Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Quote:love

Old 10-19-01   #61
Vashti
damn sexy

Vashti is on a distinguished road
Credits: 8,360
"love, above all, is the gift of oneself.."
"love is like underwear...it creeps up on you"
"love is a battlefeild"
"love is self gratification"
"love is a lie"
"love is truth"
"love is a bottle of vodka and some Beehtoven"
"love is the melding of egos"
"love is a bottle of booze and sobbing to The Cure"
"love is ..lust..infatuation..adoration and obsession all rolled into one"
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-01   #62
VelvetPattens
General Board Voyeur

VelvetPattens
Credits: 44,838
Re: Re: Re: I knew it!

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonMan

You know what Velvet!? You´re probably right. I seem to fall in love (or more correctly, a form of confused semi-love...) to often and at the same time I´m very picky about the qualitys of the woman. Actually I recently defined it like this: I expect so much and have a hard time making comprimizes. You know, hoping to find the perfect one. Then I would have to be the "perfect" one for someone else, and that´s totally inpossible.
Thank you for changing your post color. Much easier to read

First of all, compromises are extremely necessary in a relationship. Without compromises you've got one person giving up everything for the other. That doesn't lead to a healthy relationship... more like Co-dependancy.

And honestly? How long would you be happy with someone like that? The differences between a couple are as important as the things you have in common. It's what makes things interesting.

Maybe you should just be looking for a woman who loves you, and is willing to work with you on making you both happy... rather than looking for somone who fits all the 'criteria' you think is important in a woman.

Kat
Old 10-22-01   #63
Melodia
love at first sight

Melodia is on a distinguished road
Credits: 6,692
i've never been in love, but i sometimes wonder, when i see my friends that are dating and say they're in love, if they really are. then they break up and to them, it's like the whole world is crashing down around them. and i just wonder that if that wasn't real love and it hurt them that much, then what would it feel like if you really were in love and it ended?
Old 10-22-01   #64
Edge
Soi.

Edge is on a distinguished road
Credits: 100,046
Re: Quote:love

Quote:
Originally posted by Sik Simon
Phillisophic quotation on love by Sik Simon. "Love is like a religion with no god."
Most likely true..
I’ve gotta say what I wanna say
Your face doesn’t show your fighting pose.
Old 10-23-01   #65
MoonMan
Lurks in the Shadows

MoonMan
Credits: 3,053
The big mistery

Quote:
Originally posted by VelvetPattens

Thank you for changing your post color. Much easier to read

First of all, compromises are extremely necessary.....

Maybe you should just be looking for a woman who loves you...

Kat
Excause the bad spelling on my previous post. I was shitfaced at the time. Anyway, yeah right...I have been with women who loved me, and I loved them back, but!!! In the end it mostly came down to differences in personality, and after a while I just couldn´t breathe (and vice versa). I know the most important thing is love, but it´s so f...g hard to find someone who`s also mentally compatible. Maybe it seems I have very high expectations but on the other hand I really don´t think it´s too much. I want some one who´s intelligent, kind, fun, fairly goodlooking, somewhat artistic and open to different kinds of perspectives on the world. For example, I consider myself a fairly intelligent and sensitive person who enjoyes the same nice and good ("light") things in life as most people, though from time to time I need to nourish my "dark" side. Now, the women seems either to be so deep into darkness (like the last one) that I drown or they think I´m soooo very childish. What!?! I really think I´ve succeeded to intergrate both light and dark.
Here´s a wierd poem trying to explain:

I want white
I like black
I´m grey
Looking for grey
Only finds grey
Want to make it white
Always turns black

Well, I don´t know, maybe this all sounds like a load of crap.

Last edited by MoonMan; 10-23-01 at 22:00.
Old 10-26-01   #66
VelvetPattens
General Board Voyeur

VelvetPattens
Re: The big mistery

Quote:

Excause the bad spelling on my previous post. I was shitfaced at the time. Anyway, yeah right...I have been with women who loved me, and I loved them back, but!!! In the end it mostly came down to differences in personality, and after a while I just couldn´t breathe (and vice versa). I know the most important thing is love, but it´s so f...g hard to find someone who`s also mentally compatible.

Well, I don´t know, maybe this all sounds like a load of crap.
Nope, it doesn't sound like crap...

I tend to be a very optimistic person - Not very 'dark' at all... My boyfriend, on the other hand, tends to be very moody, and dark. When he gets into those moods, I just leave him alone. That way he's got the time alone that he needs. On the other hand, during the times that I'm depressed or upset, he makes a point of being there for me with a hug or whatever else I might need.

We have alot of things in common, but we're very different in personality, in many ways. Aside from his 'dark' personality, he's incredibly intelligent - I'm not moron, but he is much more intelligent than I am. We've had to compromise on meals, on music, on television shows (although that not as often) and on his uncontrollable longing for a human skull to put on his desk (that was a tough compromise to arrange) among other things. We've been together for almost 4 years now, in spite of the differences.. and friends for 6 years. If we weren't able to compromise on the differences between us, we wouldn't have been able to make this relationship work. It isn't always easy... but it's been worth it. He's my best friend, as well as being my love. And that hasn't changed in all this time - If anything, it's grown stronger. Love isn't an illusion, and it can work. I know that, personally. If you look for it, and work at it, you can find it.

