Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page prove the Bible wrong...please!

Old 07-09-03   #41
TheLight
Darkness Incarnate

TheLight
Credits: 49,858
Quote:
Originally posted by Dyshade
why would he do that???? and it does not mention anything like that in the bible so that is nothing but speculation on your part..... you would think it would mention something so important within the bible..... you rely upon faith I rely upon facts..... either provide proof or just say that it is only your faith.... and not facts....
Why would he make the universe mature?
Well lets take Adams case for instance. It said that He created, man. Then when Eve had a baby, the bible called him "man child". So there is a very convincing reason right there in scripture.

But the reason why all these things are mature, was because it needed to be, for it to work. Now this is speculation. But that is just a thought. It matters not.

I also rely on fact. The Holy Spirit came on me, fact
Answered prayers left and right, fact.
Many people believing the same thing, going through the same thing, fact.
God speaks to me, fact.
For nothing is hidden, except to revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light. Mark 4:21+24
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-03   #42
TheLight
Darkness Incarnate

TheLight
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowborn
This has got to be the dumbest thing I've heard you say yet. So now God's purposely making things look older than they actually are to fool the scientists, I suppose?
The scientists don't even know how old the world is, fully, if I am not mistaken, they say its atleast it so many billion years. The key word being "atleast".

Who know why? Maybe God had to stick it in the oven and let it bake.

All I know is, the age of the world has nothing to do with my life. It won't teach me to pray better, or live better.
For nothing is hidden, except to revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light. Mark 4:21+24
Old 07-09-03   #43
TheLight
Darkness Incarnate

TheLight
Quote:
Originally posted by Common Sense
Know why there were no dates in the bible? CAUSE ITS BULLSHIT. MEN wrote this novel! MEN. Let me ask you a serious question? Did they have TVs back then? Playstations? Nope all they had was liquor and A HELLOVA LOT OF FREE TIME. What did they do you ask? Drank, rambled, and preached. Storytellers my friends, EVERYONE was a storyteller back then. You could say anything you want, who could prove you wrong back then, NOBODY thats who. I would never trust what somebody else believed was the truth, another human being who knows as little as the rest of us. OH BUT HE WAS JESUS, who because god was so genious, was a mere MAN. Flesh and blood, with what we spose to swallow as magical abilities.... COME ON. The only prove anyone has about his magical abilites and heritage is in a book HE FUCKING WROTE! Wouldn't you make yourself a tad exaggerated? Ya you would, much like Jesus did. I love that man though, I'm willing to bet he used the whole "Son of god" thing to get more then one virgin to drop her panties in the name of everything holy. He was a hussler, con-artist, and all around smart fucking buisnessman, except it caught up with him. Ahh well, he died for our sins, yet we still sin everyday. Every second we live somewhere someone sins, but praytell, where is this Jesus now? GOD could just ressurrect (sp?) him again, BOOM we hang em, BAM we sin-free for another 26 seconds. REJOICE WORLD. Ya know Im glad Dyshade has evidence and facts, that way I can't just keep being the factless jackass.
Well I guess we know what this guy does for fun.

"another human being that knows as little as the rest of us."

This statement right here is the bases for you beliefs. You don't know, so how could anyone else know?

So you just keep drinking your beer, plugging your girl, and play your gaystation. Because pretty soon, you will "know" what sin is. And there will be weeping and nashing of teeth, and I'm not talking about hell either, I am talking about here on earth.

I "know" what I am talking about, I went down that road.
Old 07-10-03   #44
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
Quote:
Originally posted by TheLight
Why would he make the universe mature?
Well lets take Adams case for instance. It said that He created, man. Then when Eve had a baby, the bible called him "man child". So there is a very convincing reason right there in scripture.

But the reason why all these things are mature, was because it needed to be, for it to work. Now this is speculation. But that is just a thought. It matters not.

I also rely on fact. The Holy Spirit came on me, fact
Answered prayers left and right, fact.
Many people believing the same thing, going through the same thing, fact.
God speaks to me, fact.
Seek professional counseling..... I am told that they can do wonderous things about delusions and the people who suffer them....

