Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Have you turned your back on God?

Old 08-21-02   #1541
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
Quote:
Originally posted by Dyshade
Oh... i did not notice that... lol.... yeah though.... urrrrmmm... where was I...
discussing how wonderfully delightful I am?
Old 08-21-02   #1542
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,453
Oh yeah.... ummm... i would try to continue but the english language just could do your magnificence no justice.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-02   #1543
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
I think "nice rack" works well.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
Old 08-21-02   #1544
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
There is a God!! and God goes by the name of Gargoyle!!!!!!!!
I am returned to the land of non-limbo due to gods kind work..
*bows to my new god*
All HAIL Garg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}
Old 08-22-02   #1545
Jordyn
paraphiliac

nice rack red?

Old 08-22-02   #1546
TheLight
Darkness Incarnate

TheLight
Credits: 49,758
Quote:
Originally posted by waterbearer

*collapses in a hysterical fit of laughter*

I prayed to the WRONG Christian God????

Oh, holy shit *holds her sides* You DIDN'T REALLY SAY THAT DID YOU?

Oh Hell, thank God the world isn't filled with people like you - or I would have to become a serial killer....

I WAS A BAPTIST YOU DUMBASS... I PRAYED TO SAM'S GOD - AND PROBABLY YOUR OWN TOO - IN THE SAME MANNER YOU WOULD HAVE. IT WAS THE ONLY CHURCH AROUND, and I was quite involved in it. I BELIEVED... enough to abandon most of what I had to prove it to God and myself.

Piss-off you peice of shit.
Ok you got the right God.

But that post also contained "it also matters HOW YOU PRAY".
Tell me how you prayed, and what you prayed for.
For nothing is hidden, except to revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light. Mark 4:21+24
Old 08-22-02   #1547
TheLight
Darkness Incarnate

TheLight
Credits: 49,758
One more thing, please put your little rolling the eyes faces on your manipulation posts please. I like them there funny.
For nothing is hidden, except to revealed; nor has anything been secret, but that it would come to light. Mark 4:21+24
Old 08-22-02   #1548
waterRTBH
Darkness Incarnate

waterRTBH is on a distinguished road
Credits: 277,037
Quote:
Originally posted by TheLight

Ok you got the right God.

But that post also contained "it also matters HOW YOU PRAY".
Tell me how you prayed, and what you prayed for.
no. I won't.

suffice to say - I did what I was told, and I believed he would answer me the way I asked him too.

it's actually none of your business now, you have insulted me repeatedly, therefore you deserve no more information about my personal life.

Old 08-24-02   #1549
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Samichking
Originally posted by Dyshade Dyshade, I can still see that you plainly don't understand the Word. This part is fact. You don't know how to apply what He is commanding. God is TRYING to communicate to you here. You are STILL misunderstanding.

A good example to show this is why I believe you don't understand Scripture application is the fact that you are shying away from my question to you about God COMMANDING the Ark of the Convenant to be made. This Ark, or 'image' in your view, would totally have God contradicting Himself. Please answer this question as we work our way through this issue.

I will ask it again to you for at least the third time.

Dyshade, starting in Exodus 25, God is shown giving explicit commands to Moses for "imgages" to made that would fill and decorate, adorn the walls and rooms of the Tabernacle. One of the best know "images" is the Ark of the Covenant. As I have said before, this Ark, on the top, has two angels which face each other. As many people did in that day, and even today find happiness in praying to angels (yes they are wrong to do so), why would God seem to contradict Himself here. This very object or 'image' is exactly the type of "graven image" you are speaking of. This is an image that was created on earth. Yet God commanded Moses to have it built. Why is that?

I await your reply. After you have given your opinion, we shall continue.

Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,
Samichking
and Dys return post was...Ok Sam,,, I never once shyed away from that as you are from my questions... here... so you can understand... Oh before I get on with this.... YES your God contridicts Himself far more than you give him credit for or will acknowledge...
The Covenent Was Commanded Made By your God... GOOD
THE CROSS WAS NOT... simple fact... what is your point Sam...
That because he came and said to make an Image once to hold his precious tablets that you can now make whatever the hell you want and bow before it in prayer and reverance????
I ASK ONCE AGAIN....
Why do you have crosses in your churches in places of reverance and veneration when not once in the bible does it say to do so and yet it expressly forbids you from doing so?????
Can you answer me this straight???
Without Misdirecting it or taking it out of context??
Perhaps pull those blinders off your eyes and thoughts for a second.....
Come on a straight answer.....
And do not allude to the Ark again Sam... the Ark was built at His command yet the Cross never was.... it is against your own Commandments and yet you defend it... perhaps you are being deluded by this FICTIONAL Satan you so much believe in...
Or perhaps you are afraid of admitting the truth???

So why not return to where we were before your sabatical..
and let water under the bridge lay were jesus flung it..

Nice guys finish last

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

Old 08-24-02   #1550
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

please note that that was from page 58-9 of this thread..

