Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page ATTN Roleplayers!!!
View Poll Results: What do you think? (Read the post before voting)
Yay -- I think it sounds like a lot of fun! 15 83.33%
Nay -- I think it would suck. 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-03   #1
Sin
Darkness Incarnate

Sin will become famous soon enough
Credits: 84,824
ATTN Roleplayers!!!

Okay...

So we all are pretty much agreed that the Roleplay forum needs some kinda serious work to get interest / traffic and stuff back up again.

Marius had an idea of "World RP" also in the suggestions thread that I started up, there seems to be a general consensus for either the "World" Rp or else like "period rp"

So.... here's my idea. When a user first clicks on "Roleplay" --rather than being brought into an area where there's Character Descrips, OOC, and then everything else in a jumble, all they would see is subforums.

Character Descriptions
OOC Chat and Announcements
------(space)------
Threshhold of Eternity (Subforum 1 where only Gods could play. This would enable roleplayers to have God characters, threads would be based in an "otherworldly" type setting which means that anything that isn't really a "god" wouldn't exactly be able to reach it... Since they'd all be "gods" anyways, that would balance them all out and make them equals so you wouldn't have the Gods mixing with the Mortals disbalancement)

Eternal Night (Subforum 2 where there is no "daylight" that occurs, mainly focused on vampiric/demonic roleplay... this would keep it "clean" so to speak from having aliens popping up and giant bugs and robots and things... I mention that because those were some issues we had in the TdV for a while... mortals could venture here but they should be prepared to be eaten / turned etc... )

The Misty Mountains (Subforum 3 which is focused on purely "fantasy" type roleplay, Unicorns, Pixies, Mages, Fairies, Trolls, Gnomes, Dragons, Orcs, Elves, Dwarfs, etc etc...)

Memoirs of The Past (Subforum 4 and the first of what I guess would be the "worldly" rp's... threads listed could be for historical towns and the characters within. Obviously aliens or space age characters would not fit in here..)

Beyond Tomorrow (Subforum 5 --the last that I can think up right now, it would be for present day "worldly" towns and cities, could also go forward and have space age rp threads and characters...no character limitations here at all.)

-------------------------------

The "names" of the subforums listed are by no means necessarily what would be used, so any ideas for what else could be used that sounds catchy, inviting, and appeals to potential rp'ers are more than welcome.

The "Main" area would simply "not be" save for the Roleplay Guidelines so that they were easily accessible. Perhaps put them at the very top or even better if there was someway that the post could be "open" with the subforums listed, though now I'm getting fancy. lol

What do you think? Vote and please reply.

Last edited by Sin; 09-06-03 at 08:15.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-03   #2
Tetranity
New Blood

Tetranity is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,522
That sounds quite good.
The present set-up IS kind of disorientating as a new player.
Old 09-07-03   #3
Sin
Darkness Incarnate

Thanks for the input.

Any ideas as to what the subforum names could be?
Any suggestions / ideas are more than welcome. *smiles*
Old 09-07-03   #4
Sin
Darkness Incarnate

Threshhold of Eternity -- God-Mode Roleplay
Night Eternal -- Vampire / Demonic Roleplay
Elysium -- Fantasy World Roleplay
Memoirs Of The Past -- Historical Roleplay
Visions of Today -- Present day / Sci-Fi Roleplay

Ideas of the types of various subforums we could have and their names, contributed by Dyshade.

Please, any further suggestions are definately more than welcome. We have one week before the changes will be made, so get your ideas in now!
Old 09-07-03   #5
BeautysDemise
Masochistic Failure

BeautysDemise is on a distinguished road
Credits: 110,246
Sini-babe, I like the names you have thought up.

I would like to see more organization here, personally. Then I would feel better about participating. Especially if I knew you would be here...

Just Another Girl Who Wants to Rule the World.
Old 09-07-03   #6
DRAGON MASTER
Ace Of Spades

DRAGON MASTER is on a distinguished road
Credits: 91,451
Well well well so these were just some of the plans that were in mind for the Rp boards.

Personaly as much as I like the Rp boards the way they are mainly because they have always been like this, I do feel that these changes would be very good.
Changing the boards to the way you perpose would allow one person to rp in many different ways which would allow them to have more then one character if they so wished to. Ethier that or depending on the person they could have one character and fit it in into the other sub forums.

well anyway I say that go for it, the names for the subforums sound fine and if anything I bet they could be changed very easily.
I also doubt any of the regulars will be bitching about the changes because they have seemed to have disapeared recently, Going to school must be a bitch I am so glad that I have graduated 4yrs ago and I never for the rest of my life will I ever have to return to a school
Old 09-15-03   #7
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

Sixgun_Symphony is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 280,566
Question,

What about cross genre RPG's like Deadlands?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-16-03   #8
Sin
Darkness Incarnate

So I'm looking at the site and having to really go exclusively by the top picture..

Are you meaning like men fighting monsters?

It certainly is welcome, just make sure that even though none of it is "real" per say, that you do keep a touch of "realism" to the writing just to prevent godmoding.

Probably the only forum where "Godmoding" would be "acceptable" is going to be in Theshhold, and that's not really going to classify as godmoding since it'll all be Gods and Goddesses up there... if per chance you do wish to take the life of your character into there just know that it could die, and not through the usual struggle method it would in any of the other forums.

I guess what I can do is set up a poll regarding the cross genre rp... I don't see any problems with it but maybe not everybody would want a monster character leaping into their 1800's storyline.

Subforum's should be up tonight, and voting for their naming will be held in the OOC chat forum.
Old 07-31-04   #9
silvephantom
New Blood

silvephantom is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,132
Genius ...

The stench of death fills the air...I think It's Bob