Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Phantasy Star, Better than FF.

Old 03-05-02   #21
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

RedMeat will become famous soon enoughRedMeat will become famous soon enough
Credits: 311,095
http://www.ramarpgworld.com/roms/mg-gg/ms-gg.htm

Its a Master System one, I thought Genesis..opps.

Darkness squeezes, Satan`s platypus rises tonight! Bork, bork, bork!
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-02   #22
SirVLCIV
Lusus Naturæ

SirVLCIV
Credits: 202,919
I LOVE PS4 and SF1; I've never played any of the other Phantasy Stars, and wasn't as much a fan of Shining Force 2 (though it's still good).

And mock me if you will... my fave FFs are X and VIII .

"Move that one of your pieces, which is in the worst plight, unless you can satisfy yourself that you can derive immediate advantage by an attack." -Adolph Anderssen
Old 03-05-02   #23
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
well if they mock you then theyll have to mock me as well... im sick to death of this old school/new school gaming shit... i dont mind (in fact i LOVE) tribute threads, if you just wanted to alk about what you loved about the games of your youth then fine... but i draw the line at people criticizing MY games of choice just because their nostalgia is kicking in...

i LOVE the final fantasy series... i think the story, gameplay, and graphics get better every time and that serves only to HEIGHTEN the experiance... ive replayed every game i have at LEAST twice and most ive played through FIVE or SIX times... I have ONE game that this doesnt apply to and that is Tetris Plus since i only play that with friends...

i have never had the privilage of playing Phantasy Star, but based on testimonials im quite sure its a GREAT series... but please, PLEASE stop belittling my choices in play. As much as Id like it not to, such talk DOES get under my skin...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.
Old 03-05-02   #24
mosSy
Fishmmmms

mosSy
Credits: 6,030
just for reference The Last Heathen, i have played the complete PS series (except i haven't finished PSIII). I've also played Shining Force 1, liked it better than the second.

i've been navigating through the pile of my PS discs and came across some beauty's. Grandia is excellent, I believe it would have been better than it's predecessor had it's graphics been upped (seriously, it was lacking).

I'm very partial to RPG's with a strong sense of adventure and reality (maybe an ork or two here and there).

Honestly, the fantasy tends to bug the hell out of me. Explain how fun it is to battle 30-40 variations of DragonWarriors and such, you get the idea. My solution to this: More humans as enemies, in an environment like a city (could you imagine Hitman as an RPG? I'd sure as hell play it.).

Another game I found exceptionally great was Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee+Abe's Exodus. They also had a good feel of adventure. It wasn't realistic at all though, Oddworld is some warped shit. However i saw through that because of all the thought that was actually put into the characters (Elum. whoever thought of that is a genius, or stoned off his ass). Also, it's Very difficult, sheesh takes forever to get a perfect score. But i always found myself drawn back to it (Must save more Mudokons, must possess more Sligs...)

those are some pretty neat games...i'm sure some of you have played them, probably don't agree with me on everything, just my opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, version 2.

Soll das einzige Ding das notwendig ist für den Triumph des Übels für gute Männer nichts. für was ist ein Mann der sagt er hat Glauben aber keine Urkunden machen?--Don't even bother trying to translate that, it doesn't make sense. It just looks cool and mysterious. I know, it is pretty damn sweet, isn't it?

Old 03-05-02   #25
SirVLCIV
Lusus Naturæ

SirVLCIV
Credits: 202,919
ALSO. The Ultima series (I've played Exodus, Quest of the Avatar, and Ultima 6 (the gargoyle one)); loved them all.

"Move that one of your pieces, which is in the worst plight, unless you can satisfy yourself that you can derive immediate advantage by an attack." -Adolph Anderssen
Old 03-06-02   #26
thefinalw0rd
SaxophoniusExtraordinaire

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
thefinalw0rd is on a distinguished road
Credits: 138,676
Wow, I can't believe this is still here. I've been so busy for a while.

All I can say is Shadowrun...