Self suggestion is one of the strongest modifiers of personal will..... if you believe it so sometimes even if it ain't it can seem as if it actually is..... note your key word in your post is "speculation".....

I do so think that you have a very screwy idea of what "facts" are..... as I have said many times in the past.... you rely on "faith" which has nothing to do with reality and the physical world we live in..... I rely on facts and evidence.... not on the whimsical writings of men long dead which cannot be upheld with facts and evidence.....

if we were to take your arguments of "facts" into consideration we would also have to say that every other person upon this planet who has ever had a revelation or a spiritual encounter was also correct and in the right..... there are thousands of religions upon the earth...... according to logic.... sound deduction..... and common sense.... either one of them is right..... or they are all wrong...... and the sane man would go with "they are all wrong".....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-10-03   #45
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Well I guess we know what this guy does for fun.

"another human being that knows as little as the rest of us."

This statement right here is the bases for you beliefs. You don't know, so how could anyone else know?

So you just keep drinking your beer, plugging your girl, and play your gaystation. Because pretty soon, you will "know" what sin is. And there will be weeping and nashing of teeth, and I'm not talking about hell either, I am talking about here on earth.

I "know" what I am talking about, I went down that road.
Ohhhh... please oh wise and knowledgable one tell us of our sins..... tell us how we live in the wrong...... save our souls and our minds.....

You really are the epitomy of christianity.... preaching kindness and mercy yet speaking sinfully and with great insult...... you dear boy are a hypocrite.... a living breathing contradiction......

S.O.D.

Old 07-10-03   #46
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
The scientists don't even know how old the world is, fully, if I am not mistaken, they say its atleast it so many billion years. The key word being "atleast".

Who know why? Maybe God had to stick it in the oven and let it bake.

All I know is, the age of the world has nothing to do with my life. It won't teach me to pray better, or live better.
six and one half billion years approximately...... you really should study up on scientific knowledge.... instead of believing the tripe they pander off to you poor fools of the faith.....

S.O.D.

Old 07-10-03   #47
Common Sense
Lurks in the Shadows

Common Sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 10,216
Faux Messiah- So they perserved the date, I could write something and head the date as 20762 ADCBBA! It was men who wrote that, thats my first point. Back then the people were VERY VERY impressionable, my second point. And my third point- You knew EVERY SINGLE FAMILY OF THAT TIME? They all worked sunrise to sunup raising 13 kids and managing 45 acres of produce feilds? FUCK YOU Dr.Ignorance. At least I don't claim to know all. Its proven throughout time a good storyteller earned his livings telling stories, also proving good storytellers compacted much of the information describing the actions of extrodinary people. Not everybody was smart enough to write (or have it written) a bestseller that explains their good deeds, like Jesus. Keep you're head in you're ass, no sweat of my sac.
Old 07-10-03   #48
TheObserver
Embracer Of The Dark

TheObserver is on a distinguished road
Credits: 30,040
So, what about the dinosaurs then?

Anyway, thought I'd share this:

Fraud in the Bible

or
It Sucks That You Don't Know
Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic
What is Pious Fraud?

Pious fraud was a common technique employed by early Christian writers to make a point. Their intention was to convert anyone and everyone by any means available. One of the more persuasive methods was to write a text and falsely tell others that it was written in first person. For example, the four canonized gospel tales were not written by Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. That has been a well known fact for about 200 years. And to this day, no one knows who the gospel stories were written by. These texts are perfect examples of pious fraud. Pious fraud is the foundation of the deception known as Christianity and it continues to this day.

During the first couple of centuries of the Common Era the early Christian priestcraft, which would eventually become the early Catholic fathers, were in the process of assimilating religions from all over Europe. Ultimately the new religion become known as the Christian religion, or more accurately The Catholic Church. The Bible was put together by hundreds of people who were either at the head of the fraud or were pawns in its assembly. Once the original languages were translated into Latin, it was only a matter of time before the original language nuances could be discarded. Ever wonder why it was punishable by death to read the Bible during the Middle Ages? Punishable by death by the common folk to read it, that is. Well, the reason was that the priestcraft was well aware of the errors, inconsistencies and flat-out lies that riddled the Bible. If the common man found out, it could have been the death of the Church's authority, power and control over the masses. And since the original languages are rarely, if ever, used by those who read the Bible (well, those who actually READ it), the fraud is perpetuated.

