Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Blade Afficiendios: What do you carry?

Old 04-16-02   #61
Iron's Rite
United States of Moronica

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
Iron's Rite is on a distinguished road
Credits: 253,465
Damascus.
Without a doubt.

My custom sword would have a core of spring steel, a layer of iron/steel damascus, and tempered stainless/carbon Damascus for the cutting edge and final layer. I have yet to think up a name for it.

Another one I want to have would be named the "Sharenzi"
It would be a double edge longsword with an inch wide blade. I would have the blade designed so that it would bend straight forward and back instead of side of side to side, like with chinese Wushu and tai-chi swords. It would also have an atom edge.

I have a shitload of other ideas for weapon designs. I figure once I can I will go into business for myself making them.
I would only make them for myself and close friends though. I would never sell them. I don't want to feel guilty and resposible if somone takes a life with one of my weapons.
[hildegard von bingen - ordo virtutum]
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-02   #62
Chaos Creator
Muthafucka

Chaos Creator is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,183,606
Damascus... Yeah. Good shit, that. Me and a buddy of mine were trying like hell to get our hands on a sheet of it... Pain in the ass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-16-02   #63
Iron's Rite

Location: "The forest folded it's branches around me, something passed by and I went into a dream." -Opeth
I want to try making it. It's got to be extremely difficult though, that shit is fuckin' rare.
Boker makes some really nice knives with it. They cost about 500$ at most.

I have a pair of custom boots that I'm drafting, with Damascus outside steel toe's
Old 04-25-02   #64
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

Sixgun_Symphony is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 280,566
I just found a really neat website on knives, swords, and making knives.

http://www.knives.com/index.html

" We believe that not only is the knife our oldest tool but that knife making is our core technology. Knives make all other technologies possible and are part of what defines us as human. We salute the lone knife maker of today. He or she is a living repository for a knowledge and tradition that spans millennia. These people have not been content to simply carry on that tradition, but seek to improve it, passing it on to succeeding generations, more vibrant and robust than before"
Old 04-26-02   #65
Oezoem
Dark Ooze

Oezoem is on a distinguished road
Credits: 93,456
A pen
Old 04-26-02   #66
Iron's Rite

You can kill someone with a pen.

This guy does some amazing things with Damascus, and there is a link on his website too a Damasus supply.

www.schwarzer.com/index.htm
Old 04-27-02   #67
Starface
Darkness Incarnate

Starface
Credits: 95,246
Quote:
Originally posted by ArSiNiK
can we at least be butt buddies on the weekends?
Can I please just watch and diddle around with my clit...please. Arsi's kind of fucking mean and aggressive...We must chain him to the wall and then Pyrric can come in and have his way...Oh my FUCK I'm wet as hell...I must see this before I die! Let's make it happen boys...come on! Whatdaya say?!
"The most difficult thing in the world is to reveal yourself, to express what you have to.... to be willing to risk everything to really express it all." -- JOHN CASSAVETES
"solve et coagula" ... destroy to create ...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-27-02   #68
Starface
Darkness Incarnate

Starface
Oh yeah-subject at hand...I carry around a...(DAMN WHAT A FUCKING VISION IN MY HEAD THAT WAS!) Cheap ass boot knife...it's got a 4 or 5 " blade (I don't have a damn ruler on me) the enitire thing is stainless steel but it's got a bit of rust under the boot clip and it say's "Jaguar" on it in cursive wich means that it was probably made in CHINA and needs to be replaced. It also has a wobbly ass blade P.O.S!!!!! Great mothers day gift idea hmmmmmm.
"The most difficult thing in the world is to reveal yourself, to express what you have to.... to be willing to risk everything to really express it all." -- JOHN CASSAVETES

Old 04-27-02   #69
Starface
Darkness Incarnate

Starface
I knew this old man waaaay down in Southern Missouri once who let me make this kickass FAT 10" blade...he didn't let me take it though. He said I could finish it when I came back...I think he's in prison now...that sucks.

Old 04-27-02   #70
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

American Bladesmith Society

The American Bladesmith Society, Inc. pledges to diligently, reasonably and responsibly work exclusively for the purposes of promoting and advancing the art and science of the forged blade and other implements. And also to inform and educate the public in respect to bladesmithing, metal forging and heat treating processes, knife and tool design and fabrication, related arts and other areas in which the Society has expertise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a great website on making your own blades.
Old 04-27-02   #71
Sixgun_Symphony
Darkness Incarnate

Quote:
Originally posted by Starface
I knew this old man waaaay down in Southern Missouri once who let me make this kickass FAT 10" blade...he didn't let me take it though. He said I could finish it when I came back...I think he's in prison now...that sucks.

You already have some training in bladesmithing. You will have an easier time than most in getting set up to forge blades.

Good blades can be made from old files and leaf springs from automobiles. The old files must first be heated up and then allowed to cool down so as to make the steel softer and less brittle.

This hobby can pay for itself as you will have lots of friends buying your quality knives.

http://www.americanbladesmith.