Yet another game I have to find. Oh and Toejam and Earl was fun, don't you think? Especially the second one?
Old 03-07-02   #27
Crypt
___

Crypt is on a distinguished road
Credits: 132,985
I played PS2 and PS3, never did find PS1, though if i ever do, i will be setting up my genesis and playing them again. oh wait, i just might set it up anyways and start playing those games again. Also, never got the chance to play the Shining Force games. kinda wish i had had more money to get these games so i was able to have a little more fun when it was up and running. I didn't mind FF7, but i quit playing FF8 after a little while, it held my attention for about maybe the first disc, then i was bored as hell. Thanks guys, i will have to get my ass in gear and play these games again. Oh and i did play "Y's" but didn't get to far. If i still have it, i'll start playing it again.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

" It is easier to write words on water then to try to use argument on a christian"

Last edited by Crypt; 03-08-02 at 06:52.
Old 03-22-02   #28
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

Quote:
Originally posted by thefinalw0rd
Wow, I can't believe this is still here. I've been so busy for a while.

All I can say is Shadowrun...
SNES ROM is on that site I put up, not sure baout the genesis version.

Old 03-26-02   #29
TooDarkPark
Diäb Soule'

TooDarkPark
Credits: 18,695
jeeez..*ponders the many hours spent playing the older phantasy star games and shining force*.....how's the online version of phantasy star?(I'm too lazy to check to see if it's been talked about before)
Old 03-29-02   #30
RedMeat
Sweet Zombie Jesus

The first Phantasy Star games possably being re-released for the GBA from what I`ve heard.

Old 03-30-02   #31
Lunatic
06/07/04 -- Hails Eternal

Lunatic
Credits: 22,700
Amen to this thread, roar. Genesis had some hardcore RPGs, PS series, SF series, Shadowrun (the one for SNES SUCKED), all that good stuff. I had access to alot of it, anyone remember Sega Channel?! Those were the days. Oh, and I'd probably have to go with SF1 over SF2.. I mean, for one, SF2 totally ruins the game with the cheapness of Master Monks.. not to mention the nerdy-looking hero pre-promotion and retarded default name.. BOWIE, man, what a name for a "hero". And then, in SF1, there's Max's (the hero's) special attack animation if he does the finishing blow on Dark Dragon. PS4, to this day, has yet to be matched in soundtrack quality. One of the best, if not THE best videogame soundtracks.

Now I have access to them all by ROM.. ohh, it's sweet.
Old 04-16-02   #32
God Infested
Banned

God Infested
Credits: 1,010
Anyone played Skies of Arcadia?
Old 04-16-02   #33
thefinalw0rd
SaxophoniusExtraordinaire

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
thefinalw0rd is on a distinguished road
Credits: 138,676
It would seriously kill of the PS series was put on GBA. That'd be my whole justification to getting one.
Old 04-16-02   #34
Tap
Lurks in the Shadows

Tap is on a distinguished road
Credits: 110
I'm waiting for the next PS and SF ame to come out as it will dictate which new system I buy.
Old 04-17-02   #35
mosSy
Fishmmmms

mosSy
Credits: 6,030
Quote:
Originally posted by TooDarkPark
jeeez..*ponders the many hours spent playing the older phantasy star games and shining force*.....how's the online version of phantasy star?(I'm too lazy to check to see if it's been talked about before)
it's not much to celebrate about. in fact, it's nothing to celebrate about. udder crap. too many online glitches, very frustrating, no storyline, horrible soundtrack etc etc.

, version 2.

Soll das einzige Ding das notwendig ist für den Triumph des Übels für gute Männer nichts. für was ist ein Mann der sagt er hat Glauben aber keine Urkunden machen?--Don't even bother trying to translate that, it doesn't make sense. It just looks cool and mysterious. I know, it is pretty damn sweet, isn't it?

Old 04-17-02   #36
errantrogue
which one, though?

errantrogue is on a distinguished road
Credits: 288,983
Quote:
Originally posted by thefinalw0rd
It would seriously kill of the PS series was put on GBA. That'd be my whole justification to getting one.
ive seen it played on the dreamcast... im waiting for the updated port for the PS2... i loved the nifty "build your villiage" options... funny funny

"But this is America, where we unapologetically bastardize other countries' cultures in a gross quest for moral and military supremacy." L.G.