When a pious fraud is knowingly perpetuated in the name of power and money, you have deception. Remember, 1700-2000 years ago, when these texts were being assembled into a 'new testament', the vast majority of humanity was illiterate. Science was not known. Demons rules the world. Anything could be put forth and said to be 'absolute truth' when it was in fact, completely fraudulent.

What is the implication of this? The implication is self-evident. The story of Genesis, that Christian proselytizers love to advance (altho it is part of the much older Jewist texts), is a complete and utter forgery. In that story we are led to believe that there was a single god who created the earth, etc. in 6 days. Not only has science proven the timeline to be completely false, the religious aspect is a complete fabrication. At the time that the Genesis story was supposed to have been written the Hewbrew people were not monotheistic. That's history. They believed in many gods and Genesis proves it. The story actually goes back to before the Hebrews were a distinct people-it is not Hebrew in origin.

Pious Fraud in Translation

Let's take a look at the very first words of the book of Genesis. Note very carefully that the Hebrew culture, at the time of this writing, was not monothestic, but rather, polytheistic. Will your priest, minister or preacher tell you that? No. But you can find out for yourself with a simple dictionary.

The Hebrew word for God is el; the plural is elohim, gods. What is the first sentence in the Bible?

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth" (Gen. 1:1).

Here is Genesis 1:1 in Hebrew (transliterated into the Latin alphabet, of course):

"Bereshith bara elohim," etc.,

"In-beginning created (the) gods (the) heavens and (the) earth."

In the same chapter the word "elohim" (gods) is used thirty times., Those gods are the ones who created the 'universe' in 6 days.

To clarify, here is the translation of the Hebrew text of Genesis 1. Notice how Jewish and Christian 'fathers' don't bother to tell you what the original text says. They would like you to believe that a single god created everything. But, they messed up big time and actually translated it properly. In plain English, the translation reads 'let us make man in our image':

Here are three examples of the Hebrew plural gods mentioned in Genesis: 1. "And-said elohim (gods), let-US-make man (adam) in-image-OUR, after-likeness-OUR" (1:26).

2. And when "adam" had eaten of the forbidden fruit of the tree of knowledge, "the Lord God" said, "Behold, the-man has become like one of US, to know good and evil" (3:27).

3. And when the Tower of Babel was being built: "The Lord [Heb. Yahveh] said ... Come, let US go down," etc.

When speaking of the Hebrew deity, Yahveh, elohim, (gods) is used in the Hebrew texts, The plural elohim is used 2570 times. It is always falsely translated to the singular "God", thus falsely making us believe that this text was written at a time when the Hebrew people were monothestic, when it clearly is the case (written at least 2570 times, no less!) that they WERE NOT.

In the three Genesis verses above, there are three different designations of the Hebrew deity or deities: elohim, (gods), falsely translated "God":

Lord God (Heb. Yahveh-elohim); and Lord (Heb. Yahveh). Yahveh is the proper name of the Hebrew God, which, in English, is Jehovah.

Yahveh-elohim is a Hebrew "construct-form" which is translated to "Yahveh-of-the-gods." Invariably these personal names were falsely translated "Lord" and "Lord God," respectively, for purposes of pious fraud.

First Man, First Woman

There was no first man "Adam," according to the Hebrew text. The word adam in Hebrew is a common noun, meaning man in a generic sense and in Genesis 1:26, it states:

"And elohim (gods) said, Let us make adam (man)"; and so "elohim created ha- adam (the-man); ... male and female created he them" (1: 27).

In the second creation story, where man is first made alone:

"Yahveh formed ha-adam (the-man) out of the dust of ha-adamah-the ground" (2:7).

