Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Resident Evil 4

Old 05-08-05   #1
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Nox noctis Umbra is on a distinguished road
Credits: 96,132
Resident Evil 4

O.k. technically the 6th installment in the main Resident Evil games, R.E. 4 takes a step in a new direction, with an all new fixed camera, new targeting system, the new action buttons, and a new weapons upgrade system. The story takes place in Europe, presumably Spain since the bad guys either speak spanish or have spanish accents. The story goes like this: After the Racoon City incident, the Feds went after the Umbrella Corp. taking heavy sanctions againt it, and effectively shutting the company down, it has been 6 years since Raccoon City, and Leon has gone to work as a special secret service agent, assigned with the task of protecting the presidents daughter. One his first day, she gets kidnapped. Well the government keeps a tight lid on things to find out who is responsible, and manages to track her to a small village in Europe. They send Leon to retrieve her, unharmed. However all is not right in that village. The seemingly normal residents act oddly, with murderous tendencies. We soon find out that there is something very sinister at work here, but who is it. The game takes sort of a step away from its survival horror roots, and is now transitioning into a suspense type game, though there are moments that do capture the true R.E. spirit. Right now as almost every knows it is out exclusively for the GC, however later this year, due to the high sales count, Capcom will be releasing it for the PS2. So all you who have those, and not the GC, fear not.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-05   #2
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,900
Great game; bought it off my friend for $20, cuz it was pissing him off. I will say that it can be VERY frustrating, since Leon can't do simple things like strafe or aim while moving. Once you get used to it, though, everything's just fine. Definitely worth the money.
Old 05-08-05   #3
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Shit, you don't have to worry about a damn thing if you have a fully upgraded stryker... it will do just fine till you can get the Chicago Typewritter, or the handcannon
Old 05-09-05   #4
Madpoet
Idiot Savant

Madpoet
Credits: 22,109
Frustrating? dude, that game is a breeze, even in pro mode. RE4 is fun.

Only problem is: why tease us with Wesker?! he should be in it more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-09-05   #5
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

Oh I think He will be a main if not the Main bad guy in the next one, I think the premise is going to be either will be someone from 1 or 2 trying to stop Umbrella's Resurrection by Wesker
Old 05-09-05   #6
Madpoet
Idiot Savant

Madpoet
That's what the ending of 'code: veronica' suggested, too. They better start making it soon, and hopefully he'll get better lines lol

Old 05-09-05   #7
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

If you ask me, I think Capcom has been planning this since the ending of 2/3. Which means they have had a really long time to work on it, even if they have been planning it only since Code Veronica
Old 05-10-05   #8
Madpoet
Idiot Savant

Madpoet
If 'Wesker's Report' has any validity to future plot, then it makes sense. If that's the case, that's a whole lot of preparation for one character. RE4 doesn't really have much of a storyline that adds to the overall plot (unless i'm a blind idiot). Ada was too vague, Wesker had little to say. What accent is he supposed to have, anyway? It's cool as hell. His voice actor is canadian, though i don't know if it's the actor's real accent.

Old 05-10-05   #9
Nox noctis Umbra
Proud papa

It sounded mildly germanic to me. And if the next Resident Evil game does deal with that, then 4 is a setup game, and the certain elements of 4's plotline will play into the next game