Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page What do you look for in a card game? (In the process of making one)

Old 03-18-05   #141
SOLACE
The Abused Concept

SOLACE is on a distinguished road
Credits: 137,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-IVD
Nope your mind set is just fine for FUN !!

I too build alot of wack decks just fior fun tho I still win alot with them ..I usely build a deck that has lots of defence or a kick but one and then unleash a realy awsome attack when im ready OR it's a slow death that I have fun with while my opponent thinks of how many ways they hate my guts since they cant play their deck lol !!

an yeah I dig cards with BUYBACK ..

The weekends here, so I get to go visit the guy at the card shop for his help too.

I want a good all around deck but I like my creatures. I just got this cool legendary rat that deals 1 for each card or creature that gos to the grave yard! I love it cause this guy beat me with a spore frog with some crazy ass deck. I wish I would have remembered that it was in my deck or I might not have given up! I would tell his ass to sack the frog then cause it would hurt him anyway! Woohoo...but thats just one card in my ever growing deck! Its getting bigger and bigger! If I only had the cards I wanted down to a T it'd be great but I want them all...its so hard for me!

Maybe I'm not suited to Magic?

You say no...But I don't know!

(I'm having problems with the site, hope this don't get posted twice)
Old 03-18-05   #142
SOLACE
The Abused Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha
I just had, this like, extremely good mojo idea, for like, Scenery Cards.
Like, what if like, you had more games in it? Ya know???

Sereously, more games. Allow me to elaborate...

I was on my way home, from school, when I bypassed the great hotel land (theres like, four different kinds in a row), when I noticed RAMADA INN.
Something about it reminded me of your game, and then it happend. The breakthrough.
What about a scenery card that totaly alters the game? Instead of your normal effects that make characters better and scenery that switches creatures and what not, what about one that creates a new game? A small game, say something thats already in play, like Character vs Character, just a small melee, and you get a bonus for winning. After the melee, you return to the orignal game. Kinda like the magic card Sharazzad (or however its spelled and pronounced), but fit for your game. Another take on it is really, really good. Instead of some sort of melee, what about a card that takes you elsewhere? Such as, you start the game in the streets, and work your way into buildings and such, but this scenery takes you to the vampire realm, or the future of where you are now. So that the end effect is that you are no longer where you were, negating all bonuses and everything else you have gained from where you were, to a world were a new set of rules takes place. Such as:
All bad guys get +'s, and more ability's.
All good guys get -'s, and lose an ability.
On your turn, you lose (source of staying alive) by so much. If you can't pay the costs, this card is sacrificed. Dureing your turn, you may destroy target character an opponent controls.*
This card cannot be removed from play. This card cannot be destroyed.

So its pretty much a Bigger for the bad guys card, but I think you can spice it up some more. If I had some rules to the game to guide me I think I could do better. I don't think this should be a Bigger for the Bad Guys card. Its not flavorfull like that. Think more like falling into a hole, and finding what awaits.

*This fits more into the flavor. I whant something that says: Heres what I do, and this is why (in the artwork), and this is what makes me good. This is what makes me speical.

Way ahead of you there! lol...I feel like I'm on the right track for sure now. This kinda stuff has been in the game from day one! Even more very first demo of the game. On index cards...

Super idea...you just helped me reinforce the fact that I'm going in the right direction...

Could you do me a fave? If you have a digatal cam and don't have to spend and $$$, could you take a pic of that inn for me...I like ot see it just for refferance please!

I'm glad your still helping too. Its nice to know people are into this stuff! I swear to god if I do make it with this game I'll be looking for paid help! So yeah...but don't get your hopes up, its a long shot!
Old 03-18-05   #143
SOLACE
The Abused Concept

Quote:
Doh, why didn't I think of this before. What about a GraveDigger?
Its a magic card, so its pretty self explanitory. But as long as your game is played with alot of one ofs, I think this guy would be great.

The question is, is it too powerfull?

Not too powerful at all...

I have a few that act in a way like that. To gain back this or that! Its a given, its like the games have to have a card or character like this!

I have cards that stop gravedigging or deck digging as well.
Old 03-18-05   #144
SOLACE
The Abused Concept

Quote:
By and by Sol, do you mind if I print off some of your cards for a folder? I tend to keep things in their earlier stages, to look back on and reflect.

Yeah sure not a problem, but could you do one thing for me, just write property of D.S., SOLACE and my e-mail on the back of them. Then its cool...