Nice guys finish last

Old 08-25-02   #1551
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Quote:
Originally posted by waterbearer

no. I won't.

suffice to say - I did what I was told, and I believed he would answer me the way I asked him too.

it's actually none of your business now, you have insulted me repeatedly, therefore you deserve no more information about my personal life.
I do nothing for you pleasure!
~legend~
Old 09-23-02   #1552
neonwraith
Voice of Unerring Reason

neonwraith
Credits: 108,935
I noticed Sami's saying something which tends to prove one of my more re-occuring motif's

It matters HOW you pray.... See, the chruches are all vying for doctrinie superioirty. Why, if they're all praying to the same god and worshiping the same fundamental ideology what to superficial differences really matter?

Answer...power. People may once have had gneuine doctrine questions now they're out for their slice of the pie. It's a power thing. I beleive this and I want that therefore I will insist god will only come to those who worship him in this way and take some of the gullible sheep from the other faiths with me

As a matter of course have you ntoiced how Jesus is called the great shepehard implying that all the followers are sheep. They're not even trying to hide it. They're taking the mick surely.

Neon
As much as if the deed were done.

If wishing damns us, you and I
Are damned to all our hearts content.
Come then we may at least enjoy
Some pleasure for our punishment..."

Sir Thomas More
Old 10-23-02   #1553
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Credits: 71,449
This is certainly a thread I would like to see get back on the original topic.

I have noticed in the time I have spent here, that many of you come from a Catholic or eccleastical background.

It seems there are several here that have been hurt, burned or violated in some way or another by member(s) of the "church" or by the "church" itself.

The reason I started this thread is because I was interested to find out, if this truly be the case, were you close to having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ at one point and then turned your back on Him due to the situation you experienced?

I would love to hear your input.

Sincerely,
Samichking

"This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed." John 3:19-20

Old 10-23-02   #1554
Jordyn
paraphiliac

when i started to notice certain things not making sense, and when asking about it not having my curiousity answered but dismissed...and then seeing how...there was no unity in it...the cliques and smith's keeping up with jones's...it wasn't about god, jesus or what a religion should be but about who was better at it...i never agreed with the one worships better than the other theory...look what happened between cain and abel...
Old 10-23-02   #1555
Samichking
Servant of Jesus Christ

Samichking
Credits: 71,449
I totally understand what you are saying Jordyn. I have seen this myself. Unfortunately it happens all to often.

I have found that one huge reason for this is that there are so many people in positions of authority in the church that have never actually been born again.

So many adults that have been entrusted with the teaching of others don't even have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet they have been brought up in the church and have plenty of "head knowledge" if you will but lack the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to properly guide them in His love and grace.

That in no way lessons the blame on true born again Christians. We too are at fault for as you say we have our own little cliques also and that is harmful, especially when you have new members who are seeking fellowship within a church body of people they don't know.

Did you grow up Catholic Jordyn if I can ask or were your protestant?

Sincerely,
Samichking

"This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed." John 3:19-20

Old 10-24-02   #1556
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,453
Quote:
Originally posted by Samichking
I totally understand what you are saying Jordyn. I have seen this myself. Unfortunately it happens all to often.

I have found that one huge reason for this is that there are so many people in positions of authority in the church that have never actually been born again.

So many adults that have been entrusted with the teaching of others don't even have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Yet they have been brought up in the church and have plenty of "head knowledge" if you will but lack the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to properly guide them in His love and grace.

That in no way lessons the blame on true born again Christians. We too are at fault for as you say we have our own little cliques also and that is harmful, especially when you have new members who are seeking fellowship within a church body of people they don't know.

Did you grow up Catholic Jordyn if I can ask or were your protestant?

Sincerely,
Samichking
Hello Sam Nice to see you back on a lighter note......
one of Christianities largest drawbacks is its endless division.... every new denomination hurts it far worse than any naysayer could..... it is probably one of the largest problems I have with the religion itself apart from some of the doctrines....
So how have you been???

S.O.D.

Old 10-24-02   #1557
Jordyn
paraphiliac

full blown roman catholic...i still have some hangups from that dogma...
Old 10-27-02   #1558
DrkTiggs
Wanted: A new sub

DrkTiggs
Credits: 14,810
welcome back Sam.. *thinks- Geeze i've been gone a whole week and look what i missed*

I attempted to bring it slightly back onto subject with my post above(my other self) But it kinda flopped *pouts* Still would like your response to that one..

As for the turning your back on god bit... Hmmm, i never turned my back on the god you pray to.. For that matter, never turned my face towards him either..
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, con a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects!!

amazing how much they look like orchids, isn't it!!
One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.
Money is a powerfull aphrodisiac. But flowers work almost as well.
It is better to copulate than never.

Of all the strange "crimes" that human beings have legislated out of nothing, "blasphamy" is one of the most amazing--with "obscenity" and "indecent exposure" fighting it out for second place.
i'm conspiracies alter-ego.

Little girls, like butterflies, need no excuse.

This sig is the "suggested" 20 lines long..