Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Pathetic? Surely....

Old 08-28-02   #21
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,900
I wish nobody felt that they had a real "job" to do at darkforum.com. This ain't an office building. Have some goddamn fun.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-02   #22
SSJAoshi
my avys bigger than yours

Location: the wonderful word of hentai. oh how beutiful it is!
SSJAoshi is on a distinguished road
Credits: 50,758
what?
"Errr...ok?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-28-02   #23
BeautysDemise
Masochistic Failure

BeautysDemise is on a distinguished road
Credits: 110,246
Stop it. You are ruining other people's posts now.

Just Another Girl Who Wants to Rule the World.
Old 08-28-02   #24
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 656,423
Quote:
Originally posted by waterbearer
It isn't that easy for ops in the chat room to put someone on ignore, see the reason you're an op in the chat room is to watch and deal with the petty as well as bigger bullshit, if you start ignoring people, then you don't see it, therefore can't deal with it, therefore, why would you be an op?

And as much as I understand what some people say about how they dislike the ops in there, we are there for a reason, and we do try our best (well most of us anyway).

*shrugs* take it for what it's worth, you don't have to agree...
I never said anything about ignoring anyone, first of all. Second of all, I wasn't even talking to or about this op. I had so many windows up that I got my boxes confused and made a comment to another mirc buddy about ubergawths humping. But Lord Goth decided to start flaming about whiny little bitches, in which case I defended myself against his unwarranted attacks. If he was actually worth something, he might have asked if I was even speaking to him before personally attacking my statement.

But no. His solution was to ban... because I'm smarter than him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-28-02   #25
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
Originally posted by Clearwitch

However, spamming, repeated unprovoked insults, entering and leaving a zillion times a minute, stuff like that, gives you a warning and then a boot in the ass if the warning(s) doesn't help. I rarely ban people...but then again, they usually behave when I'm there.
Just to clarify... I didn't get a warning. And I wasn't talking to Laz anyway.

And another point... you cannot have Skorpion. He's mine and we're getting married. But you can come to the wedding.

Old 08-28-02   #26
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
Originally posted by Aeternus
Instead of flaming the mods there, please insert a few chatlogs on what happened. Perhaps the mod who issued the ban can then clarify why the ban was placed. Ranting without any real topic won't really help.
I don't even know what a chat log is. And I KNOW why the ban was placed. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm simply smarter than Lord Lazarus.

Old 08-28-02   #27
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

I'm seriously pissed about this. Especially since I didn't do anything.

Old 08-28-02   #28
waterRTBH
Darkness Incarnate

waterRTBH is on a distinguished road
Credits: 277,157
Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Lady

I never said anything about ignoring anyone, first of all. Second of all, I wasn't even talking to or about this op. I had so many windows up that I got my boxes confused and made a comment to another mirc buddy about ubergawths humping. But Lord Goth decided to start flaming about whiny little bitches, in which case I defended myself against his unwarranted attacks. If he was actually worth something, he might have asked if I was even speaking to him before personally attacking my statement.

But no. His solution was to ban... because I'm smarter than him.
I'm sorry - I thought you were addressing all ops in the chat room, I really don't know what the issue is, and I don't pretend to know... I was just giving my point on a thread you posted, as a chat op.

*no hard feelings, I hope*

Old 08-28-02   #29
waterRTBH
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally posted by KujoCrazy

there for a reason? yes to jerk each other off and to play each others egos.. its just bad taste when i go into a chate and theres more Ops than actual chatters.

you do your best for who? i notice you do your best for you. Thats clear and certain so get off your high horses you guy ruin the feckin chat with your BS. just like you helped to Ruin DF but luckily especially you Water youre not a super mod anymore Oh wait isnt that what got me permanatly banned from the chat? For saying that? OOOPPS!

PS your a fuckin nazi.
*sighs* yes, I know exactly how you feel about me, as does the rest of the entire board who have read your numerous posts about how horrible I am. I did not ban you from chat, I did not intend to ban you from chat, all I did was give you an explanation as to why you shouldn't do what you were doing in there. However, you as always took it personal coming from me, which it was not.

Now, you can continue your hatred of me all you like, to tell the truth, I am rather enjoying it...

Old 08-28-02   #30
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:

I'm sorry - I thought you were addressing all ops in the chat room, I really don't know what the issue is, and I don't pretend to know... I was just giving my point on a thread you posted, as a chat op.

*no hard feelings, I hope*
Then perhaps next time you should more carefully read the post before deciding to reply.

Old 08-28-02   #31
Aeternus
-= Grey CyberAngel =-

Location: 41:65:74:65:72:6E:75:73 => 58:65:78:71:82:89:58:00 <=
Aeternus is on a distinguished road
Credits: 112,655
Quote:
Originally posted by XBeautysDemiseX
I don't think she was talking about you Aet.
She was talking about ops and mods in general. I am one. Therefor I feel adressed.
Quote:
Originally posted by SSJAoshi
geez.... what the hell for aet? i mean.... is it something to read when you get bored or just a waste of space?
Future reference. Or something to read back when I retire.

