Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Mayhem
Reload this Page I need opinions not advice

Old 09-13-06   #1
black moon
New Blood

Location: Oh my I just realized I am not real sure where I am.......
black moon has disabled reputation
Credits: 1,324
Serious I need opinions not advice

hello, I am here for one purpose and that is to continue my on going study of stereotypes dont yell at me please, I know that they are unstopable so please dont tell me that.
I would like to ask all of those reading this to tell me their thoughts and opinions on the one or a few of the following subjects in as much seriousness as they can

Stereotypes in general
"Possers"
"Goth"
"gangs"/"Gangsters"
"preps"
"Jocks"
"geeks"
"nerds"
and I dont have time to really list them all but you get the idea. Please help me learn about other people and other thoughts I guess in a way you could say this is my study of emotions and reactions.

Thank you to all those that help and if you have something rude to say or have a want or desire to start an argument I will not reply I am not here to argue I am here in my attempt to make peace with my self in understainding other people and emotions that I dont have the pleasure of experiencing myself
thanks

sorry for any spelling errors
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-06   #2
masochist
Still Hungry

masochist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 195,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by black moon View Post
I would like to ask all of those reading this to tell me their thoughts and opinions on the one or a few of the following subjects in as much seriousness as they can
If you are serious about this, do you have a specific question instead of asking just for "thoughts and opinions" on a range of topics...
Old 09-15-06   #3
TimD
Face in the Mist

TimD is on a distinguished road
Credits: 3,177
you forgot :

chavs

bone up on UK streetscum here : http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

I even have the book the people at the site produce! it's a party piece when people come round, gets people in a good mood as they are pissing themselves reading through it and talking about similar chavs they've seen that day.
Old 09-15-06   #4
black moon
New Blood

"chavs"? hmmm unsure of that one umm I am looking for things that people first think of when hearing words used as stereotypes and what they feel toward stereo types Very Sorry I will fix that.
Old 09-15-06   #5
black moon
New Blood

I am not familiar with this site so if I can edit my thread post please tell me how. if not oh well I dont think that this thread is going to help me at all anyway I should have spent more time writing it.......sorry for the waist of time'
Old 09-15-06   #6
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Kendra will become famous soon enough
Credits: 661,738
no their is no waste dear. your post is what it is. we used to have an edit button that was right next to the quote button. but they have taken it off. i don't think that they having to take off the edit button was such a good idea. cause we need the edit button for all various reasons. without that we are all a little screwed here.

anyway this is still your thread. you can use what you wrote from the beginning of your post. to re-write it again to have it the way you want it. that is no big deal at all. you can still make something out of your post. even though you think it's useless. when it's not...

nevermind i found the edit button.... what do you know. they put it back and it's right before the quote button...well it wasn't there before so...
Old 09-15-06   #7
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

*giggles at my reaction cause my reaction was funny*
Old 09-15-06   #8
InKY
SchmInKY

InKY is on a distinguished road
Credits: 34,022
Quote:
"Possers"
"Goth"
"gangs"/"Gangsters"
"preps"
"Jocks"
"geeks"
"nerds"
my opinions:

"Possers"[sic]- crave attention to an embarrassing degree, usually go overboard attempting to imitate a particular subculture in order to be accepted by its members

Goth- consistently choose to acknowledge the negative aspects of life, often expressing it in dress, art/craft

gangsters- take a defensive approach to group mentality, choose to express the depth of their cohesion by acting agressively toward other groups

preps- haven't heard this term outside of teen TV shows

jocks- the kind of people that belong shopping in the Gap/Abercrombie & Fitch/etc. (along with the preps)

geeks & nerds- I thnk these terms are no longer derogatory b/c of their association with successful computer industry professionals. "Losers" and "freaks" though, while they may be intelligent, are undersocialized (poor hygiene, lack of conversational skills) and awkward to interact with, making it easier to disconnect from them by calling them by hurtful names.
Old 09-16-06   #9
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

i'm going to make one small suggestion. you might want to ask a moderator if they can remove this thread to a debate and discussion section.. or perhaps maybe philosophy cause you put this in the bitch forum and it's not moderated in here. plus not a lot of people would take you that seriously within this section because of what it is. i thought i should save you before you get your head chopped off by others. though i didn't mean for that last line to sound the way that it did. i'm only trying to help you before it gets started.
Old 09-16-06   #10
black moon
New Blood

Sorry, I was not sure exactly where to put it and usually people "fuss" about stereotypes if you understaind and thanks InKY for you post its one more added to my list..any one else?