Man is called in Hebrew adam because he was formed out of adamah, the ground; just as in Latin man is called homo because he was formed from humus, the ground. Early Christian father Lactantius stated it as 'homo ex humo' ('man from the ground', or 'dust' as it commonly stated today).

The forging of the name Adam from the Hebrew noun adam into a mythical proper name Adam, was after the so-called Exodus. The fraud in the forging of fictitious genealogies from "in the beginning" to Father Abraham.

And this wasn't done by Christians, but rather by early Hebrew priests. Nonetheless, early Christians took this deception and used it for their own newly forged religion.

Who has a Soul?

In Genesis 1 is the account of the creation of the elohim-gods-on the fifth day, of "nephesh hayyah" which is "the moving creature that hath life," and of "nephesh hayyah-every living creature" out of the waters (1:20, 21); and on the sixth day of "nephesh hayyah-the living creature" out of the ground (1:24); and he gave to ha-adam-the-man dominion over "kol nephesh hagyah-everything wherein there is life," (1:30.)

The Hebrew text states that all animal living creatures are by God called "nephesh hayyah," literally "living soul".

In Chapter 2 is the history of ha-adam made from ha-adamah; and, in contrast to these lowly "living creatures" (nephesh hayyah), Yahveh-clohim "breathed into his nostrils nishmath hayyim -- (living breaths), and ha-adam became nephesh hayyah-a living soul". (2:7)

In Hebrew everywhere you read the word nephesh it simply means soul, and hayyah (living) is the feminine singular adjective from hai, life.

In the original Hebrew texts, Man was created exactly the same as the other animals. All had or were 'nephesh hayyah' or living souls.

Remember, tho, that the reason there are two creation stories is because two culture's stories of creation were woven together by the early Hebrew priestcraft.

Unknown scribes, in translation, made animals merely creatures, and "Creation's masterpiece, Man," became a "living soul." They falsely altered these plain words so as to deceive us into believing a special God-breathed soul is in man which is completely different from animal that merely perishes to dust.

The implication of this is that someone has fraudulently decided that we are a special creation that has a soul, and eliminated the actual words of what Genesis says. Now all other animals don't have a soul. According to the story, all things that live have a soul. So what happened here? Forgery. That's what happened.

Chalk one up for vegetarians.

There Was No Continuous Hebrew Monotheistic Culture

When Yahveh appeared to Moses in the Burning Bush, and announced himself as "the God of thy fathers," he was a total stranger to Moses. How do I know? Read the account. It doesn't take a scholar to read where Moses ASKS who's taking. No, Moses wasn't merely surprised at the voiceÖhe simply didn't know what was going on. (The fact that Moses is just a rehash of the Egyptian Mises is another essay altogether. But for the purposes of this essay, I'm pretending that Moses was a real person.)

Moses did not know this Yahveh, and had never heard of him. So that he asked, "What is thy name?" -so that he could report it to the people back home in Egypt, who had never heard it. After some intermission, the God came directly to the point, and declared-here are the exact words-one of the most notorious falsities in the Hebrew text:

"And elohim spake unto Moses, and said unto him., anoki Yahveh -- I am the Lord!

"And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of el-shaddai, but by my name Yahveh (JEHOVAH) was I not known to them." (Ex. 6:2, 8.)

The Hebrew God for the first time since the world began, is "revealed" to mankind the "ineffable name" of Yahveh, here first appearing in the Bible translations, and there printed as JEHOVAH in capital letters; for more vivid and awe-inspiring impression.

But this is a notorious lie-since we known that Moses did not write the first five books of the Hebrew text.

In Genesis 2:4, the name YAHVEH first appears; "in the day that Yahveh-elohim made the earth and the heavens." Its first recorded use as a mystical personage, was when Eve "conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from Yahveh-the Lord." (Gen. 4:1.)

The personal name YAHVEH occurs in the Book of Genesis one hundred and fifty-six times. It's spoken dozens of times by Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as any one can read in Genesis. Every single time that the title "the Lord" and "the Lord God" appears, it is a false translation by the priests for the Hebrew personal name YAHVEH.