And a few notes in general. Regarding this topic:
Keep personal flames out of this. Understand? If you have issues with a person, moderator or not, we have a thing called "Private Message" for that. And if you can't resolve the matter with the person, message either Lazarus for the IRC channel moderation issues, and Gargoyle for DF moderation issues.

Regarding moderation in IRC:
Basically, if you behave like a total asshole, I will kick/ban without a warning. Else I'll politely ask you to stop. But if I ask one to cease annoying behaviour and get "Bite me" as a response, do not be surprised that you are removed from the chat. A little bit of RESPECT from and for mods is what is lacking in all this...

Mods are not gods, and do not behave like such. But they are not pisspoles either. And will not stand for being treated as such.

And now my rant is over. -= Sev out =-

... Time has no bearing...
...when the whiteout begins...

Don't come after me...

Old 08-28-02   #32
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

I still don't think you're getting the point, Aet honey. The point is... this op banned me without first even finding out if I was addressing him. As I said: I got my windows mixed up and typed in the wrong box. Mirc rooms all look the same. THAT was the point. Banning without any backing whatsoever. Banning instead of standing up for yourself. Banning without first even finding out if it's warranted.

And there were no personal flames. I didn't even mention his name.

Old 08-28-02   #33
BeautysDemise
Masochistic Failure

Quote:

She was talking about ops and mods in general. I am one. Therefore , I feel adressed.

Mods are not gods, and do not behave like such. But they are not pisspoles either. And will not stand for being treated as such.
Don't get upset. I just thought your feathers were ruffled because you take everything so seriously. I was saving her the time of having to explain it again.

Also, why is it that you speak for everyone. Do they not have their own opinion on the matter? I saw Water-babes posted her feelings on the subject. Now you have come to speak for the rest? I don't get it. Should I be the public address person for the rest of the peons?

PS- It's not a real job, you know. WL and I were mods and we never once took it this seriously. Before you ask, I was removed because I lost computer access and the same with her.

Old 08-28-02   #34
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Now, now. We all know I was removed because Sire thinks I'm a slut.

*sigh* Memories. I used to be quite the powerful mod....

Old 08-28-02   #35
waterRTBH
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally posted by Wicked Lady

Then perhaps next time you should more carefully read the post before deciding to reply.
This is wht you said to me when I said I thought you were addressing the ops in general.

and

Your original post - the one to which I replied:

Quote:
I find it oddly amusing that those in a position of power use the ban button in place of a lively response. Are the mods incapable of debate? Not so much in the forums... More the little people in the chat room so many of you frequent. It seems it is much easier to simply block the user. And it's certainly much tidier than being proven wrong...
where was I supposed to see that you targeted a specific person?

Old 08-28-02   #36
KujoCrazy
Embracer Of The Dark

KujoCrazy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,110
Quote:

She was talking about ops and mods in general. I am one. Therefor I feel adressed.

Future reference. Or something to read back when I retire.

And a few notes in general. Regarding this topic:
Keep personal flames out of this. Understand? If you have issues with a person, moderator or not, we have a thing called "Private Message" for that. And if you can't resolve the matter with the person, message either Lazarus for the IRC channel moderation issues, and Gargoyle for DF moderation issues.

Regarding moderation in IRC:
Basically, if you behave like a total asshole, I will kick/ban without a warning. Else I'll politely ask you to stop. But if I ask one to cease annoying behaviour and get "Bite me" as a response, do not be surprised that you are removed from the chat. A little bit of RESPECT from and for mods is what is lacking in all this...

And now my rant is over. -= Sev out =-
you silly base head.. so basically what the chat is for is not actual discussion but for everyone to sit there silent and or cyber? YAY horray for Aet the base head he knows what lifes all about!!!!
Old 08-28-02   #37
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Quote:
where was I supposed to see that you targeted a specific person?
It's quite simple really. Did you ban me from chat? No. Does that mean this statement applies to you? No. Should you stop psychoanalyzing me to (antihero)? Yes.

That last one was on a completely different subject. But I have attention problems.

Old 08-28-02   #38
KujoCrazy
Embracer Of The Dark

KujoCrazy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,110
And to answer your question Wicked Lady the Channel OP are even worse in the chat than they are than the mods here because they can get away with more there.... they know you wont make a log... especially sicne you cant once they ban your ass... so its always thier fruity words agaisnt yours.. thats why they all jerk each other off in there so frivilously... they know they need to rely on thier school yard bully friends.. its truly pathetic.
Old 08-28-02   #39
BeautysDemise
Masochistic Failure

Damn. I want to be able to jerk people off friviously. Should I apply for a job at Wal Mart?

Old 08-28-02   #40
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Jerking off is more of a K-Mart thing.