Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Vegetarianism

Old 04-25-13   #181
Teetowl
Face in the Mist

Teetowl is on a distinguished road
Credits: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearwitch View Post
Maybe it'll help if you stop hanging around idiots?
It's not so much hanging out with them thats the issue its just.. there everywhere..
Old 04-26-13   #182
neonwraith
Voice of Unerring Reason

neonwraith
Credits: 108,935
Idiots are sadly everywhere. I highly recommend the book Vegistan. It's all about Pakistani, Indian and Bangladeshi vegi food. It's got some really cool vegi recipies.

Neon
As much as if the deed were done.

If wishing damns us, you and I
Are damned to all our hearts content.
Come then we may at least enjoy
Some pleasure for our punishment..."

Sir Thomas More
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13   #183
neonwraith
Voice of Unerring Reason

neonwraith
Credits: 108,935
Idiots are sadly everywhere. I highly recommend the book Vegistan. It's all about Pakistani, Indian and Bangladeshi vegi food. It's got some really cool vegi recipies.

Neon
As much as if the deed were done.

If wishing damns us, you and I
Are damned to all our hearts content.
Come then we may at least enjoy
Some pleasure for our punishment..."

Sir Thomas More
Old 04-26-13   #184
Clearwitch
Runaway
Overlord

Clearwitch is on a distinguished road
Credits: 237,448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetowl View Post
It's not so much hanging out with them thats the issue its just.. there everywhere..
I don't know, I've never had problems with people forcefeeding me things I don't like. I don't eat mushrooms, ever, I hate that spongy feel, I always pick them out. Nobody's ever said a word about it, except maybe my mom.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-28-13   #185
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Lenina will become famous soon enough
Credits: 375,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teetowl View Post
Going to write you a little joyous essay on this subject...

I am a peskitaran <<<Insert correct spelling in your mind here
And a freegan (I will eat meat if it is out of a bin OR being thrown away so the animal has not died in vain, Yus I am guilty of bin diving free food! Meat dose give me the shits now though my tummy REALLY struggles to the point my ass spits at the toilet)

I will take this into many different sections for you to bobble your mind over but all based on views I own and some things you may not of thought about or knew about.

I eat fish that has not been farmed and 99% fish which has not been overly farmed,
I don't really like the idea of the way our farm animals are treat so try my best to reduce or not eat at all

Eggs
Dairy
Meat
Fish

One thing I just cant reduce cause It's just too god dam hard

Cheese

I have read on here arguments of free range which many people think is better... this is not nessarly true I used to goto farms back in Nottinghamshire and find ones that have some chickens running around outside I would WANT/DEMAND to go with the farmer the first time round to collect the egg from the chickens and see them in there barns.. sounds OTT? No it really is not the amount of farms I found that had grim environments claiming to be free range was quite a shock.

Would you Nom the shit out of one of these chicky poos? Or how about some Chick Period?

There is also some problems with how long hens lay eggs for? What happens when that hen is having its menopause as a female if I started my menopause I would not want to be chopped up for it!
Chickens are one of the most abused animals on this planet if not THE most abused

Ok, So let's pretend all animals are treat with amazing joyful ways all is well with there treatment or it might be you don't give a shit... The next problem which comes is this..

How are we feeding these animals?

It is believed that around the size of a football field of amazon rainforest is chopped down every second it is also believed that more than 90% of the space since 1970 is used for livestock pastures

You have to consider that 16 pound of grain is equivalent to creating ONE pound of beef.

Have you ever herd of any death of a cow due to starvation in a farm? Why is it that a child dies of hunger every 2.3 seconds? Sounds a little messed up. It is argued that over 700 million tons of grain is fed to live stock per year.. which is supposedly able to solve world hunger 14 times over.

So lets look at how overwhelming and how shocking it is to create beef.

1 hector of land can produce potatoes for 22 people.. Beef for 1 person see how this is just insane!

19,737 Liters are needed to create one pound of beef. I would not like to carry that amount of water somewhere would you?

