Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Mayhem
Reload this Page how much is a dislocated elbow?

Old 08-30-04   #21
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,236
i'd just be happy with a family doctor that could tend to my girls when they need it...once upon a time, we had health insurance, it was wonderful...both of my daughters had the same doctor, we had only a 15 dollar co payment, and for whatever needs we had, it was covered....it was nice, and then presidents changed, our jobs went over seas, and now...i can't even afford to make sure my daughters are healthy...

before anything can be done for help, the government has to place it's citizens first, illegal and legal aliens are practically guaranteed healthcare. then they have to change their household limits...they take into consideration only rent and utility bills...they don't consider, insurance, car payments, or any other necessary financial obligations that the working class needs to work. for all their preaching about "american family" values, perhaps they should focus more on them...

maybe a portion of the social security can be used for a medical program, i'd rather have that than discussion of putting it into some stocks...or any of the other options, that just allow them to use the money for their needs, and i really don't think will resolve any of the social security issues that elders are dealing with now, and i don't see how stocks that are as unpredictable as the government can assure anyone of future security once we're too old to work.

at least i'll have healthy children...i don't need to grow old, and hope it's there, my husband and i can take steps to do that now...my children need to grow up healthy and be successful, then they can pay for my retirement...

not power to the people, power to the children.
Old 08-30-04   #22
Synikul
fucking jackass

Synikul is on a distinguished road
Credits: 117,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyn
funny, to have a cesarean under the clinton administration, it was just a little under 3000,for everything, and that's a major surgery...however we were able to afford healthcare back than, it wasn't until after bush took office things started to go bad for us financially, became more difficult to get assistance and generally a spiral down for us poor people...it's so bad my husband has had to take to the road to make money...

in a time when they are preaching marriage for family values, to survive it there can be no traditionaly marriage, either both parents work, or one parent is gone to work...all the time.

bush cares more for his precious iraq than his fellow americans...that decision came from raising a family in his world.

you may say it's not bushes fault, but i'm seeing when this started versus when things were...nice.
Please, enlighten me. I want to understand this. First you have to believe that Bush is the kind of person who sits in the oval office saying things like "We'll pass this new bill, then the insurance rates will go up, and then all the poor people will be FUCKED! Muahahahahaha!!!!! I'm so EVIL!"

Then you have to believe that he actually DID SOMETHING to cause it. So tell me, WHAT THE HELL DID HE DO TO CAUSE THIS? Can you give me the bill that caused it? Can you point to a specific policy that caused your insurance rates to go up? It's easy to sit around and blame the president. Tell me exactly what he did that screwed you.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-04   #23
Jordyn
paraphiliac

that's the point...he's not doing anything for america!...isn't iraq asking for 3.8 billion dollars for job generation, security and health needs; how many third world countries are benefitting from the job that i lost because it's cheaper to pay them than providing health care for us...i can think of a lot of american people who could use one tenth of a billion dollars...and their jobs back. unemployment may seem to be going down, what kind of jobs are those...part time positions that don't allow people to qualify for health care...i believe it's cheaper all around for companies to have part time employees, versus full time employees...are there really more jobs, or people just given up and no longer bothering with it? it does get daunting having a country that's supposed to help "poor, huddled masses".

am i no longer foreign enough to qualify...

how much is our national debt?
Old 08-30-04   #24
Jordyn
paraphiliac

let me ask you...what's he doing for america?
Old 08-31-04   #25
Synikul
fucking jackass

Quote:
that's the point...he's not doing anything for america!...isn't iraq asking for 3.8 billion dollars for job generation, security and health needs; how many third world countries are benefitting from the job that i lost because it's cheaper to pay them than providing health care for us...i can think of a lot of american people who could use one tenth of a billion dollars...and their jobs back. unemployment may seem to be going down, what kind of jobs are those...part time positions that don't allow people to qualify for health care...i believe it's cheaper all around for companies to have part time employees, versus full time employees...are there really more jobs, or people just given up and no longer bothering with it? it does get daunting having a country that's supposed to help "poor, huddled masses".

am i no longer foreign enough to qualify...

how much is our national debt?
If you're talking about Free Trade, you're right, but again, Bush didn't do it. The World Trade Organization, and the NAFTA treaties were passed when Clinton was the president. They were passed in a bipartisan manner. Democrats and Republicans from coastal states who would directly benefit from the imports voted for it, Democrats and Republicans from the interior of the country where people would get hurt by it voted against it.

By the way, Senator Kerry voted FOR NAFTA, the WTO, and Most Favored Nation trade status for China. So if you think things will change if Bush loses, you're fooling yourself.