Throughout the Hebrew "scriptures" it occurs thousands of times: "The sacred name occurs in Genesis ~156 times; and is found in the Old Testament approximately 6000 times, either alone or in along with another Divine name."

More exactly, the Tetragrammaton (YHVH), appears in the Old Testament 6823 times as the proper name of God as the God of Israel. As such it serves to distinguish him from the gods of the other nations." Thus was the Hebrew tribal god YAHVEH distinguished from Bel, and Chemosh, and Dagon, and Shamash, and the dozens of "gods of the nations". Just as James would distinguish his name from Rudolph, or Cary, this was precisely the Hebrew usage-to distinguish one heathen god from another.

And this the pious translators, foisting their fraud on us, sought to hide, giving names to all the "other gods," but suppressing a name for the Hebrew deity, who as "the Lord," or "the Lord God," was high and unique, "a god above all gods," -the one and only true God-thru the use of a tetragrammaton.

But yet a more malicious and evil-intentioned deception, 6828 times, is the name of the Hebrew God concealed by false rendition for the deliberate purpose of forging the whole Hebrew texts, as translated, into a semblance of harmony with the false declaration of Exodus 6:3, that "by my name YAHVEH was I not know unto them."

Search as one may, outside Exodus 6:3, the god-name YAHVEH (Jehovah) is never to be found in the translations, except in Psalm 78:18, and Isaiah 12:2 and 26:4. (But they are irrelevant for this discussion because those passages were written well after the original 5 books were forged.)

The false translations thus "make truth to be a liar," the lie of Exodus 6:3 to seem the truth; and a barbarous heathen tribal god among a hundred neighbor and competitive gods to be the nameless One Lord God of the Universe. For more on this tribal god, you can read

Who is this Jehovah and Where Does He Live?

What does this imply? It implies this: the Hebrew-Christian-One-God is a patent forgery and myth; a mythological Father-god can have no "only begotten Son"; Jesus Christ is a myth even before he is mythically born by the forged whimsy of the early Christian 'fathers'.

A Few Translations

These translations, while only three in number, will change your whole way of thinking about what is being presented in your Bible.

Son of Man: In all three major Semitic languages (Aramaic, Hebrew, and Arabic) the term barnasha means "human being". Jesus often referred to himself as a human being (28 times in the Gospels). Barnasha comes from bar (son) and nasha (man). The meaning of barnasha has created a lot of confusion in the Gospels. It is impossible to translate the Aramaic term of barnasha literally as "son of man" - and yet most biblical translators have and still do just that to this day. In the Aramaic language the word bar is combined with many other words to create different meanings - most specifically is means a "likeness." For example barabba means "resembles his father". Barhila translated literally would mean "son of power" but in reality it means "soldier". So when we read in the Gospels the phrase "son of man" it should be read correctly as "human being".

Son of God: The word bar means a likeness or resemblance to the suffix word. The Aramaic term that Son of God comes from is bardalaha. Translated literally as "son of God" it does not mean this. Bardalaha in reality means "like God" or "God-like". So when Jesus is referred to as the "Son of God" we should read this correctly as "God-like" or "like God". So what does that tell you about the translation we read in today's Bibles? It tells you that Jesus was not the Son of God - but that he was "God-like". There is a big difference. Jesus himself repeatedly referred to himself as a "human being". The Aramaic reference does not mean one is physically divine - it means there is an important spiritual relationship between God and the man whom is bestowed that phraseology. In addition, don't forget that the Council of Nicea in 325 CE voted to change the human Jesus to a supernatural being. It wasn't until that time that any church thought of Jesus as such.

