Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page just one of the guys

Old 05-15-02   #1
Kaolin
Face in the Mist

Kaolin
Credits: 1,389
just one of the guys

My friend recently implied that he couldnt see me attractive because i am just too "one of the guys"-ish for him.

what does this mean? i mean, i know what it means, but... in guy talk... what does it mean? Does it mean that i act butch or something?
Old 05-15-02   #2
Oezoem
Dark Ooze

Oezoem is on a distinguished road
Credits: 93,456

uhm..I dunno..perhaps that he sees you more like a friend than a muse he can adore?

don't mind me..I'm just as curious on this one as you
Old 05-15-02   #3
Moridin
Lost Journey's Teddy Bear

Moridin
Credits: 19,833
The fact that he said to you he's just "one of the guys" does not necessarily mean that you're too "butch". For most guys, if they want to be friends with a chick, they kinda have to get it straight in their head that she's not all that attractive, otherwise it'll fuck up the friendship cuz he'll always be leering at her and wondering and thinking and it'll just get screwed up. As for being too "butch" tomboys don't really bother that many guys this day and age, in fact, some of us prefer them

"Marijuana grows naturally, it comes from nature. And yet it's outlawed. Doesn't banning nature seem a bit.. I dunno... Unnatural??"
-Bill Hicks
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-02   #4
Felony Queen
~*Dark Soul*~

Felony Queen
Credits: 11,959
I agree with both oezoem and moridinthe whole thing you hang out with the guysand do the "guy stuff" so you have become friends in that way and that would ruin the whole thing. I have more to say on the matter but i have to go now so i will reply again later.

and no it does not mean you are bucth (is he a straight foward guy?) cause if so he would have most likley said if he thought u were butch.
:fro: :metalhead :fro:

:mofo:
Old 06-11-02   #5
neonwraith
Voice of Unerring Reason

neonwraith
Credits: 108,935
JEEBUS

no he wouldn't.

Men never tell the truth to women ever.

Advice we learn from primitive dating. It's the art of conversational misdirection. The woman is pig-ugly with bad hair and no fashion sense with no personaility. We will compliment clothes, we'll compliment her daring fashion sense. We might even say she's got an interesting personality.

We lie all the time, especially to our friends and partners.

And it's all womens fault to.

you women ask which do you prefer the red or the green for example. You like the green.... she's picked the red. You give an honnest answer, you get crucified for not agreing with the hormonal timebomb in the bedroom. You say you have no opinion to avoid this situation, your crucified for being indecisive and not paying enough attention.

Men Lie....period.

Best thing to do.... post a picture of yourself on DF's gallery and see what responses you get.

Neon
As much as if the deed were done.

If wishing damns us, you and I
Are damned to all our hearts content.
Come then we may at least enjoy
Some pleasure for our punishment..."

Sir Thomas More
Old 06-11-02   #6
MorphlingROR
Gatherer of knowledge

MorphlingROR is on a distinguished road
Credits: 47,331
Quote:
Men never tell the truth to women ever.
Hmm, about guys never telling truth to women... It's not always so. Me personally, if i do not want to lie or tell the truth, I prefer to keep silence. And maybe even then I will eventually tell what I really think. I only talk something when i mean it. Telling lies doesn't lead to a good end anyways, because sooner or later the truth comes out. Or maybe i am just some kind of a very wrong guy then?
Old 06-13-02   #7
Felony Queen
~*Dark Soul*~

Felony Queen
Credits: 11,959
[quote]Originally posted by MorphlingROR
Or maybe i am just some kind of a very wrong guy then?

No way! we need more guys who tell the truth!!!

:mofo:
Old 06-13-02   #8
Duddy
Bacon

Duddy
Credits: 128,079
Re: just one of the guys

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaolin
My friend recently implied that he couldnt see me attractive because i am just too "one of the guys"-ish for him.

what does this mean? i mean, i know what it means, but... in guy talk... what does it mean? Does it mean that i act butch or something?

What that means is that he doesn't want to date you for some reason, and that is just and excuse
Old 06-13-02   #9
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
Quote:
Originally posted by neonwraith

Best thing to do.... post a picture of yourself on DF's gallery and see what responses you get.

Neon

damn, then im screwed...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 06-14-02   #10
neonwraith
Voice of Unerring Reason

neonwraith
Credits: 108,935
Join the club Errant.....join the club

Neon
As much as if the deed were done.

