Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Tell me why you are voting FOR Kerry

Old 06-04-04   #1
Lawson
Darkness Incarnate

Lawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 65,081
Tell me why you are voting FOR Kerry

This is a little scientific study. Pollsters have said that few of the people who are planning to vote for Kerry can name any reason why to vote FOR him, but only list the reasons why they are voting against Bush. The pollsters said Kerry was in trouble, as he has no message, and that Dems are only Bush haters, not Kerry lovers.

So let's see if you can list any reasons, without mentioning Bush, why to vote for Kerry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-04   #2
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Location: 41:65:74:65:72:6E:75:73 => 58:65:78:71:82:89:58:00 <=
Aeternus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 112,655
Doesn't that tell you something about how people view Bush as a leader, that instead of passivly NOT voting at all, they make the effort to go vote explicitly AGAINST him? Even without any reason to vote on the person running against him?
But despite not being an US citizen, my reasons:
- Kerry: Supports abortion, whereas Bush opposes.
- Kerry: Against gay discrimination (such as blocking them in the military). Bush: In favor of this.
- Kerry: Close corporate "loopholes" Bush: ? (no information known)
- Kerry: Backs incentives to become less dependant on fossil fuels. Opposes drilling in Alaska. Bush: Supports more oil, coal, gas production. Supports drilling in Alaska.
- Kerry: Supports "Kyoto" treaty. Bush: Opposes "Kyoto" treaty.

Main source: http://www.wftv.com/politics/2653202/detail.html

... Time has no bearing...
...when the whiteout begins...

Don't come after me...

Old 06-05-04   #3
surreal

surreal is on a distinguished road
Credits: 105,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeternus
- Kerry: Against gay discrimination (such as blocking them in the military). Bush: In favor of this.
- Kerry: Backs incentives to become less dependant on fossil fuels. Opposes drilling in Alaska. Bush: Supports more oil, coal, gas production. Supports drilling in Alaska.

Main source: http://www.wftv.com/politics/2653202/detail.html
well the last half of your post i appreciated. i've been all over asking democrats and kerry supporters (aka bush haters) why they're going to go with this guy.
personally, we need to get something other than a republican or democrat in office. it's such a waste of potential. so many awesome candidates are lost by the wayside because they don't fit one of these stupid categories.
Old 06-05-04   #4
Lawson
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Doesn't that tell you something about how people view Bush as a leader, that instead of passivly NOT voting at all, they make the effort to go vote explicitly AGAINST him? Even without any reason to vote on the person running against him?
Yes, it shows that Kerry will be defeated, as few can say why they will vote for him.

Quote:
I thought Kerry was Catholic? Guess he just lies about that, huh?

Quote:
Bush has done nothing to discriminate against gays in the military. Clinton's policy is still in place.

Quote:
What "corporate loopholes"?

Quote:
In other words: Kerry is pro-terrorist oil, Bush is pro-American oil.

Quote:
Kerry voted against the Kyoto Treaty in 1995. It went down to defeat 95-0 in the Senate.

I guess that's just another of Kerry's flip flops!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-05-04   #5
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

That would require restructuring the US's political system to one of a multiparty system instead of a two party one. In Holland we have such a system, as do most of Europe's democracies. It has benefits in the form of more choice, but drawbacks in the fact that it becomes increasingly difficult to manage this form of government on a large area. That's why the EU as a political body is not really a strong one...

Nevertheless, if you ask me, I would be in favor of this restructuring.

Don't come after me...

Old 06-05-04   #6
Lawson
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
That would require restructuring the US's political system to one of a multiparty system instead of a two party one. In Holland we have such a system, as do most of Europe's democracies. It has benefits in the form of more choice, but drawbacks in the fact that it becomes increasingly difficult to manage this form of government on a large area. That's why the EU as a political body is not really a strong one...

Nevertheless, if you ask me, I would be in favor of this restructuring.

The US has a far better system than Europes, so we will just keep ours.

