Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page People in UK actually upset over restrictions on their gun rights!

Old 01-20-03   #41
SirVLCIV
Lusus Naturæ

SirVLCIV
Credits: 202,919
Quote:
Originally posted by Sixgun_Symphony
Here are some true stories where tradgedy was averted by an armed citizen.

A 78-year-old Franklin, Ind., woman was rudely awakened at 1 o’clock one morning by a loud banging sound at the back of her house. When she discovered a man kicking in the wall next to her back door, she picked up her .25-cal. handgun and dialed 9-1-1. While she was on the phone with police, the would-be intruder kicked a large hole in her wall and tried to push his way into the house. The resident ordered him to stop and, when he did not cooperate, she fired a shot at him. The man backed out of the hole and was met by police, reported Officer John Moore. (Indianapolis Star, Indianapolis, Ind., 10/24/01)

An elderly man shot an intruder after the man forced his way into a house and assaulted the homeowner and his wife. The couple had heard noises from the back of their house, then they saw a stranger walking from the back yard to the front yard. When they went to their front door to see what was going on, the stranger forced his way into the home and a brief struggle ensued, with the intruder pushing and grabbing at the homeowners. When the interloper then bolted toward the back of the house, the homeowner grabbed his gun from a bedroom and shot his attacker when he again tried to assault him. (The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C., 10/7/01)

A New Orleans couple was awakened by the sounds of a man breaking into their second-story French Quarter apartment early one morning and soon found themselves in a fight for their lives. The intruder, apparently intent on harming the female resident, had placed his hand over the screaming woman's mouth in an attempt to silence her and then began punching her. When the ruckus brought the woman's husband to her rescue with his revolver, the scenario spelled doom for the home invader. The resident's several shots proved fatal to the brazen criminal. (The Daily Advertiser, Lafayette, LA, 12/25/00)

When a masked, gun-wielding man entered a Bryan, Texas, grocery store and demanded money, the owner's first thought was that it was a practical joke. But as the grocer realized the gunman was serious, he leveled his .30-30 rifle at the would-be robber. The man fled with the grocer's wife on his heels. Within 15 minutes, a swarm of police officers located and arrested a suspect matching the description of the desperate man. (Bryan-College Station Eagle, Bryan, TX, 3/3/01)

You can access more by *clicking here*

Anybody have stories of family members killing each other on accident? I'm too lazy. .

"Move that one of your pieces, which is in the worst plight, unless you can satisfy yourself that you can derive immediate advantage by an attack." -Adolph Anderssen
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-03   #42
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,473
Quote:
Originally posted by SirVLCIV
Anybody have stories of family members killing each other on accident? I'm too lazy. .
Actually if an individual is well trained in the use of weapons and knows all the safety aspects there are no such things as accidents...... instead of labeling it an accident i would call it a more fitting thing... such as lack of common sense.... or lack of training....

I grew up with guns lying around my home freely available to use.... yet I knew better even at 4 years old to not touch them unless I was given permission.... I also knew how to handle them when I was allowed too.... education is the key to preventing loss of life through uneducated individuals playing with something they do not know how to operate.... do we blame the forklift or the child operating it if it were to run over and kill another person???? we of course blame the child.... he decided to get on the forklift and attempt to operate it.... knowing full well he did not have the faintest idea of how to go about doing so....

Proper respect and education are the only things that will ever lessen the amount of deaths....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-20-03   #43
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 419,031
Quote:
Originally posted by Dyshade
Actually if an individual is well trained in the use of weapons and knows all the safety aspects there are no such things as accidents...... instead of labeling it an accident i would call it a more fitting thing... such as lack of common sense.... or lack of training....

I grew up with guns lying around my home freely available to use.... yet I knew better even at 4 years old to not touch them unless I was given permission.... I also knew how to handle them when I was allowed too.... education is the key to preventing loss of life through uneducated individuals playing with something they do not know how to operate.... do we blame the forklift or the child operating it if it were to run over and kill another person???? we of course blame the child.... he decided to get on the forklift and attempt to operate it.... knowing full well he did not have the faintest idea of how to go about doing so....

Proper respect and education are the only things that will ever lessen the amount of deaths....
guns laying around freely???

that sounds extreamily reckless and un-trained... i am not about banning guns but if i had a house and a few kids and a gun, you can bet the gun would be in a safe that me or my wife knew the combo, or it would be in a locked area where the kids cannot get access to it. Even well trained kids will try to act cool in front of thier friends and show them daddys gun, thats when the accidents happen. trained or not.
Old 01-20-03   #44
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,473
freely in that they were there to be had if needed.... unloaded..... with ammo nearby.... discreet of course.... you misinterpret my meaning of freely....

S.O.D.

Old 01-21-03   #45
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 419,031
Quote:
Originally posted by Dyshade
freely in that they were there to be had if needed.... unloaded..... with ammo nearby.... discreet of course.... you misinterpret my meaning of freely....
when i heard freely i thought of a lot of incidents where i walked into a friends home and a 9 was laying on a table top or shelf, and a loaded shotgun in the closet.
Old 01-21-03   #46
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

Sixgun_Symphony is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 280,566
Billy the Kidd,

If they're friends of yours then they probably have a few kilo's of dope near that 9mm piece.