Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Obama sends a letter.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Sic Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 309,074
Obama sends a letter.

Nine letters that the former president wrote to McNear, his college girlfriend, are now part of the collection of Emory University's Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives and Rare Book Library in Atlanta, Georgia, available to researchers. They were written after Obama had transferred from Occidental College in California to Columbia University in New York City.

Emory's Stuart A. Rose Manuscript
Hmmm, what does the former president think about these letters going public?
McNear, a fellow student from Occidental, grew closer to Obama when she spent the summer of 1982 in New York. The letters begin when McNear returned to school on the opposite side of the country.

The letters reveal a few things about Obama: He had beautiful penmanship, and he was eloquent and charismatic even then.

To put it more bluntly, he was one smooth customer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Oh well ill put this in news

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 2,720
wut
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

I just find it fascinating that Obama corresponds with old lovers.

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...tm_source=mpcs
Just cant believe how many storms they gonna throw at us

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Oct. 27 (UPI) -- Facebook on Friday said it is going to start requiring buyers of political advertisements to verify their identities and disclose who paid for the ads.

The move brings Facebook political ads in line with federal requirements on political ads in print and broadcast.

Under current U.S. law, digital platforms like Facebook, Google and Twitter aren't required to disclose who buys political ads the way more traditional media are required to like television and radio.

Facebook, along with other social media and tech companies, has come under scrutiny over the past year possibly for being a vehicle for Russian cyberinterference in American elections.

"When it comes to advertising on Facebook, people should be able to tell who the advertiser is and see the ads they're running, especially for political ads," a blog post by Facebook Vice President of Ads Rob Goldman said.

Going forward, Facebook users will be able to click on a "Paid for by" disclosure on a political ad to see who paid for it, the blog post said.

"For political advertisers that do not proactively disclose themselves, we are building machine learning tools that will help us find them and require them to verify their identity," Goldman added.

Users also will be able to see all political ads for four years, how much was spent on the ads, how many impressions the ads received and the demographic information for the audience reached by the ad.

It's not just political advertising that Facebook is tweaking. The company said it also will allow users to click on a button called "View ads" in order to see all ads created by a specific page. Previously, not all users may have seen ads created by a specific page if they weren't part of the intended target for the ads.

Katherine Haenschen, assistant professor in Virginia Tech's Department of Communication, said she advocates a law requiring all tech companies to disclose who is buying ads and how much they're spending as well as who the ads are targeting.

She told UPI that such a law would bring "transparency to process that we don't currently have

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Oh, they are airing too many cooks on adult swim thank dark Messiah for that one

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Check this one out DM

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2gMjJNGg9Z8

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10
JeNn_DeViLz
IcE qUeEn

JeNn_DeViLz is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Simon View Post
Oh, they are airing too many cooks on adult swim thank dark Messiah for that one
My gf HATES that video! I love it. Too many cooks will spoil the broth! What was the stuffed cats name that was on there. Scarf?
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

I believe its snarf

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #12
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Many prominent MMA fighters say you have to be willing to die in the cage in order to compete. On Friday, one fighter did.

Middleweight CJ Hancock, 32, said he died in the cage and needed to be revived by paramedics after collapsing to the ground during a fight at the Legacy Fighting Alliance event at Arena Theatre in Houston Friday night.

Hancock, who collapsed during the second round, said his heart stopped and he suffered kidney failure but is now "okay," the fighter wrote in a Facebook post published late Friday night.

"Well I died tonight in the cage.... I'm okay. Thanks everyone. I'll reply when I can," Hancock wrote. "My heart stopped, and I had kidney failure, they did cpr and hit me with the EKG twice and brought me back."

Old 1 Week Ago   #13
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

New York Daily News
NEWS
SUBSCRIBE
SECTIONS
Tweet
email
NEXT ARTICLE
Teen shot dead by cop reported himself in 911 call
BY JESSICA CHIA
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Tuesday, November 14, 2017, 13 AM

Tweet

email
14-year-old Jason Pero was shot by police on Nov. 8, 2017 on the Bad River Lapointe Reservation in Wisconsin.
14-year-old Jason Pero was shot by police on Nov. 8, 2017 on the Bad River Lapointe Reservation in Wisconsin. (NATIVE LIVES MATTER VIA FACEBOOK)
A teenager shot dead by a cop was revealed to be the 911 caller who reported himself as a knife-wielding male on a Wisconsin reservation, investigators said.

Jason Pero, 14, refused numerous commands to drop a butcher knife and lunged at Ashland County Sheriff’s Deputy Brock Mrdjenovich before he was fatally shot Wednesday, according to the state Department of Justice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Pero, who was treated at the scene, later died at the hospital.

Mrdjenovich was responding to a call describing an armed, 300-pound male on Maple Street at 11:40 a.m. Investigators now say Jason, who fit the description, made the call himself, WKOW reported.

According to the state division of criminal investigations, the teen had been despondent in the days leading up to the call.

Jason, who was raised by his grandparents Alan and Cheryl Pero, returned home from school on Wednesday with the flu.

Family member said Jason didn't have "one mean bone in his body."
Family member said Jason didn't have "one mean bone in his body." (WDIO.COM)
He had been lying on the couch, watching TV while nursing a 7-Up before he got up and left. His uncle, who was doing laundry at the time, thought he went outside to throw up.

Comparisons.org
PAID CONTENT BY COMPARISONS.ORG

New Rule for Florida Drivers
His family members were unsure why he was armed with a knife, saying Jason “never had one mean bone in his body.”

"He got murdered out in front of the house here," Jason’s grandfather Alan Pero said. "He's a boy. There's warning shots. There's Tasers. There's pepper spray. You don't go right on a 14-year-old kid and go for the kill zone."

Mrdjenovich, who has worked for the sheriff’s office for a year, has been placed on paid administrative leave.

With News Wire Services

DAILY NEWS COVERS
NY Daily News Covers
© Copyright 2017 NYDailyNews.com. All rights reserved.

Advertisement

Last edited by Sic Simon; 1 Week Ago at 19:51.
Old 1 Week Ago   #14
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Where were the non lethals?

Old 4 Days Ago   #15
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Emerging rapper Lil Peep has died of a suspected drug overdose, according to multiple reports.

Lil Peep, born Gustav Ahr, died at the age of 21 on Wednesday night after he was found unresponsive on his tour bus, a spokesperson for the Tucson Police Department confirmed to the Daily News.

Lil Peep‘s exact cause of death is still unknown, but is presumed to be from an overdose, most likely from Xanax, Tucson PD spokesperson, Sgt. Pete Dugan, told The News.

Just before 9 p.m., a 911 call was made after a manager, who hadn’t seen Lil Peep in several hours, went to check on him on his tour bus outside The Rock club where he was scheduled to perform last night.