Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Question...

Old 06-16-02   #1
icy
Classy Lassy

icy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 73,289
Question...

I don't believe in one exact religion I believe in two religions for different things...how will that work? I can't confine myself to either or religion I need both to make my beliefs...how is this going to affect me? Sometimes I get so lost...
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-02   #2
Vallisk
ManBat

Vallisk is on a distinguished road
Credits: 47,241
Re: Question...

Quote:
Originally posted by icy
I don't believe in one exact religion I believe in two religions for different things...how will that work? I can't confine myself to either or religion I need both to make my beliefs...how is this going to affect me? Sometimes I get so lost...
Perhaps you could elaborate, so those reading this can get a clearer picture of what your question concerns?

Before i know more, i can only say that conflict is not always a bad thing. You might find that your beliefs become more defined and stronger, when you examine the differences and reasons for them. For example, i had a number of conflicting beliefs, which eventually resolved into a more comfortable and rewarding whole.

I identify with the message in the Bible, but do not believe it is entirely true. I believe there was a figure called Jesus, but not that he was divine. I do not believe in the God of the Old Testament, or of the New Testament. Yet i believe in a 'Higher Power'.
Old 06-16-02   #3
icy
Classy Lassy

well I believe in god the almighty from christianity the religion I was raised on but yet I know there is a female counter part who is just as important and its not mary who's just the bearer of god. I believe in all the nature and life beliefs from wiccan but I also believe in the trinity. I've mixed the two religions to form what I think is my ideal religion but I don't think thats possible...
Old 06-16-02   #4
Vallisk
ManBat

Vallisk is on a distinguished road
Credits: 47,241
Quote:
Originally posted by icy
well I believe in god the almighty from christianity the religion I was raised on but yet I know there is a female counter part who is just as important and its not mary who's just the bearer of god. I believe in all the nature and life beliefs from wiccan but I also believe in the trinity. I've mixed the two religions to form what I think is my ideal religion but I don't think thats possible...
I think it is possible. In fact, i think it is what everyone who wants Religion in their lives, should do.

God is larger than human definitions. Being both Male and Female, whilst being neither. If you consider God as the Creator, then a respect for nature and life follow on from this. Religions are meant to guide you towards understanding and appreciation of the World around you. So, i would say you have the right idea.
Old 06-16-02   #5
Heathen
Still The Last

Heathen is on a distinguished road
Credits: 52,529
Simple answer for this one, you're going to hell.
Old 06-16-02   #6
mightydreamer
Modern Day Tom Sawyer

mightydreamer will become famous soon enough
Credits: 688,867
Re: Question...

Quote:
Originally posted by icy

Dig deeper, research within and note evidence as they will be made apparant to U, this is not a short trip, a giant journey so don't expect any less, yet know the answers are all only within U and the key is inside Ure soul, in dept of emotions and an ancient memories compiled by you through-out the years, yet their secrets dormant they await only time to set them free. "The world is full of kings and queens who'll blind Ure eyes and steal Ure dreams" remember that

good luck and enjoy
Me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"...he came out of nowhere, always a friend of the victim at the slaughter of the innocents."
Old 06-16-02   #7
Sire
Darkness Incarnate

Sire is on a distinguished road
Credits: 90,618
still sounds wiccan to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

|
|
|

Old 06-16-02   #8
icy
Classy Lassy

Thank you all for your help

(Thanx sire for your enlightenment :p)
Old 06-16-02   #9
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
Early jews(right?) belived God had a female counterpart, says so somewhere in this board.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 06-16-02   #10
AAAAA

Quote:
Well I believe in god the almighty from christianity the religion I was raised on but yet I know there is a female counter part who is just as important.
Well, Hinduism's main God figure - Brahman, "the supreme reality" (kinda like Buddha-God, because when Hindus are enlightened they become one with Brahman), is male and female, and has aspects in both forms. The female part, Shakti, is the pure form of energy in which Brahman exists, kinda like "darkness" (or "nothingness") in which light exists, neh? That's the closest thing I can think of, anyway.
Old 06-16-02   #11
icy
Classy Lassy

I could neve be jewish from what I've learnt they believe in the sacrificing of animals which I'm totally against being a vegetarian and all....
Old 06-16-02   #12
Oblivion
....Cuddle this....

Oblivion is on a distinguished road
Credits: 29,370
the simple and short of this is this....religions are mainly guidelines they allow you to see a path to follow to what ever that religions final destination is.... faith on the other hand is something completly diffrent faith is what is in your soul and heart and that is what the deities judge you by...

Alone together. It was all two people could ever be to each other, Alone. Together. For the dreams and secrets of our hearts may be spoken, but words are poor handmaidens. Wordes can never fully say what we want them to say, for they fumble, stammer, and break the best porcelain. The best one can hope for is to find along the way someone to share the path, content to walk in silence, for the heart communes best when it does not try to speak...
from the book "Dragons of a Lost Star