WHY is it that some of the threads/posts have edit and others dont?
Old 09-16-06   #11
~G~
Cosmic Fire Dancer.

~G~ is on a distinguished road
Credits: 93,948
*reads original post*
I'm more intrigued by the fact that you say that you can't experience emotions. How did that happen?
Old 09-16-06   #12
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Sorry, I was not sure exactly where to put it and usually people "fuss" about stereotypes if you understaind and thanks InKY for you post its one more added to my list..any one else?

WHY is it that some of the threads/posts have edit and others dont?
no need to apologize. i was only helping you. i thought you should know before hand. incase stuff like that does happen. cause people will get fussy. not about your topic. but with you in general is mainly what i am meaning. since this is the bitch board. in the bitch board. you basically bitch. so don't get upset with me on that. but with this being here. it's not going to get as serious the way that you want it to be. this is as serious as it's going to get.

as far as that last question goes. i have no idea. i wish they would leave the edit button alone.
Old 09-16-06   #13
sixxx(sic)six
satanic teddybear

Location: Under your bed with a very sharp knife...and nekkid!
sixxx(sic)six is on a distinguished road
Credits: 395,024
Please don't move this to the philosophy section...thank you.
Old 09-17-06   #14
Kendra
Darkness Incarnate

well where would there be a perfect place for her to move it? anything would be better instead of the bitch board.
Old 09-17-06   #15
black moon
New Blood

ummm Blood and Fire you said that I said I cant feel emotions I did not say I could not feel emotions I said That I did not have the pleasure of feeling all the emotions that some people get to feel through different situations (the situation being Stereotypes) I dont know how it feel to be called a Prep because I look nothing like a prep.
Old 09-18-06   #16
InKY
SchmInKY

InKY is on a distinguished road
Credits: 34,022
I think you can only edit your last post.
Old 09-22-06   #17
Boomerang
Saint Aelphaba

Location: where muffled laughter drowns out the sound of fury
Boomerang is on a distinguished road
Credits: 42,389
I'm a poser.

Yep, poser-iffic. Poser-tastically awesome.

I'm posing right now... see? MAGNUM!
Old 09-22-06   #18
Jobe

Bah, that be Blue Steel at best...
Old 09-26-06   #19
Nelg
broken insanity

Nelg is on a distinguished road
Credits: 4,253
"Possers"- really very simply put... crave attention, nothing bad about that, better then killing babies and eating the heads off of kittens... unless thats what their posing

"Goth" you know I don't know anything about goths... I don't care to know anything either they enjoy doing what ever they do and thats cool with me.

"gangs"/"Gangsters" caught up in the image of quick power, funny people at time's, but very prideful. Still cool people to be around.

"preps" 'omfg my clothes aren't straight' 'I broke a nail' 'oh god look a hair out of place' is more ocd then prep stereotype as most people would label them. I find nothing wrong with wanting to look nice and be presentable to the mainstream of society. Even if I prefer to dress like a slob.

"Jocks" lol this one is great, a comon saying among my friends at school was 'all jocks are jerks' funny thing is, is alot of them just like doing a sport, no different then me playing my games. Their just more popular for it, still the same as me though.

"geeks" "nerds" heh I've been called this alot, I'm not smart enough to be a geek, and I'm too lazy to be a nerd. people called this just excel at computers, they understand them. hey I tend to agree, I think I understand my pc more then my family untill a GPF.

hmm you know what going through this list of comon stereotypes no one fits just one stereotype I guess thats why I don't judge people

in example: some times I enjoy looking nice, maybe for a day or a couple of days, that would make me a prep.

yet I also like to Run track and work out to keep myself somewhat in shape, this lables me as a jock

of course I'm obsessed with computers, and anyone who can talk nerdy around me, even if I can't understand it. this classifies me as a nerd and a poser.

I guess I just don't really understand stereotyping. Though I do hope this helps you.
Old 09-26-06   #20
Pyrric Dicktory
fuck off

Pyrric Dicktory is on a distinguished road
Credits: 86,393
Quote:
hello, I am here for one purpose and that is to continue my on going study of stereotypes dont yell at me please, I know that they are unstopable so please dont tell me that.

Stereotypes in general
"Possers"
"Goth"
"gangs"/"Gangsters"
"preps"
"Jocks"
"geeks"
"nerds"
they all fucking suck, every last one of them sucks and you suck too. ill give you 3 million dollars to kill yourself, of course after you do the job.

JUST ME AND YOU FOREVER.............................