Kat
Old 10-30-01   #67
MoonMan
Lurks in the Shadows

MoonMan
Back on da horse! Well, trying to...

Quote:
Originally posted by VelvetPattens

Nope, it doesn't sound like crap...

Kat

Cool Kat!
Hey, don´t dis your intellect. I know, I´m the same way too. Anyway, thanx a bunch for all your views, it´s greatly appreciated.
By the way, I like the thing about the human scull *lol*. I got one (in plastic) on my TV set and an alien scull on a speaker, raaahaha! Tell him I know how he feels....

Peace!!!

DaMoonMan

:greenalie

Old 10-31-01   #68
VelvetPattens
General Board Voyeur

VelvetPattens
Re: Back on da horse! Well, trying to...

Quote:

Cool Kat!
Hey, don´t dis your intellect. I know, I´m the same way too. Anyway, thanx a bunch for all your views, it´s greatly appreciated.
By the way, I like the thing about the human scull *lol*. I got one (in plastic) on my TV set and an alien scull on a speaker, raaahaha! Tell him I know how he feels....
I'm not dissing my intellect - I'm not a genius, but I'm not an idiot either... I just know that my intellect doesn't equal his. Fortunately I'm smart enough to know it, so I tend to stay out of situations/conversations where I'd be over my head.

As to the skulls, I wouldn't mind a plastic one. He wants a real one (ick) The compromise we've reached is that he has to keep it in his office. No way I want someone's bones sitting around where anyone (especially me) can see them on a daily basis. As a compromise, I can live with that

Kat
Old 11-04-01   #69
~:fAllen sTar :~
The Almighty Dark Star

~:fAllen sTar :~
Credits: 28,227
love is a rose that stands never wilitng

evilangel...i dunno why anything i say sounds liek you or your b/f ...maybe i am you...or your b/f...but i doubt that cuz im me...anyways.....

love is a rose in which we so blindedly hold on too never realizing the bleeding and pain its thorn gives us until the pedals fall and a jagged twig is all thats left, yet goes on the pain for we take that twig and we treat it as if it were a child, and we replant it and try to grow it as vibrant and silky pedals as before yet fails does this, so again and again does one try until finally that jagged twig blossems into the most beautiful flower of them all, and all the pain that was once stabbing at the heart becomes lifted. The many but few people who find such paradise are in my book considered the luckiest of em all in this never ending garden where love is rose that stands never wilting.

"one does not apreciate bliss until theyve known pain, and one does not know pain until theyve experienced bliss"
Old 11-26-01   #70
DeeeeShevil
Real Deshy

DeeeeShevil is on a distinguished road
Credits: 67,924
"love illuminates our lives. when its rays cease to shine into our days, we are nothing."

"love is eternal. that is its terror and its final beauty. love never ends. the joy may go out of it, and, in time even the pain may end. but it lingers likes a living thing and follows you every moment of your life." just thought i share that
Old 11-26-01   #71
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Sic Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 311,641
That was beautiful, elaborate and beautiful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-01   #72
MoonMan
Lurks in the Shadows

MoonMan
I STAND CORRECTED!!!

I met an angel.
A beautiful, sexy, perverted and crazy girl whit a hot temperament.
And yet so kind, supporting and understanding.
We found eachother and literally didn´t get out of bed for 3 days. She´s totally devoted to me and we´ve hardly been separated at all during the month since we got together.

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL!

(though ofcourse, it really fucks up your mind)

:p :greenalie

Old 12-11-01   #73
GemsaMay
just me

GemsaMay
Credits: 37,352
well..

Love confuses me, eats me, chews me, and spits me out.. every time I think I am in love.. its like "this time, its really it.. I am really in love this time... this one is special" then we break up and I meet someone new and feel like an idiot because I don't know if I was in love with the last one of if I love this one... but I was watching a show about it... this kid (about 17) just broke up with his GF and he thought he was in love.. he was talking to an old man about it.. all the man said was "don't worry.. you are young, you have time to fall in and out of love before you do it right" it made me think... everyone thinks they are in love at some point.. but young people fall in love.. then they change.. young people are always changing.. and love changes with them.. some people say teens are too young to fall in love.. I think we are mature enough to fall in love... but we change too much to stay in love... it'll happen some day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-13-02   #74
Phage
Masticator

Phage is on a distinguished road
Credits: 39,818
Love is ......................

My friend:
In my opinion, love itself is a god - a representative of god or an avatar as such. For example, if you are full of love, and are able to love anyone, you are like a god yourself.

He's very observant... at times.
Old 06-19-14   #75
Sic Simon
Permanently Banned

Sic Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 311,641
How the he'll is this in 2001 but somehow on a lower number page? Ok folks we have seemed to encountered a time loop