Old 06-05-04   #7
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawson
Yes, it shows that Kerry will be defeated, as few can say why they will vote for him.
Not really, it shows that some are as fanatically anti-Bush as you are pro-Bush: They are so fanatically against the guy that they will go for the "anything but Bush" line of reasoning. Not a very sane one, but existant nonetheless.
Quote:
I thought Kerry was Catholic? Guess he just lies about that, huh?
So the Vatican rules the US when Kerry goes to office? Is that what you propose? People -can- actually think for themselves when it comes to religion you know... (Even when the church tries to keep that at a minimum, but that's a discussion for the Religion forum).
Quote:
Bush has done nothing to discriminate against gays in the military. Clinton's policy is still in place.
He's done nothing to change the current policies. So he must be in agreement with those? To me it seems odd that you must hide your sexual preference in a "free nation" to be allowed to serve somewhere.
Quote:
What "corporate loopholes"?
Corporations bending the law a little to evade high burdens. Mostly this involves corporations doing some "creative bookkeeping", to evade taxes. Fraud, but at the border of what the law still allows.
Quote:
In other words: Kerry is pro-terrorist oil, Bush is pro-American oil.
No, Kerry is probably anti-oil altogether. There actually ARE other energy sources out there (fission-nuclear, fusion-nuclear being the most feasonable, wind and solar power are just too unreliable). The fact that America has become so oil dependant is it's greatest vulnerability, and it is not at all illogical to try and get rid of it...
Quote:
Kerry voted against the Kyoto Treaty in 1995. It went down to defeat 95-0 in the Senate.

I guess that's just another of Kerry's flip flops!
Yes, at the time both the Democratic and Republican parties opposed it. That was 9 years ago though. His vote was party policy... A policy that has now changed apparantly.
Quote:
The US has a far better system than Europes, so we will just keep ours.
'Xept for the people that want neither Kerry nor Bush... 'Xept for the people who are neither democrat nor republican. But it's a matter of perspective... Your system has worked for quite some time, I'll give it that.

Don't come after me...

Last edited by Aeternus; 06-05-04 at 17:11.
Old 06-05-04   #8
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
I will vote for the War Hero.... and a person who cares about the United States and is interested in its people and its pride.... Kerry....

Thank you....

And Aeternus answered all yoru other questions quite nicely

S.O.D.

Old 06-05-04   #9
Lawson
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade
I will vote for the War Hero.... and a person who cares about the United States and is interested in its people and its pride.... Kerry....

Thank you....

And Aeternus answered all yoru other questions quite nicely

So you can't list a reason to vote for him?

Old 06-05-04   #10
Lawson
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Not really, it shows that some are as fanatically anti-Bush as you are pro-Bush: They are so fanatically against the guy that they will go for the "anything but Bush" line of reasoning. Not a very sane one, but existant nonetheless.
That didn't work for Dole either. Hate isn't a good platform.

Quote:
So the Vatican rules the US when Kerry goes to office? Is that what you propose? People -can- actually think for themselves when it comes to religion you know... (Even when the church tries to keep that at a minimum, but that's a discussion for the Religion forum).
No, Kerry claims to be a Catholic, but then breaks the church law. He's a hypocrite, and should choose a religion that he agrees with, like Islam.

Quote:
He's done nothing to change the current policies. So he must be in agreement with those? To me it seems odd that you must hide your sexual preference in a "free nation" to be allowed to serve somewhere.
He has done nothing to hurt homos.

Quote:
Corporations bending the law a little to evade high burdens. Mostly this involves corporations doing some "creative bookkeeping", to evade taxes. Fraud, but at the border of what the law still allows.
Corporations shouldn't have to pay taxes. They employ people, who then pay taxes.

Quote:
No, Kerry is probably anti-oil altogether. There actually ARE other energy sources out there (fission-nuclear, fusion-nuclear being the most feasonable, wind and solar power are just too unreliable). The fact that America has become so oil dependant is it's greatest vulnerability, and it is not at all illogical to try and get rid of it...
That's why you should vote for Bush (If you were American) as he is pushing fuel cell cars.

Quote:
Yes, at the time both the Democratic and Republican parties opposed it. That was 9 years ago though. His vote was party policy... A policy that has now changed apparantly.
No, both parties are still against it, as it would kill our economy, and doesn't hold Russia or China to the same standards. Kerry was right back then.