If wishing damns us, you and I
Are damned to all our hearts content.
Come then we may at least enjoy
Some pleasure for our punishment..."

Sir Thomas More
Old 06-20-02   #11
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,465
Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin
As for being too "butch" tomboys don't really bother that many guys this day and age, in fact, some of us prefer them
Fuck yeah! Give me a smart, independent women who can look after herself and likes me for who I am. Not because I have a dick and she thinks she needs one to be complete.

I only know 3 women like that in real life; and they are all basically unavailible.

One moved to Florida after I got to know her.

Another is my mom, (Definatly not my type)

And the third I really have feelings for . . . Unfortuantly she's going with another guy.
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 06-20-02   #12
Underground0Bab
VOID-VOID-VOID

Location: This great place called here, have you ever been, here? I know you would love it, and never leave this place, even if you wanted to you can't escape
Underground0Bab is on a distinguished road
Credits: 6,834
Re: just one of the guys

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaolin

Ok, I'm not sure if I am right, but if a guy gives you that it is simply that, you are one of the guys. It doesn't mean your butch, it means that he sees you just like one of his guy friends. If you hang out with him and his guy friends that would really explain it. When you are the only girl in a group of guys, it is typical of the guys in the group to either to think of you as one of the guys or if you like one of the guys, all the others are into and the one you want thinks of you as this super cool chick but the other guys like you so he just thinks of you as one of the guys as much as he can. (sorry a little personal venting in that)
As I lay in your arms, I think. You never could complete me, you could never fill the void, but atleast, you would never make me cry. You would never make me want to die. But is it better to be truly in love, than here with you in a world that nothing is complete, nothing is whole, because you are not him, the one I truly love.

Candy From Strangers - Sweetly Stupid
Old 06-20-02   #13
transmothra
Dark Hippie

transmothra
Credits: 6,814
doctor goddamn knowitall, putting in his NON cents again...:

speaking as a guy who usually gravitates toward female pals who, in turn, usually gravitate toward male pals:

it just means ya both waited too long to make yer moves. forget about it; it's over. it's too late.

that doesn't mean you can't take a step backwards, but who wants to do that? IMHO, it's usually best to be pals than try to dance through hoops doing some kind of bizarre mating ritual for something that, in the end, has less of a chance at succeeding (i'm talking about ALL relationships here, not just friends-turnt-lovers) than George W. does at math. most people, sad as it is, just don't stay together.

on the other hand, it also means that you've formed a connection more intimate than the one men and women generally share, believe it or not. people who have sex (or just sexygood times- you know what i'm talking about) necessarily are cutting into each other's "talk time". unless they have really good conversations WHILE having sex. and let's face it: a "sexual" relationship involves sex, whether it's happening, or it's trying to happen. and that takes time away from other things.

so think of it this way: instead of having really good sex, you're having really good conversation. which will, in the end, be drastically more meaningful and fulfilling than even the best of playful boudoir romps.

-transmothra, KSC
a.k.a. Sparky, the Ro-bot Bodhisattva,
a.k.a. Max Boolean,
a.k.a. CounterPope Meat-Thing,
a.k.a. The Brazen Lily,
et cetera...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-21-02   #14
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,465
This should not be considered a bad thing. It does not mean you are unatractive, just that he likes you but does not find you attractive in a physical manner. And since platonic relationships are more important then physical ones . . .
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
Old 06-21-02   #15
Lost_Journey
Moridin's Tigress

Lost_Journey
Credits: 12,743
Guys...

Sometimes men are stupid.

- The cold, the snow, the midnight winter solstice. These things I have in my soul. And I have learned use them... become them.

- Birth. Become. Evolve. Destroy. Yourself.

Old 06-23-02   #16
transmothra
Dark Hippie

transmothra
Credits: 6,814
this is totally off-topic, but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Lost_Journey
Sometimes men are stupid.
...and sometimes the sky is blue. i don't generally take offense to anything, really, but i'm starting to seriously dislike all the goddamn male-bashing there is whenever one bad apple pops up as a subject of conversation. as if no woman in history ever did anything stupid or wrong!

-transmothra, KSC
a.k.a. Sparky, the Ro-bot Bodhisattva,
a.k.a. Max Boolean,
a.k.a. CounterPope Meat-Thing,
a.k.a. The Brazen Lily,
et cetera...