I'm also against free trade, thats why I voted for Buchanan in 2000, and in the Republican primaries of 1992, and 1996.

Republicans make the free trade a little better, because they don't tax the shit out of businesses, or impose harsh environmental laws. Those things are as much of an incentive for business to leave the country as cheap labor.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem to have the same opinion as me on immigration, which is another bipartisan debacle.
Old 09-03-04   #26
Jordyn
paraphiliac

still passing the blame on clinton?...the bush administration seems fond of that...the point is, he's the president now! and i'm not seeing any improvements...only a downcline. Why not get over the "it's the past's fault" and do something to make the present, and my children's future better?

i suppose it's Clinton's fault that schools have closed the last couple of years because lack of funding, this is the most divided nation ever...and all the other horrible things that america has become...how long has it been since clinton had any say in how america is run...

the government should stop passing the buck and do what they need to do, in order to make america a strong, admirable country again, the country i loved, rather than the cesspool of division, hate and discontent it's become. They need to put american families first...not foreign nations that will turn on us as soon as they are able.

another war for the next republican president?

my husband and i have to work more and make less...do we have to move to iraq to get any attention from our government?
Old 09-04-04   #27
Synikul
fucking jackass

Quote:
still passing the blame on clinton?...the bush administration seems fond of that...the point is, he's the president now! and i'm not seeing any improvements...only a downcline. Why not get over the "it's the past's fault" and do something to make the present, and my children's future better?
Bush has never blamed Clinton for anything, even when he could have.

The free trade treaties were passed when Clinton was the president, early in his term, that's a fact, too bad you can't deal with it. Bush is a free trader as well. So is Kerry. The two major parties are not going to nominate a president who doesn't agree with the free trade agenda. That's just the way it is. If you want to cast a protest vote against free trade, you have to go to Ralph Nader, or Michael Peroutka.

It scares me that you, with your complete lack of understanding, are voting. I know I'm not going to talk you into voting for Bush, I'm just trying to bring you back to reality with your expectations of a Kerry presidency. The free trade policy of America IS NOT going to be reversed by Kerry, or any other democrat or republican. Kerry is blowing smoke up your ass with all his protectionist talk. He has to if he wants to get money and votes from the unions.

Blaming Bush for bills that were passed 10 years ago is idiocy. Why don't we blame Bush for the Vietnam War? So what if Kennedy/Johnson/Nixon were the presidents then, BUSH IS THE PRESIDENT NOW.

Quote:
i suppose it's Clinton's fault that schools have closed the last couple of years because lack of funding, this is the most divided nation ever...and all the other horrible things that america has become...how long has it been since clinton had any say in how america is run...
If schools are closing near you, it's because your local gov't isn't picking up its share of the bill. Bush joined together with Ted Kennedy 2 years ago and passed the largest federal school funding increase in history. Something like 35% increase.

America is just awful, isn't it? The two of us, both on the lower end of the income scale, conversing over these frivolous desktop machines. Gosh it just sucks to be poor in America.

Quote:
the government should stop passing the buck and do what they need to do, in order to make america a strong, admirable country again, the country i loved, rather than the cesspool of division, hate and discontent it's become. They need to put american families first...not foreign nations that will turn on us as soon as they are able.
You could write speeches for Kerry. All mush, no substance.
Old 09-05-04   #28
Jordyn
paraphiliac

i'll stop being angry at him if he stops making hurricanes down here...the things some people do for attention...
Old 09-06-04   #29
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
whatever happened to the elbow?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 09-06-04   #30
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,565
It's in our asses.
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 09-06-04   #31
Jordyn
paraphiliac

it healed well, and we owe a total of nine thousand forty five dollars...and we don't qualify for any assistance...where we're to get that kind of money?

we already appealed to government agencies...we gross twenty thousand a year...that's five thousand less than last year and still too much to qualify for assistance.

once upon a time we had full time jobs with affordable insurance, i believe the people in india are enjoying that now...it's not free trade, i believe they call it out sourcing...it's supposed to be good for america...i guess it's the upper half that say that, those that complain about having to pay four thousand dollars a year in insurance for their one hundred and forty thousand dollar beach home to protect it from wind...
Old 03-22-18   #32
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Sic Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 327,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by (antihero) View Post
i think health care costs so much because the government is really a puppet institution run by an alien race, and the aliens want the human race to be extinguished, so they can pave over our planet and build an ENORMOUS shopping plaza.

Either that, or our society is completely fucking insane, and pays professional athletes tens of millions of dollars while allowing some cancer victim in Bumfuck, Idaho to die because she can't afford to live. Sick.
this guy was a smart mother fucker

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.