In fact I like you to have them. You've helped so its fair!
Old 03-18-05   #145
Alpha
Because I was here first

Alpha is on a distinguished road
Credits: 66,664
I can get the picture of Ramada, but your gonna have to wait till Wensday. Its a given that its gonna be at night too, unless my days get longer over here. But it shouldn't be a problem.

Since you already have digging effects, I suggest one big one. Fifth Dawn (magic) came out with a card that returns two creatures to the owners hand. Now I think that might be too good for this game, but returning two cards or even three (dare I say five?) from the discard pile wouldn't be a real nice effect. It would really give somone the edge. But make sure its in flavor! It should belong to the bad guys or nuetrals, and have an equal draw back.

And don't worry about the copy right. I'll be sure to include all that on the front page.

Quote:
I have cards that stop gravedigging or deck digging as well.
Wow. Thats advanced.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-05   #146
Alpha
Because I was here first

I didn't get the picture last week, but I'm hopeing on getting it tomarrow. It might even be a daylight shot.

Anyway, another unbalanced idea that you probably already have:
What about a dude that continues to give you a benifet?
Such as continuous life gain. Or more cards a turn. Just something small but meaningfull. Alot of people like cards like that. Makes them think they're doing something powerfull, which may or may not be true.

Plus, walking time bombs are always nice. Im not talking an idea like: A price you must pay everyturn or lose the card, or life, or whateverdever.
More like something like: In three turns, if you haven't won the game, each other player sacrifices three cards. You lose five cards plus this one.

It hurts all players, but mainly you. I don't think I need to tell you it should have a somewhat strong benifet for you for starters for playing it.

Old 04-05-05   #147
Alpha
Because I was here first

Still no picture, but I'm getting there. I'll be taking one tonight if I remember. It's a real shocker to see, if I can get it right. It's just a window, but I think it looks neat. Sadly, I have to wait for the sun to get up.

I was thinking about cards, and this other idea came up. What about cards that gain bonuses equal to the cards in your hand? Magic has this in the form of Maro, but I think you can think of something better then that.

The brilliant idea of the week is blank cards. Something that the players can use to effect the game after they've grown to like it. Magic has blank cards in their championship (non-legal) deck's, so the idea isn't new. But everyone likes to effect their game their way, so it's a good idea. Im thinking 5-7 blanks per-product box, as that seems more then enough. Maybe for starters a safe of 5-4.
I'm sure you can think of some new wave idea to use blanks for. Such as jokers or somethin.

And, if you have the time, can I see those cyber robots and the other vampire pictures' yet?

Old 04-07-05   #148
Alpha
Because I was here first

Ya know, it's just my damn awfull luck that my camera doesn't take those shots. My brother says I need a better one for one of those shots.

It was a good pic too.

Old 04-19-05   #149
Alpha
Because I was here first

Ok Sol, I finally found a site today that sells blank cards.

http://www.newtscards.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamType=&txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamMan=ALL& txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtDateAddedStart=&txtDateAddedEnd=&txtPriceStart=&txtPric eEnd=&txtSale=&iLevel=2&subcat=82&txtsearchParamCat=5&txtCatName=2&txtFromSearch =fromSearch
It's got a nice set of colored cards and backings. Check it out.

It doesn't look like I'll be able to get the picture anytime soon. If you still want it, I'll try.

Old 04-26-06   #150
Alpha
Because I was here first

Big Bump, should Solace decide to get back to work on this cool idea.

Old 04-26-06   #151
SOLACE
The Abused Concept

I'm going to get back to work no matter what

Like I said more then once already, it really sucks working on such a big task all alone. I wish I was $$$ and shit so I can really make this happen.
Old 05-03-06   #152
Zerozkyo
Cheer Up Emo Kids

Zerozkyo is on a distinguished road
Credits: 17,647
keep the game simple. Don't get too complex about it that no one wants to learn how to play because its too much to learn.
Old 05-04-06   #153
dk123
Lost Soul

dk123 will become famous soon enoughdk123 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 263,074
i like a lil bit of humour in a card game.

always loved playing the munchkin based series. especially samurai one.

"the eleven foot pole. for things you don't want to touch with a ten foot pole."

something a little bit too serious can get a tad tedious after a while, and i get bored of it and just want to have some fun.

never got bored playing munchkin. or ninja pizza ooo there's a great one. hehe.
Old 08-18-06   #154
Alpha
Because I was here first

I never got around to printing off the cards - so any back up files you have are the only ones. I just never got around to saving or printing them!