Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page So this is a forum for creativity, right?

Old 02-16-15   #1
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,469,694
So this is a forum for creativity, right?

So my friend and I are doing a podcast. I figured I'd throw it out to you fine folks and hope you're able to keep an open mind. You see, I've never been shy about my love of Dawson's Creek, so we decided to record a podcast where we provide a live commentary track to a random episode of Dawson's Creek every week. We try to be funny, and I'd like to think we are moderately successful sometimes. But mainly we need feedback... and twitter followers. (@talkindawson)

www.creekoftheweek.com is the website

we are also on itunes if that's your preferred method: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...6103?mt=2&ls=1

So if listening to 2 guys in their mid to late 30s comment on a show from the nineties marketed to teen girls is your thing, you might be interested?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-15   #2
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,418
Uh YES. I will listen. I've made no secret of my love of The Creek, and that is the first thing we ever had in common. The less rapey bit on my part is that I was a pre-teen girl when it started, ergo not an adult.

Oh Mitch... I'll never let go.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-16-15   #3
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

They're all on Netflix.Would it be lame if I watched the episode in tandem with your podcast? I've been meaning to delve back into the trials and tribulations of Capeside. Did you know my car was in the spring break episode when they filmed in Myrtle Beach? When you get to that one, keep an eye out.

Old 02-16-15   #4
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 2,048
This does sound like a fascinating way to waste an hour of my life.
Old 02-16-15   #5
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

Listening along with the show is kinda the intended way of consuming it, though I realize that isn't possible for most people.

Also, it's no longer on netflix in the US, is it still in the UK? Cuz if so I will make mention of that on the next ep.

Old 02-16-15   #6
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

I didn't know they removed it from us Netflix. I'll use a streaming site instead. I've yet to purchase the box set.

Old 02-16-15   #7
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

I'm missing season 6 but have the first five. I think you can get the box set for like $33 now. WORTH IT!

Old 02-17-15   #8
surreal

surreal is on a distinguished road
Credits: 105,127
I was actually doing a podcast for a few years about a game. If you want any protips and what not, let me know.

One thing I'll mention, there's a podcast called "Film Sack" that usually does "post-viewing" commentary on a Netflix show, but sometimes they do live tracks during the movie that you can play at the same time. I'm not saying "So why are you doing this too?" Nah, you need to study those that do what you do for ideas. And those guys do some quality podcasting.

I'll give you a listen at work tomorrow, although can't watch at the same time, but whatever.
Old 02-18-15   #9
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal View Post
I was actually doing a podcast for a few years about a game. If you want any protips and what not, let me know.

One thing I'll mention, there's a podcast called "Film Sack" that usually does "post-viewing" commentary on a Netflix show, but sometimes they do live tracks during the movie that you can play at the same time. I'm not saying "So why are you doing this too?" Nah, you need to study those that do what you do for ideas. And those guys do some quality podcasting.

I'll give you a listen at work tomorrow, although can't watch at the same time, but whatever.
Film Sack is a frogpants show, right? Haven't listened to that one but I listen to a bunch of other podcasts Scott does. Big fan of his work.

Old 02-18-15   #10
surreal

Yeah. I can tell you he is a great guy too. I think film sack is his best show. Give it a go.
Old 02-18-15   #11
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

I was actually thinking of sponsoring a segment of his Morning Stream podcast for $10 as a way to promote our show, seems like a fair price.

Old 02-18-15   #12
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 2,048
This seems relevant I guess.
Old 02-18-15   #13
surreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g View Post
I was actually thinking of sponsoring a segment of his Morning Stream podcast for $10 as a way to promote our show, seems like a fair price.
Definitely is. You'll probably get a lot of traffic too. I suggest writing something that would be really funny to hear Brian say in that goofy ass promo voice he does.
Old 02-18-15   #14
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal View Post
Definitely is. You'll probably get a lot of traffic too. I suggest writing something that would be really funny to hear Brian say in that goofy ass promo voice he does.
That's the plan. So have you been to/going to a nerdtacular? Sounds like a blast.

Old 02-18-15   #15
surreal

I've thought about it. I was in Utah during one but I was on business. I have a lot of friends in that community. Would like to meet them
Old 02-18-15   #16
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

Well it's cool to find another fan outside of the community, your taste is commendable.

Old 02-19-15   #17
surreal

That's correct. My taste is commendable.