Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Best Movie Ever Made

Old 04-09-05   #121
Kain424
Death to Hollywood

Kain424 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 90,603
::SIGH::

This is not about favorites... I'm really tired of even saying it. So fuck it.

Battle Royale is awesome, but not only is it in a foreign language, it's utterly violent in every taboo way. Won't work here.

The Crow is a good flick, but only if you're into that sort of thing. I've got a friend who hates that movie, but mostly because he thinks that Lee was a terrible actor. I don't think that I could argue against that aspect, but I still liked the movie. It's just not the BEST.

As for eresh cloudy's picks, you obviously didn't read back far enough to see what I said about black & white flicks. Though there are thousands of awesome b&w movies, few today will even consider watching them. There are people who won't watch Clerks... need I say more on that? And cartoons... well, I'll say the same thing about those.

Keep 'em coming... and read back before you post, please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-05   #122
Firewall
Cogitating Until Vomiting

Firewall is on a distinguished road
Credits: 25,682
k

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-10-05   #123
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,124
for real man........peeps postin' here are drivin' me insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, and as for the Crow.........i don't like that film.........didn't like it when i was 14, don't care for it much today.........i find it to have a dumb/unoriginal plot....which simply put, itz just a revenge story disguised as bein' "beautiful" under itz uber-gawth-cliche story and setting......oh, and bradon lee was a bad actor

the only good points of that film.....the music and the gun fights.......
Old 04-10-05   #124
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Lenina will become famous soon enough
Credits: 375,174
BRAINDEAD!

That movie was the ultimate in gore and all that! By far my favorite Zombie movie... I first watched it when I was like...12 or something at one of my friends homes with a bunch of us just going "Wha?" All my buddies started hiding behind eachother when the lawnmower scene came on (and where Lionel's mother ate her own ear) and I was just like "THIS RULES!"

Man that movie rocks it! Very rare movie though....

You'll never understand it
Try to buy and brand it
I win, you lose, cause it's my job
To keep punk rock elite
Old 04-10-05   #125
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

*slaps forehead*........i give up......then again, i don't find it out of Lenina's character to be playin' a funny on us....in which case, ha fuckin' ha.....

as for Braindead which is also known as Dead Alive.........yeah, thatz a fuckin' hysterical movie.....meant simply to be hysterical via gore-galore......hard to find eh? well hell, i can run out right now and rent it from a dozen of movie stores and buy it from about half a dozen as well......maybe itz just rare in canada or the UK or sumtin'.........i'd buy it if i could find it used....although, itz worth the $25 for new i think.....maybe i'll buy it someday.....if anything, i just wanna watch him kick that baby's ass in the park.....that shits fuckin' hysterical........

but i will give ya this much.......as far as B-movies go, that was a very well produced B-movie.....cheesy, yet impressive effects, concernin' itz of the gore-galore style.......and the actin' is surprisingly pretty damn good as far as B-movies go.......

and you gotta give it to Peter Jackson.....do go from directin' what is considered the most gorey movie ever, he did it with style and comedy, then moved on to direct The Lord of the Rings.....and didn't he also direct The Frightners?.....i believe he did.......thatz a good flick right there
Old 04-11-05   #126
eresh_cloudy
Darkness Incarnate

eresh_cloudy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 24,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain424
::SIGH::

This is not about favorites... I'm really tired of even saying it. So fuck it.

Well, sorry, english isn't my first language.
What I mean is, I can't choose 1 best movie ever, so by saying fav's I mean the ones I think are runners up/runner ups (how do you say that??)
So this is just a misunderstanding because of language.

Quote:
As for eresh cloudy's picks, you obviously didn't read back far enough to see what I said about black & white flicks. Though there are thousands of awesome b&w movies, few today will even consider watching them. There are people who won't watch Clerks... need I say more on that? And cartoons... well, I'll say the same thing about those.

Keep 'em coming... and read back before you post, please.
I did read the whole thread and also your comment about b&w movies.
But to my opinion these movies counts, so maybe we just have different opinions on this. They are movies, no matter if the majority of the audience doesn't watch them anymore, I do, and in my opinion this is a good runner upo for the best movie made...which was the topic of the thread.
Isn't a topic supposed to be for expressing your personal opinion...or do we all have to agree with you to be allowed to post here.
But maybe it's just me, could be.
Old 04-11-05   #127
asylumninja
Face Ninja

asylumninja is on a distinguished road
Credits: 2,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain424
I didn't really like The Matrix, but I guess that there are a lot of people who did. Donnie Darko was awesome.

Those are some good choices... care to explain why you think that they are the Best Movies Ever Made?

The Matrix - Solid characters, generally original and entertaining sci-fi plot that follows "hacking" very loosely. It had a nice amount of action blended in, good special effects and it's probably just about one of a kind, especially for when it came out. The sequels to it hardly live up to that. But the original....

Donnie Darko - The movie leaves the viewer with alot of thinking on his hands, one of those movies you can ponder while watching. You can catch new things if you go back and watch it again. Casted well, always had good "mood" with the scenes, the ending was actually kinda Dramatic with an excellent selection of music throughout. The Story was solid, but not the point where it wasn't open, although many disagree because they don't have the mental capacity to understand or fill in the little bits and peices left to the reader. While not the bar on special effects, the general movies overall quality makes up for it. Not to mention it was a low-budget film.

... the best comedy site ever. Skeptical. Well, go find out. You failure.
Old 04-11-05   #128
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eresh cloudy
Isn't a topic supposed to be for expressing your personal opinion...or do we all have to agree with you to be allowed to post here.
But maybe it's just me, could be.
GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go back and read!!!!!!!!!!!!! itz not so much personal opinion as it is pickin' a flick and seein' if it meets criteria to be honored as "best movie" by the ideas we've thought a film should meet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylumninja
The Story was solid, but not the point where it wasn't open, although many disagree because they don't have the mental capacity to understand or fill in the little bits and peices left to the reader.
really? i know i have the mental capacity to understand the story, nonetheless, i hated the ending and the "openess" it left....i just have a problem with movies that try to write their ending off by acting like they created an ending.....i mean, the movie was pretty complex, and i was extremely interested in what was happening, and i was all into it, but then BAM! the end is this!.........what kinda ending is that?! if you're gonna make an ending, make an ending.....if you want an ending to be confusing and left open, thatz fine....but don't try to make an ending that is an ending which is meant to be confusing and left opened.....but, i'm willing to overlook my personal qualm with this and just watch the movie from another stand-point........the movie is done well, does have an interesting plot, the musical score is perfect, and the acting is purdy damn good, but all in all, itz number one problem.....DREW BARRYMORE!!!!!!!! oh my god!!!! why hasn't someone killed her yet?! and fuckin' "cellar door" is the most beautiful phrase?! my ass....."cellar" yes, "door" no........
Old 04-11-05   #129
thefallenikarus
the one without wings

thefallenikarus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 7,686
I think one of the best movie ever made is Zero day that movie messed me up. It like grabs and deoans't let you go. Andi t finally came out on dvd and i am very very happy. Every one should rent it and love it.
Old 04-12-05   #130
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

*sigh*

can we just kill this thread and start a new one?
Old 04-12-05   #131
Firewall

Whats a good answer then? I mean, it isnt a personal opinion thread, so other than merely posting to bitch about other peoples answers, what is an ACTUAL reply to this thread?? Seriously?

You cant name a movie, because it gets slated and "THIS ISNT A "YOUR FAVE MOVIE" THREAD", so what do you post exactly?? Am I missing the point? Isnt this a discussion about what people think is the best movie ever made?? If so, opinions ARE going to differ.

Jeez

Old 04-12-05   #132
eresh_cloudy
Darkness Incarnate

eresh_cloudy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 24,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewall
Whats a good answer then? I mean, it isnt a personal opinion thread, so other than merely posting to bitch about other peoples answers, what is an ACTUAL reply to this thread?? Seriously?

You cant name a movie, because it gets slated and "THIS ISNT A "YOUR FAVE MOVIE" THREAD", so what do you post exactly?? Am I missing the point? Isnt this a discussion about what people think is the best movie ever made?? If so, opinions ARE going to differ.

Jeez

I agree with you...

That's not how a discussion works.
People have different tastes and different criteria concerning what is a good film or not...
If someone thinks a film is the best film ever made, it's their good right...EVEN if it wasn't a film you would have picked.
If this isn't about opinions...why is this thread full of your opinions?
I wonder...
Old 04-12-05   #133
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

oh for fuck sakes.........READ THE PREVIOUS POSTS MAN!!!!!!!!!!! you say you have, i say you didn't, because we've explained pretty clearly what the purpose of this thread was tryin' to achieve.....
Old 04-12-05   #134
Firewall

*cough*

Old 04-17-05   #135
Kain424
Death to Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylumninja
The Matrix - Solid characters, generally original and entertaining sci-fi plot that follows "hacking" very loosely. It had a nice amount of action blended in, good special effects and it's probably just about one of a kind, especially for when it came out. The sequels to it hardly live up to that. But the original....
Ah, yes. Someone must always bring up my favorite whipping boy. While I agree that The Matrix had some fairly solid characters, I am going to have to disagree with you about the originality of the picture.

The story... well, anyone who has watched sci/fi films from the 80s will recognize that the plot has taken heavily from other films. Most notably, we have the famous machines taking over in the future from The Terminator. Of all of the films featuring people being put into computer programs and whatnot (kinda like Tron), I am going to recommend that you see Virtuosity, starring Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe.

Special effects? Check out Blade and a couple other movies. Bullet time was not created for The Matrix.

Out of all of the Matrix films, I liked the third one the best. There was more action, story, and explanation in that one. The first one is not a bad films, but it's not really the BEST either.

How does one check? Well, there is only about one generation of people who like the film. When looking for the BEST film, we must find a film that appeals to across as many generations as possible. Donnie Darko, as good of a film as I think it is, falls short in this area as well. Plus, there is only a rather small, cult following of this film.

Old 04-17-05   #136
Kain424
Death to Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewall

Jeez
I'll tell you what. You guys keep posting your "opinions", and I will continue to refute them.

Old 04-17-05   #137
Styles
Reject

Styles is on a distinguished road
Credits: 3,460
Okay, I've read all the comment ye' far. I agree this thread has gone to shit and people are just posting their opinions. But, people have different opinions of "best." A film can change cinima in many ways. Also, there are always some group of people that still love that paticular film.

Now, as for my responce to the "best" film.. It is rather hard to choose. I like the black & white 1953 films "It's a Wonderful Life" and the later "Mr. Smith Goes to Washinton." I think they both changed cinima for standards and, I still love to watch both of them. I also happen to think that "Rocky Horror Picture Show" was an excelent film. It didn't start the cult film scene, but it gave it a hell of a name. I can't think of any plot holes in it because, well, it's a musical.

These are based on my opinion. Some others may agree they are great films, or maybe the best. But, the best is different in most opinions.

Old 04-17-05   #138
Kain424
Death to Hollywood

How good a film is, and its likability (therefore, its ability to be the BEST) are ways to judge if the film can be the BEST.

How much a film has changed/effected cinema are not ways to show that the film is either good OR the BEST. That simply shows that film is influential.

Star Wars and Birth of a Nation are both hugely influential and changed about EVERYTHING about film, but I will, by no means, argue either for the BEST film.