Only Begotten Son: The world ehedaya is Aramaic. It is very important to understand its meaning when hearing that phrase being bantered about. When we read that Jesus was God's "only begotten son" - it is an incorrect translation of the Aramaic word. The term is found exclusively in the Gospel of John. The phrase we read in English was translated from a Greek word, monogenes. Monos means "single" or "one" and genos means "kind". So the Greek translation originally was with "one-of-a-kind". So where does 'begotten' come from? The Greek word genos is distantly related to the verb gennan which means "to beget". Thus, to translate monogenes as "only begotten" is improper and incorrect--which is an indication of an ill-trained translator being involved with the text. The actual translation should be "unique son" or "one-of-a-kind". The Aramaic word ehedaya means "sole heir" and "the beloved". So when we combine monogenes ehedaya we get "one-of-a-kind, beloved son". That's considerably different from 'only begotten son'.

http://www.mksmith.org/
Old 07-10-03   #49
TheObserver
Embracer Of The Dark

TheObserver is on a distinguished road
Credits: 30,040
The New Testament Did Not Exist!
by Dr Vendyl Jones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever thought of what Christianity would be today if we had no New Testament? Perhaps, one might question if there would be such a faith as the Christian faith without the New Testament.

What do you suppose might happen if all the New Testaments were to vanish? Could we go on? Could we survive?

Yet, the early church, from the days of the apostles till the fourth century had no New Testament as a collection of 27 books. There are two things the so called "New Testament Church" did not have.

The first thing is the New Testament and the second is "a church." Primal Christians had only the Torah. The five books of Moses.

They had the twenty-two books of the Prophets and Holy Writings that included Psalms, Proverbs, Job, Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, Esther, Daniel, Ezra-Nehemiah and the two books of Chronicles.

Then, of course, they had and used the fourteen books of the Apocrypha. They met and worshipped with the Jews in the Synagogues.

Many times we read in the New Testament statements such as:

" . . . the scripture saith . . . .." Or
" . . . it is written . . . .." Or
" . . . what saith the law . . . .." Or
" . . . thus saith the L-rd . . . .." Or
" . . . as the prophet said . . . .."

When many read these statements, they think it is referring to Matthew, Mark, Luke, John or one of the New Testament epistles.

Not so!

The New Testament did not exist in those days. The only scripture they had was the Tanach and Apocrypha.

The New Testament church only had the Hebrew Scripture.

If there was a church in your community by any name, who had a sign in front that read:

"This church only teaches from the Old Testament" what would be the response of the community? What would be your response? Would you dare to visit that church? Would you consider
becoming a member?

Do you think that church's pastor would be invited to join the local ministerial association? Probably not!

Yet, can we not put that sign on every church mentioned in Acts and the Pauline epistles?

Any church today that posted and practiced such a sign "we only study the Old Testament" would be considered a cult or an occult.

Some people would become very angry immediately, not giving it a second thought and brand it as heresy.

While when the more moderate would only feel a little sick at the stomach for such a blatant statement.

They would be turned off by such a thought. That is only natural!

That is exactly the response the primitive churches got from their communities!

Do you know of any church today dedicated to in-depth constant study of the Torah, Prophets and Holy Writings of the Tanach or so called Old Testament?

Do you know any church that would treat the scriptures as the Older Testaments and the Newer Testaments as it was so amply state by Rabbi Zalman Shechtcher-Shalomi?

Originally the writers of the Newer Testament, all were Jewish, viewed the Older Testament of the Hebrew Scriptures as the supreme authority of what they wrote.

Much later their writings became the Newer Testament. Their authority was in Torah primarily, enforced by the Prophets and Holy Writings.

Their Newer Testament writings never showed or claimed supremacy over the Older Testament!

They did all their writing in the Jewish mind-set. This attitude always concedes all authority to the Torah!

It never irritates or challenges the authority of the Hebrew Scriptures.

Unfortunately, when the Byzantines, in the fourth century after Jesus, removed the apostolic writings from the Jewish mind-set and< forced them into a Greco Roman mind-set everything changed.

First, they collected 27 of many writings and called the collection, for the first time the "New Testament."

The monks inverted the authority and made the "New Testament" superior to the Hebrew's sacred scripture that they titled the "Old Testament" for the first time.

This implied that the "new" had now replaced the "old." The Jewish< Holy Scripture was now obsolete and abrogated by the New Testament.

Hereafter, the monks only used the Jewish Bible to try to prove the validity of their New Testament. They used the text they had abrogated and nullified.

The purpose of the B'nai No'ach Study Program is to help the non-Jew understand what the Word of G-d means to him. It is an attempt to
get Christians to return to the scriptures and learn "the first principles of the oracle of G-d."

