Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page UK Guncrime up 40% since 1997 Gunban

Old 06-05-02   #181
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
So you did not read my last post where i quoted a US Justice Department Study eh??? It clearly states how is best to defend yourself....

You have really proven nothing.... where as I have quoted many7 sources all saying the same thing.... and I can quote many more but i feel as if I am arguing with a religious zealot..... you will not look past your perspective to see the truth....

Scenario one.... you destroy all guns in the world.... and all ammunition..... Do you have any idea how easy it is to make a gun in your garage with the right tools....
My friend made a one shot .45Caliber Pistol using scrap metal, a torch, sandpaper, and a little bit of hydrochloric acid..... he reloaded used ammo also.... he did this because the terms of his probation did not allow him to purchase or license firearms.... SO HE MADE HIS OWN!!!! which would be the case....
Your Utopian ideal of a world without firearms is a farce.... and will never happen.... EDUCATION!!!! we must educate people on the use of firearms and how to respect them.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-02   #182
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
Quote:
Originally posted by neonwraith
As to you Justice Dept Studies.

We can only assume that the justice Dept as an offshoot of the government is as baised as the government it serves.

As has been claimed with the Civil-Service figures I posted earlier.

Neon
If that is so... you are claiming My government I live under is biased.... making me suspect everthing you claim.... mainly because one who often claims bias on anothers part is often biased themselves...

S.O.D.

Old 06-05-02   #183
Tor
Embracer Of The Dark

Tor
Credits: 15,867
"Guns are not a part of our culture. They have no place within our culture.

There are many in the Countryside Alliance that would disagree with you on that "

Um... which culture. USA it's written in the constitution isn't it? and UK about 500 years we've had guns.

"Afterall the Dunblane massacre was caused by a LEGAL firearm.

Actually the license was revoked for an earlier crime. The police just never got around to doing their job. Thus they were illegal. "

Didn't he use a shot-gun which is still legal today?

I am a shepherd and my flock is one.
Old 06-05-02   #184
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,236
Quote:
As to you Justice Dept Studies.

We can only assume that the justice Dept as an offshoot of the government is as baised as the government it serves.

As has been claimed with the Civil-Service figures I posted earlier.

Neon
our government is one of the institutions trying to make guns illegal...
Old 06-05-02   #185
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

Sixgun_Symphony is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 280,706
Quote:
Okay....

1st) I am a lawyer. I do know a little baout legal history.

The Firearms act 1967 made all transporting of firearms Illeagal.

2nd) crimes in general have increased. Look at the comparison.

American HAS firearms and the U.K. does not. therefore as BOTH countries have had marked rises in crime as has most of the world, especially over the past 10 years, you can say that violent crimes statistics are irrelevant.

The fact of the matter is.

The statistics I show are Criminal statistics. The numbers will not include any act which constitutes a legally recognised defence.

Okay...maybe violent crime has risen 40% since the gunban. But this is not connected to the ban itself.

Outlaws are the ones who will carry guns on the street. But the statistics I've given you show clearly that guns in the U.K. have never really made much of a difference.

Considering the lethality of guncrime as opposed to the lesser lethality of violent crime, the trade of is not logical.

I have proven that guns only make gun carrying people more likely to fire to save their own skin, INCREASING, the likliehood of an exchange of fire.

Neon
Survey research during the early 1990s by criminologist Gary Kleck found as many as 2.5 million protective uses of firearms each year in the U.S. "[T]he best available evidence indicates that guns were used about three to five times as often for defensive purposes as for criminal purposes," Kleck writes. Analyzing National Crime Victimization Survey data, he found "robbery and assault victims who used a gun to resist were less likely to be attacked or to suffer an injury than those who used any other methods of self-protection or those who did not resist at all." (Targeting Guns, Aldine de Gruyter, 1997)
Most protective firearm uses do not involve discharge of a firearm. In only 1% of protective uses are criminals wounded and in only 0.1% are criminals killed.

A Dept. of Justice survey found that 40% of felons chose not to commit at least some crimes for fear their victims were armed, and 34% admitted having been scared off or shot at by armed victims. (James D. Wright and Peter H. Rossi, Armed and Considered Dangerous, Aldine de Gruyter, 1986)

Thirty-three states now have Right-to-Carry (RTC) laws providing for law-abiding citizens to carry firearms for protection against criminals. Twenty-three states have adopted RTC laws in the last 15 years. Half of Americans, including 60% of handgun owners, live in RTC states.

Professor John R. Lott, Jr., and David B. Mustard, in the most comprehensive study to date of RTC laws' effectiveness concluded, "When state concealed-handgun laws went into effect in a county, murders fell about 8 percent, rapes fell by 5 percent, and aggravated assaults fell by 7 percent. . . . Will allowing law-abiding citizens to carry concealed handguns save lives? The answer is yes, it will." (Lott, More Guns, Less Crime, Univ. of Chicago Press, 1998)

RTC states have lower violent crime rates on average: 22% lower total violent crime, 28% lower murder, 38% lower robbery, and 17% lower aggravated assault. The five states with the lowest violent crime rates are RTC states. (FBI) People who carry legally are by far more law-abiding than the rest of the public. In Florida, for example, only a fraction of 1% of carry licenses have been revoked because of gun-related crimes committed by license holders. (Florida Dept. of State)

Last edited by Sixgun_Symphony; 06-05-02 at 15:42.
Old 06-05-02   #186
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

Sixgun_Symphony is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 280,706
On the Dunblane massacre,

I seem to recall something about a pedoephile that attacked a schoolyard after his crimes were exposed.

Do I have this right or am I confusing the Dunblane massacre with another case?

My point is that the guy should have been in jail, not free to commit more crimes. At the very least his criminal actions would have caused his firearms license to be revoked. Why was this child molester free to commit other crimes.

Neon, you are the Barrister, can you go into some detail on this case?

Last edited by Sixgun_Symphony; 06-05-02 at 15:53.
Old 06-06-02   #187
Tor
Embracer Of The Dark

Tor
Credits: 15,867
http://www.cybersurf.co.uk/johnny/dunblane/misled.html

"Within the United Kingdom, areas of high legal firearms ownership have a low incidence of firearms homicide and attempted murder."

A quote from the above link.

I've tried to find out exactly what weapons were used in dunblane but so far (after 20 websites) have only found that 'guns' were used - pathetic. In a world if info this piece of info seems to be left out. Does anyone know? I think a shotgun was used but I'm not sure.

Oh - and the guy was said to find 'young men and boys' attractive BUT had never done anything. You always find something bad in someone to blame them for something. It's not certain from what i've read that he was actually a peadophile and here you are guilty until proved innocent...wait, that ain't right...

I am a shepherd and my flock is one.
Old 06-09-02   #188
Fellow
Moans in the Night

Fellow
Credits: 1,905
Re: UK Guncrime up 40% since 1997 Gunban

Quote:
Originally posted by Sixgun_Symphony
UK Guncrime up 40% since 1997 Gunban

"In the past 20 years, the number of crimes of violence against the person - everything from common assault to murder - recorded by the police in England and Wales has increased more than 2.5 times; from 100,200 in 1981 to 276,000 in 2001.

This is very interesting. Back when they had virtually no gun control, back when children could buy a firearm over the counter, back pre-1920s, London was as safe as can be. Now the more gun control, in fact gun prohibition and the violence soars.

The gun-grabbers know that guns are not the cause of violence they just don't trust the people to have them.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."
-- The Dalai Lama, (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times)