Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Real Vampires....Theory's and Myths
View Poll Results: Do you believe Vampires Exsist
Yes, And they drink blood and turn to ashes in the sun 1 5.88%
Yes... but not like you might think 11 64.71%
No... it's a load of Bull 4 23.53%
I really don't care 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-02   #81
Lillith

Let's try to broaden the spectrum and yet at the same time narrow it down: Let's leave this possibility of energy exchange between humans shall we?! And science has its merits of course, but I have found that the skepticism of science and the domains of spirit will forever be at polar opposites. To say that science hasn't proven something yet one should focus on the operative word "yet". We are forever expanding as a species, and matters that seemed wholly ridiculous in the past, to those skeptical scientists, are now possibly accepted. Even though one would imagine "they" are still in effort to prove it -impossible-
I believe anything under the sun is possible. To live a life where one invites too much impossibility renders one to surely live a life incomplete.
Old 09-07-02   #82
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,473
Quote:
Originally posted by Lillith_Leda
Let's try to broaden the spectrum and yet at the same time narrow it down: Let's leave this possibility of energy exchange between humans shall we?! And science has its merits of course, but I have found that the skepticism of science and the domains of spirit will forever be at polar opposites. To say that science hasn't proven something yet one should focus on the operative word "yet". We are forever expanding as a species, and matters that seemed wholly ridiculous in the past, to those skeptical scientists, are now possibly accepted. Even though one would imagine "they" are still in effort to prove it -impossible-
I believe anything under the sun is possible. To live a life where one invites too much impossibility renders one to surely live a life incomplete.
Yep... as an Alchemist I do not denounce it as impossible.... I merely state that as of yet noone has proven it to be viable to me myself.... it does not help any that those who have claimed it that I have met personally have not proven it either.... and have actually given me more of a reason to disbelieve it.... I live by my Will alone and harness energy all the time..... I have attempted experiments of the sort you profess to exist and have as of yet to do so myself.... which considering the empowerment I can achieve leads me to believe that it cannot be done.... the energy I utilize is there within me latent.... lying dormant as it were.... I use my Will to actualize it..... for whatever purpose I need.... we humans have a large amount of energy within ourselves.... we do not nearly utilize the entirety of it during normal day to day routines...... take for instance stories of people being capable of extraordinary feats of endurance or strength during moments of high stress..... they are merely utilizing reserves of energy we do not normally use......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-02   #83
SirVLCIV
Lusus Naturæ

SirVLCIV
Credits: 202,919
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay Reshtorn
And i could tell you they have struggled to keep their numbers low, and never feed on humans, as this has been the cause of prosecution against their species throughtout history.
And by trying to prove vampires exist, you are thusly negating your point.

I doubt real vampires would want the sheep to know they exist.

"Move that one of your pieces, which is in the worst plight, unless you can satisfy yourself that you can derive immediate advantage by an attack." -Adolph Anderssen
Old 09-08-02   #84
SirVLCIV
Lusus Naturæ

SirVLCIV
Quote:
Originally posted by Dyshade
Basically Alchemy is the use of your Will to adapt your psyche and your body.....
Hmm... would an example be something like willing oneself to say, enjoy a sensation they are inclined to dislike? Changing their body temperature? etc.?

Then I'd have to say I am spectacularly willful in things such as that.

"Move that one of your pieces, which is in the worst plight, unless you can satisfy yourself that you can derive immediate advantage by an attack." -Adolph Anderssen
Old 09-08-02   #85
SirVLCIV
Lusus Naturæ

SirVLCIV
Let's see, I seem to have a natural need to be nocturnal; when I sleep at night, even with a normal sleeping schedule after many months, I wake up on average three times a night. When sleeping during the day, out cold. Also, I get a huge boost of energy at sundown. Possibly a form of narcolepsy and/or seasonal affective disorder (sunlight affecting mood).

I have a natural tan, but I am now pale because I live an ascetic lifestyle.

I have very sensitive eyes, and found out this past year in Physics that my eyes are much more sensitive to ultraviolet light than normal (we used some type of light refraction technique on gasses).

However, however... I've been vegetarian before (ended after protein deficiency problems; damn was I in pain), and now I eat chicken sparingly. I hate red meat.

I must say I like the romantic appeal of the Stoker vampire, and some vamp games (on the receiving end primarily) are quite... sexually invigorating... nothing serious.

I've been accused of being an unconscious psy-vamp once; if psy-vampirism exists, I wouldn't doubt it.

But, I prefer Dyshade's reaction. Certain things appeal to different people, and affect their mind (although some chemicals can affect it).

Anyone that has experienced "runner's high" has experienced this. I once spent five hours straight on mathematical research, very invigorating. Meditation. Finishing a good book. (Not for me, but) religious experiences. All highs. I imagine sangs have the same thing, but your idea of vamps, (NEEDING blood instead of WANTING it) would probably fit more under compulsion.

I have Tourette's disorder. Basically, there are certain quirks I have, compulsions, that MUST be done. I can put them off, but it only intensifies them; stress also affects it.

I have a weird nasal humming sound, an eyelid twitch, forehead, both ears (independently or together) and most recent addition (last few weeks) teeth grinding (I need to see a dentist about what I can do about this). I can't affect the NEED to do any of them, and eventually I cave.

Dunno. I've rambled.

Old 09-09-02   #86
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by SirVLCIV

Hmm... would an example be something like willing oneself to say, enjoy a sensation they are inclined to dislike? Changing their body temperature? etc.?

Then I'd have to say I am spectacularly willful in things such as that.
yes.... that could be a valid example.... lowering ones breathing rate and heart rate would be another..... using the conscious mind to control any unconscious activity..... the Human body also has great reserves of energy that we do not normally tap into.... during normal day to day activities we might only tap into 10-20% of that energy..... using your Will you can tap into the other 80-90% and energize yourself..... increasing endurance... strength.... mental activities.... etc.....

S.O.D.

Old 09-09-02   #87
SirVLCIV
Lusus Naturæ

SirVLCIV
Have you ever read "Stranger in a Strange Land"? Just... wow .

Old 09-10-02   #88
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by SirVLCIV
Have you ever read "Stranger in a Strange Land"? Just... wow .
Robert Hienlien has always been one of my favorite Sci-Fi Authors..... I read that book for the first time in about sixth grade.... and have read it almost thirty times since then....

S.O.D.

Old 09-18-02   #89
Jay Reshtorn
Face in the Mist

Jay Reshtorn
Credits: 3,081
Good day all sorry I've been neglecting all of you but I've had little chance to be on the net since I began my new job. I have read your comments. However I know little of the Strangers of Strange Land? What's it about?
Old 09-20-02   #90
SirVLCIV
Lusus Naturæ

SirVLCIV
"Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert A. Heinlein; I believe it was published in 1960, and eventually became a hallmark book of the hippy movement (a side note: Charles Manson loved it in much the same way psychos are "known" to love "Catcher in the Rye).

Very brief synopsis: Earth, which is now a world federation, has sent a group of scientists (four married couples I believe) to Mars to investigate the possibility of life; they aren't heard from again. Years later, another shuttle lands, and finds a human who has been raised by Martians; the illegitimate son of two of the of the scientists. Due to several on board problems, the scientists ended up dying, but that isn't important.

The human, the "Man from Mars," was raised by, and thinks like, Martians. He thinks in their language, has their morality, and can do what they can do. Different psychic abilities, etc.

A very good read.