Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Super Helpful Hair Care Tips

Old 04-24-02   #21
Duchess Nocturn
Cunning Linguist

Duchess Nocturn
Credits: 127,114
As much sense as it makes, I couldn't stand my hair being icky for that long. Besides, I love the way my shampoo smells-- without that raspberry stuff every morning, I feel like something has gone terribly wrong in my day . . . . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I fucked Vincent Price
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-02   #22
product_Lilith
Face in the Mist

product_Lilith
Credits: 2,101
Hi all!

Actually, I am currently working on a webpage that will specialize in (gothic) beauty and fashion. Its so huge so its taking longer then I thought to get it up and running.

But....here is some useful tips....

First of all. NEVER pour freezing cold water on your hair after washing in very warm water. It does give a temporary look of flattening, in truth, you have just shocked the hell out of your hair and scalp, and it will be more prone to breaking clean off. Instead, gradually lower the water temp. So if you are washing with hot water, lower to warm, lower to cooler, and then lower to cold. Wait a few seconds in between doing so.

Ummm...new tip.....
The only way to get rid of split ends is to cut them off. No conditioner, shampoo, or oil in the world can seal them back up. BUT...if you are like me and you hate losing any length to your hair....try this:

Take small sections of your hair and twist them out tight. You'll see little ends poking out everywhere. These are the bad guys! Simply take a pair of very sharp scissors and cut anything sticking out. It won't be much hair at all that is is cut but it really gets rid of almost all split ends and its so easy to do!!!

~ Lil ~
Old 05-03-02   #23
Kyrasen
Malevolent Entity

Kyrasen
Credits: 3,152
I once tried mayo on my hair out of curiosity. Not surprisingly, it was nasty.
Old 05-05-02   #24
Sin
Darkness Incarnate

Sin will become famous soon enough
Credits: 84,659
Hmm...

That hair twisting thing is pretty cool... I like that. *smiles*

My roommate is actually a hairdresser, and she has often ranted about how people should use a conditioning rinse, as opposed to a conditioner. Apparently the conditioner is much heavier, and doesn't allow as much room or whatever for the natural oils and moisturizers to get through, weighs down your hair big time, and if you get a cheap brand (basically anything that isn't from a salon) then most likely it is wax based which is what coats your hair and makes it feel so soft. Especially in those heat activated ones, like Thermasilk etc.

Also says to never use leave in conditioner.

But... LoL I don't listen to her, and what I do for my hair is I use finesse 'cuz I actually do like it, I use the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, and then once I'm out of the shower, I'll put a small amount of leave in conditioner in it while I'm styling, just once. About... once every 2 weeks or so, I use the Joico K-pak stuff, which is salon strength deep conditioning and reconstructing stuff.... and between the two my hair stays really nice. ~nods~

Xxx-SIN-xxX
Old 05-07-02   #25
BeautysDemise
Masochistic Failure

BeautysDemise is on a distinguished road
Credits: 110,146
Quote:
Originally posted by Duchess Nocturn
Dirty non-Americans!!!

I shower and wash my hair every single day. But that might make sense what you said about the natural cleany thingies drying up-- if I go for about 16 hours without washing my hair, it looks greasy [to me, anyway]. I won't leave the house without having washed my hair.

Shampoo and conditioner: St. Ive's Raspberry shiny hair stuff.

Another thing I do with it, in the shower, is while the conditioner is still in it, I take a hairbrush and brush it all the way through to make sure the goop has gotten to my whole head.
Actually, according to a couple different sources you are only supposed to wash your hair about two to three times a week if it is really thick and/or curly. Washing your hair too much will make it brittle and leave you with "fly aways". Also, I don't recomend brushing from top to bottom. Most hair care experts say to start at the ends and work your way to the roots to get the tangles out. Then brush through...the oils will still be distributed and you will not have as much breakage.

Damn...surprise...Beauty knows a little about fashion...go figure.

Just Another Girl Who Wants to Rule the World.
Old 05-11-02   #26
Duchess Nocturn
Cunning Linguist

Duchess Nocturn
Quote:
Originally posted by product_Lilith
NEVER pour freezing cold water on your hair after washing in very warm water.
Shit I've been doing that for years . . . . .

As for Beauty's remark on hair brushing, that actually is what I do. Bottom to top to get out the snags, then start doing the top to bottom thing to distribute the oils and such.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I fucked Vincent Price
Old 06-03-02   #27
Duchess Nocturn
Cunning Linguist

Duchess Nocturn
Back to the top!

I fucked Vincent Price
Old 06-06-02   #28
painkittie

if you put warm olive oil in overnight (use clingfilm round your head) and wash it out in the morning your hair is beautifuly shiny and really managable. i like my hair atm i have had it cut really choppy and short and i dyed it mahogany (which turned out kinda pink) but its still cool
Old 06-09-02   #29
Dean Corso

I use Kerastase products since they seem to be pretty good,
I used to use Klorane but that "all natural ingredients" didn't work for me. A friend of mine uses a swiss brand of shampoos and conditioners that's really good but it's damn expensive 60 euros for 100 ml. eh you get what you pay, but kerastase is pretty good heres the link kerastase

I use this one
and condition with this

it's called ciment but don't be scared cause it's really good and it really fortifies your hair.

whoever when I was in america I couldn't find this brands so I had to use neutrogena and that britney spears one the natural essences, they are really cheap and suprisingly they are not that bad.
Old 06-09-02   #30
Dean Corso

A black friend of mine uses one from Phyto that has eggs and rum in it, I used it once and it felt so good it was like nothing I had b4