Quote:
'Xept for the people that want neither Kerry nor Bush... 'Xept for the people who are neither democrat nor republican. But it's a matter of perspective... Your system has worked for quite some time, I'll give it that.
They had their chance to vote for somebody else in the primaries, and they lost. Plus there are scores of people running for President.

Old 06-05-04   #11
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Quote:
So you can't list a reason to vote for him?
I listed my reasons.... simple as they may be..... Kerry is in my opinion the better man for the job.... he has been in a war and will be a far better leader for wartime.... he understands and empathises with our vets...... he cares for the American People....

S.O.D.

Old 06-05-04   #12
Lawson
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
I listed my reasons.... simple as they may be..... Kerry is in my opinion the better man for the job.... he has been in a war and will be a far better leader for wartime.... he understands and empathises with our vets...... he cares for the American People....

He was a war criminal. He admitted it.

He called his fellow vets war criminals. They hate him.

He voted against EVERY new military defense system over the past 20 years.

He voted against providing body armor for our troops. They hate him too.

He voted to slash intelligence budgets, leading to 9-11. The intelligence people hate him.

He would be a horrible President, based on his horrible record as a Senator.

Old 06-05-04   #13
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

His record as a Senator is not so horrible at all.... he is a great Senator... and he will be an even better President..... Bush... like his father... is only going to serve one term....

S.O.D.

Old 06-05-04   #14
Lawson
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
His record as a Senator is not so horrible at all.... he is a great Senator... and he will be an even better President..... Bush... like his father... is only going to serve one term....

He has zero accomplishments as a Senator. His name has not been attached to any major legislation that has passed. He has raised taxes, cut the military and intelligence, and has the most liberal voting record of any Senator. He just hid from a vote that gave our troops $25 billion. He was too busy for them.

Can you name anything he has done?

Old 06-05-04   #15
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:

Can you name anything he has done?
Here are 57 Bills and Resolutions Kerry has directly sponsored... educate yourself

http://www.aflcio.org/issuespolitics...erry_bills.cfm

S.O.D.

Old 06-05-04   #16
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Oh specifically look at this one

""6. S.RES.324 : A resolution relating to declassification of Documents, Files, and other materials pertaining to POWs and MIAs.

Sponsor: Sen. Kerry, John F. [MA] (introduced 7/2/1992) Cosponsors: 14

Committees: Senate POW/MIA Affairs

Latest Major Action: 7/2/1992 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed to without amendment and with a preamble by Yea-Nay Vote. 96-0. Record Vote No: 144.""

S.O.D.

Old 06-05-04   #17
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

And this one---

""8. S.J.RES.318 : A joint resolution designating November 13, 1992, as "Vietnam Veterans Memorial 10th Anniversary Day".

Sponsor: Sen. Kerry, John F. [MA] (introduced 6/18/1992) Cosponsors: 57

Committees: Senate Judiciary; House Post Office and Civil Service

Latest Major Action: 10/24/1992 Became Public Law No: 102-518.
""

S.O.D.

Old 06-05-04   #18
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Oh lets not forget this one....

""9. S.J.RES.337 : A joint resolution designating September 18, 1992, as "National POW/MIA Recognition Day", and authorizing display of the National League of Families POW/MIA flag.

Sponsor: Sen. Kerry, John F. [MA] (introduced 9/15/1992) Cosponsors: 31

Committees: Senate Judiciary

Latest Major Action: 9/30/1992 Became Public Law No: 102-373.
""

S.O.D.

Old 06-05-04   #19
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

And for those who think he is kindly towards France---

"""2. S.RES.183 : A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that the action taken by the Government of France against United States seafood products is a totally unwarranted action that is having severe repercussions on United States seafood producers and, in general, the United States fishing industry.

Sponsor: Sen. Kerry, John F. [MA] (introduced 2/28/1994) Cosponsors: 7

Committees: Senate Foreign Relations

Latest Major Action: 3/8/1994 Passed/agreed to in Senate. Status: Resolution agreed to in Senate without amendment and with a preamble by Voice Vote.
"""

S.O.D.

Old 06-05-04   #20
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Anything else???

S.O.D.