B'nai No'ach is not church. It is an attempt to fill the void the church has not filled in people's lives. B'nai No'ach is not a prayer meeting nor a praise and worship event. It is not and does not take the place of church.

At all cost we must avoid making B'nai No'ach another sect or denomination. B'nai No'ach is our effort to help you to know G-d and know his living Word.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Vendyl Jones is the original inspiration for the Indiana Jones character of the movies.

In real life, Vendyl is director of the Institute for Judeo- Christian Research located in Arlington, Texas.
Old 07-10-03   #50
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 5,883
I find it ironic that someone who has nothing more to argue besides his own dislikes and overactive emotions gives themself the name "Common Sense".
Old 07-11-03   #51
Common Sense
Lurks in the Shadows

A) Im sure the savior and messiah for us troubled sinners? (names mean shit fuckjuice)
You believe in the supernatural!!!!! What makes a god you've never seen,(get this, its the funniest part) are not ALLOWED TO SEE, and who can no longer intervein to save his lemmings- real, besides you're undying belief in it? Nothing that would hold up in court, you can bet on that. I don't claim to know all, but you all claim to know I.
Old 07-11-03   #52
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Common Sense
A) Im sure the savior and messiah for us troubled sinners? (names mean shit fuckjuice)
You believe in the supernatural!!!!! What makes a god you've never seen,(get this, its the funniest part) are not ALLOWED TO SEE, and who can no longer intervein to save his lemmings- real, besides you're undying belief in it? Nothing that would hold up in court, you can bet on that. I don't claim to know all, but you all claim to know I.
Okies.... your post is alright... except for this part....

""(names mean shit fuckjuice)""

Consider yourself warned formally..... do not be deragotory and insulting toward a member..... before you were being antagonized and as such overlooked the abuses..... so tone down the insults.... attack the ideals of the post yet do not insult and attack the poster for thier ideals.....

If you are being antagonized it is a whole other story.... in this case you were not being antagonized.....

S.O.D.

Old 07-11-03   #53
Common Sense
Lurks in the Shadows

I do apologize publicly! He did not refute my points, he attacked the very fiber of my being. It burned away at my soul until I was forced to retailiate in a inappropriate manner. Now I have offended an innocent bystander... WHY GOD, WHY AM I FORSAKEN WITH THIS CURSED MIND!
Old 07-16-03   #54
Meatros
The Meat is in the Middle

Meatros is on a distinguished road
Credits: 10,107
Re: prove the Bible wrong...please!

Quote:
Originally posted by SatansEnemy
i want anyone out there to prove the Bible to be wrong.
and i want solid proof, not said proof, from a scientist that thinks that their theory does that.
From the outset, it seems you have a mistaken idea of what a scientific theory is, but seeing as that is neither here nor there:

How the bible is wrong:

Genesis: 1:3-1:20

God creates plants before he creates the sun...How the fuck do plants live without sunlight or heat??

Not to mention the whole "Noah's Ark" debactle, a global flood most certianly didn't occur.

Mankind did not evolve from dust.

Leviticus also has some errors:

11:5-6, rabbits don't chew cud.

11:23-Insects don't have four legs

Deuteronomy: 14:10-14:20- So a bat is now a "bird"?

Job 9:6-The earth doesn't move?

Psalms 29:6-Please show me evidence of a unicorn.

Isaiah 13:10- Says that the moon makes it's own light...how interesting...

So prove these biblical fallacies correct.
Old 07-17-03   #55
apostate
REDUNDANT

apostate
Credits: 17,410
Well, most of what I felt needed to be pointed out already has by Lillith, TheObserver and Meatros there.

An interesting note on the fabrication of the King James version. Apparently Jim had a great fear of witches, and thus had the line "thou shalt not suffer a poisoner to live" edited with witch in place of poisoner. I don't remember the location of this, so I can't point it out right now, but can get it.

I forgot about the unicorns! How does someone forget that?

Behemoth and Leviathan could be referring to dinosaurs. However, in the passage referenced, it implies these creatures were around during Job's time. We all know that dinosaurs were long extinct by the time humans evolved. Don't we?

The confusion concerning bats being birds is understandable, as we are talking about a primitive, superstitious and unscientific people that wrote this passage. By the way, I'm not talking about the ancient Hebrews. Science in the dawn of human civilization was surprisingly advanced, and well ahead of science during the Dark Ages when they kept getting ergot poisoning and hallucinating themselves as werewolves or thinking our hearts were triangular and located on the right.
This confusion of species is mirrored in the story of Jonah and the whale, as no one can agree these days as to whether Jonah was swallowed whole by a whale or a shark. The passage merely says it was a great fish, though it is commonly acepted to have been a whale. We all know whales aren't fish. Don't we?
However, primitive, scientifically disadvantaged society notwithstanding, this is the Word of God, and God would know. Wouldn't he?

Common Sense, it is common knowledge (or so I thought) that Jesus did not write the Bible. Or maybe you're on to something. Maybe he did, and the joke's on us as we are all fighting over its accuracy. All those other names could be pseudonyms.

There is a school of thought that hypothesizes mankind were slaves to the gods (reread the banishing where God refers to "himself" in the plural, kinda Bob Dole-esque) and our true savior was the serpent who bestowed upon us the power to free ourselves; knowledge. One thing is certain, God lied about the consequences of eating the fruit. The serpent was right, Eve did not die. Unless you consider the curse God bestowed upon them "...to dust you will return". Depends how you choose to take the translation.
Old 07-17-03   #56
apostate
REDUNDANT

apostate
Credits: 17,410
Almost forgot this one.

The flood mythos. Nearly every ancient religion and culture has some sort of flood mythos, or something concerning the earth being covered in water at some point. This is generally explained by the fact that fossils can be found of sea creatures well above sea level in mountains. We know now that this is because at one point the earth was indeed mostly underwater, and because of plate tectonics pushing land masses up and scrunching the crust as they collide, producing mountains and hills up from the sea. During the development of human society, this was not known and the flood mythos explained that for them. Some mythos, such as the Japanese, begin with the earth completely covered in water and gods create the land up from the seas. This, of course, is more accurate.

And we all know what happened to the unicorns. Don't you remember that song?
Old 07-17-03   #57
Meatros

No, I don't remember the song.

In any event, I think there's a flood mythos because floods happen. Worldwide floods don't, but localized ones do, and a localized flood could *seem* to cover the earth.

In any event, there haven't been any worldwide floods in the past billion or so years that science has been able to detect (that I'm aware of).

About Jonah and the whale...How is it possible that Jonah lived in the whales belly for so long, anyway?
Old 07-17-03   #58
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 5,883
One thing...

"God creates plants before he creates the sun...How the fuck do plants live without sunlight or heat"

The Earth did exist at this point, so the plants referred to could be deep underground or at the bottom of the ocean, and take warmth from volcanic vents, etc.
Old 07-18-03   #59
Meatros

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark Messiah
One thing...

"God creates plants before he creates the sun...How the fuck do plants live without sunlight or heat"

The Earth did exist at this point, so the plants referred to could be deep underground or at the bottom of the ocean, and take warmth from volcanic vents, etc.
Two things about this:

It doesn't make any sense and has no back up; what plants can grow beneath the surface of the earth, especially at a depth that would make it possible for the core to warm them? Wouldn't they have to some how sprout in rocks?

Two, totally sidesteps photosynthesis.

Also, if they could survive beneath the surface; why did they ever come up?
Old 07-18-03   #60
Shadowborn
Grand Master Geek

Shadowborn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 239,493
Quote:
Originally posted by Meatros
In any event, I think there's a flood mythos because floods happen. Worldwide floods don't, but localized ones do, and a localized flood could *seem* to cover the earth.
Especially in a culture where people wouldn't travel more than a few miles in a day. If there was nothing but water as far as the horizon, excepting perhaps a few high hilltops, the outlook might be bleak enough to be determined a worldwide flood.

I feel this way on DF...a lot.