There is another argument too... Greenhouse gases, I do think its also a bit crappy of us as a apparently "higher than thou species" to not give a crap about a cow till it farts but here we go..
Out of all the trucks, cars, aeroplanes, taxes on petrol so on.. Meat makes the MOST greenhouse gases 40% more than transportation.. so them nutty science wackos say.

Livestock in the USA alone managed to crap out 130 times more than the human population in the world. THATS A LOT OF POOP! I read that if people in the USA had one meat free day a week it be the equivalent of taking 8 million cars off USA road..

Ok.. So still don't give a toss? OR you do but just can't cook for shit.

Seitan and learning how to cook is the way forward! I found since I quit meats my tastebuds changed, my sense of smell and general happiness I no longer feel exhausted when I wake up in the morning! my depression has decreased it is has been quite strange ride the past 2 years.

So MOCK DUCK also known as seitan is created from vital wheat gluten you can create some amazing types of mock meats with this.. Ok so my BBQ ribz came out like bread the other days but it don't always happen in such a way I made some fantastic burgers which were very convincing

IS IT MEAT?

I have not quite mastered vital wheat gluten to the quality of Japanese restaurants around here but I think its a really big eye opener since I discovered it..

There is also Tofu and Quorn which I am sure you have all herd of.
Yeah some veggy stuff tastes like cardboard turd lips that I don't think I would even feed to my dog but there is stuff out there that is not only quite convincing but also very tasty. It also depends on how long you cook it and best of all if you're a festival goer like me then fear not of food poisoning!

Mushroom are a good meaty substitute if I cannot be simply arsed/unable to offered any fancy fake meat I always go with the shrooms!

Ok I am going to do a post separately from this with some recipes including a Vegan Cake/ Cookies
So those ribs look better than the ones you bbq'd the other week.

I still ate them though. They weren't too bad.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You'll never understand it
Try to buy and brand it
I win, you lose, cause it's my job
To keep punk rock elite
Old 04-29-13   #186
Teetowl
Face in the Mist

Teetowl is on a distinguished road
Credits: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
So those ribs look better than the ones you bbq'd the other week.

I still ate them though. They weren't too bad.
I DID say id screwed um up!
Old 12-29-14   #187
Mia~ow
Dark Misanthrope

Mia~ow will become famous soon enoughMia~ow will become famous soon enough
Credits: -2,725
Still vegetarian
Old 02-10-15   #188
Metagion
Judgement At Last!

Metagion will become famous soon enough
Credits: 114,654
I'm considering it, but I'd want to do it right and not get sick.
Old 02-10-15   #189
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 1,945
As someone who is too lazy and lacking self-control to give up meat, but still thinks meat-eating is kinda vaguely bad, I've started to shift away from eating mammals because in general they're smarter and just seem more us-like I guess. Also chicken is hella cheap and kind of my preferred meat I guess?

But maybe there's an argument that beef produces less net suffering since you require so many fewer animals to die per pound.
Old 02-10-15   #190
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 1,945
As someone who is too lazy and lacking self-control to give up meat, but still thinks meat-eating is kinda vaguely bad, I've started to shift away from eating mammals because in general they're smarter and just seem more us-like I guess. Also chicken is hella cheap and kind of my preferred meat I guess?

But maybe there's an argument that beef produces less net suffering since you require so many fewer animals to die per pound.
Old 02-13-15   #191
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

I have been a vegan for over a year now, I must say its done me the world of good! Not only that I have lost a load of weight, I feel better and, to top it all off, I am not contributing to the torture, rape, murder and exploitation of innocent sentient beings.

All the weight loss and better health is one of the perks of living a compassionate lifestyle, fuck man, I even forgive Moo after all that shit because I totally have turned a corner with my lovely vegan lifestyle.

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 02-13-15   #192
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

I have been a vegan for over a year now, I must say its done me the world of good! Not only that I have lost a load of weight, I feel better and, to top it all off, I am not contributing to the torture, rape, murder and exploitation of innocent sentient beings.

All the weight loss and better health is one of the perks of living a compassionate lifestyle, fuck man, I even forgive Moo after all that shit because I totally have turned a corner with my lovely vegan lifestyle.

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite