Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page You know you grew up in the 1980s when...

Old 09-18-01   #21
Duddy
Bacon

Duddy
Credits: 128,079
Ahh, the days of spiked hair, upturned collars and neon stuff. Anyone remember ring pop?
Old 09-24-01   #22
Vashti
damn sexy

Vashti is on a distinguished road
Credits: 8,360
I never really liked push pops..but my mom always bought the damn things.
Being a girl..i had posters of all the 80's hearthrobs..Patrick Dempsey,Christian Slater, Both of the Coreys, John Cusak, RickSpringfeild, and all the rest i cant remember.
Does anyone remember Burples?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-01   #23
Crucifix Angel

-You know what "Sike" means. Sucker!

-You know the profound meaning of "Wax on, Wax off." from the Karate Kid movie

-You know that another name for a keyboard is a "Synthesizer." Duh!

-You can sing the McDonald's Big Mack,Filet-o-fish, quarter pounder, and French fry song.

-You know who Mr. T is. Yep..big black guy

-You know who Fat Albert is. And who was old boy with the pink mask? I know Fat Albert but who's the masked guy?

-You ever wore fluorescent, neon clothing.

-You could breakdance, or wish you could. I wish!

-You wanted to be The Hulk for Halloween.

-You Believed that "By the power of Greyskull, you HAD the power. I still remember He-Man, She-ra &.. Skeletor was cool! I also remember Orco, the little red guy who floated around & that green tiger was such a wimp, except when he transformed.

-Partying "like it's 1999" seemed SO far away. It wasn't too long ago people were saying that

-You thought that Transformers were "more than meets the eye". Autobots, roll out! The Decepticons rocked! Anyone remember the movie? Generation 2 was pointless..same shit, except the comics

-You knew that knowing is half the battle. G. I. Joe!

*I remember having some toys of He-Man, G. I. Joe & Transformers..I misss those days..

-You wanted to be on Star Search. Isn't that the show with the kids where they perform on stage?

-You can remember Michael Jackson when he was black. yep

-You wore a banana clip at some point during your youth.

-You remember the garbage pail kids, and owned some.

-You knew what Willis was "talkin' 'bout."

-Rut row raggy. and Zoinks.

-You HAD to have your MTV.

-You actually thought "Dirty Dancing" was a REALLY good movie.

-You remember when ATARI was a state of the art video game. I didn't get into videogames 'til '89, back in the days of Nintendo & 8-bit Sega. Did you know they made Atari games? My friends had Atari. I also did but played it only once..I had Donkey Kong, Phantasy Star, Smurfs (remember Colecovision, with that weird joystick with those numbers?)..I also know there was Centipde, He Man, Space Invaders, Mario Bros.

-You owned any cassettes. yep

-You were led to believe that in the year 2000 we'd all be living in space.

-You know what leg warmers are and probably had a pair.

-You wore biker shorts underneath a short skirt and felt stylish.

-You wore your Izod shirt with the collar up.

-You had a Swatch Watch with the Swatch Guard.

-Your Legos collection started with the free sets in a Happy Meal. I miss Lego!

-You remember when Happy Meals came in a box, not a paper bag. yep

-You remember when Saturday Night Live was funny.

-You had Wonder Woman or Superman underoos. What ever happened to Wonder Woman? Ah fuck it

-You know what a "Push Up" ice cream is.

-You had to come in the house when the street lights came on.

-You had to change into play clothes after school.

-You owned, or knew somebody with a Commodore 64. My friends..I remember playing Batman

-You hated Scrappy Doo.

-You recorded songs off the radio with your boom box.

-You wished you had a light saber.

-Somehow you still know all the words to songs played on VH1's "Big 80s"

-Your arm was full of rubber bracelets.

-You have ever said, "Gag me with a spoon."

-You have ever wondered what happened to Saturday morning cartoons.

-You had to get up to change the channel, or had one of those noisey "clicky boxes".

-You can still sing 1 to 12 from the Pinball machine song on Sesame Street. yep lol

-You thought the Thriller video was pretty cool. I remember that..& Moon Walker (the one that Michael Jackson turns into a robot. I don't remember if it was Moon Walker, but there's a part in the end of a music video (I heard it got cut) where he turned into a panther, then turned back to human, went on top of a car & started going psycho on it with a crow bar or pipe

-You remember the first time you went in to a video store to rent a movie.

-Canadians watched...Romper-Room, Mr. Dress-up, and the Friendly Giant - remember the teeny weeny furniture you wished you had?! Who's the Friendly Giant?

-You wore those wide, colorfull shoelaces.

-Quiet Riot's "Come on feel the noise" was the best song - ever.

-You know where "I want my two dollars" came from.

-You still cannot go in to the water because of that damn movie Jaws.

-El Debarge's "Get a Beat to the Rhythm of the Night" plagued the radio every hour.

-You remember life before minivans and SUVs.

-Cars...Gremlins were cool - Pacers were not! The Mogwai from Gremlins was cute! & then there was Spike..

If you can identify with at least half of this list then you, my friend, are a "Child of the 80s".

I also remember that videos came in big plastic cases or boxes with a plastic case. Anyone remember chuchettos (those coloured baby nipples kids), Cabbage Patch Kids, Popsicle Pete, Chinese Checkers, Glow Worms (hug it & it would light up), Snuggle Bums, Rainbow Brite? Cartoons-Visionaries (these knights that could turn into animals), Insectaurs (it had these insect guys who were warriors), Humanoids, Brave Star (some guy is supposed to be the sheriff of a city & he had these powers like "strenghth of a bear!", psychic vision of an eagle & the speed of a puma or whatever), Thundercats, Go Bots, & Silver Hawks? I also remember they had this toy series with these beasts & I think they each represented an element of Earth like Water or wood..I don't remember what they were called. I also remember Duran Duran, Boy George, Vanilla Ice & Madonna in her early years. Unfortunately, back then they had New Kids on the Block.
Anyone ever played Red Ass? It's a game we played in the schoolyard, throwing tennis balls against the wall &.. I forgot how it works, but for each penalty you would get a letter until it spelled Red Ass. People would end up against the wall & getting hit in the ass with the ball!

I'm probably the only one who hasn't seen or remember seeing all (but some) of the episodes of Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street or Halloween..back when horror movies were scary. However, I'm sure we all feared the Boogey Man! Man, Halloween is coming up..I miss those days

btw Duddy isn't ring pop that candy they had on those rings?

God, I miss the old days..back when life was simpler & most of our life was fun & play..thank you for making me remember..