Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page the moderators here are racist

Old 08-25-07   #161
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 2,059
Queen broke an international boycott on apartheid South Africa, playing at the notorious Sun City hotel. It might be unfairly stated; the band never promoted racism, it just condoned it through it's actions. Of course, the US still condones plenty of racist, sexist, religiously intolerant and generally murderous dictatorships around the World, so glass houses and all that, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd View Post
More than a single I am afraid.

Project Schoolyard USA

keep that cognitive dissonance up.
It's funny you should bring the discussion around to tricks of psychology.

Now, I have not anywhere claimed that there were no hardcore, white-hating racist motherfuckers making rap. I don't think any rational being could claim that. I'm sure that you wouldn't try to argue with the fact that, likewise, there are many punk and metal and other bands that are lyrically violent white supremacists. But the thing to keep in mind is that these are the fringe elements. Any free society will have fringe elements. I ran into people handing out flyers on the street trying to promote a hippie version of communism and talking about how we had to get rid of the economy and give children the vote. When you give people free expression, some of them are going to express stupid and hateful ideas. That's natural.

The important point is that this usually just the fringe. You shouldn't be surprised that there are violently racist extremes in any group, should you? The question then becomes; why would you include the lyrics of groups that are clearly in such a fringe, having no mainstream success and having achieved no real degree of fame, if your point is to prove that mainstream rap is racist? Why? Why do these lists include lyrics from these groups that can't possibly further their argument?

Because it's a propaganda trick. Pure and simple.

The following lyric by Ice-T;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-T
"Now I'm black but black people trip 'cause white people like me; white people like me I but don't like them. . . . I don't hate whites, I just gotta death wish for motherfuckers that ain't right";
Is very questionably racist. While it's very far removed from being politically correct, it's not clearly saying anything negative about white people; it's open to a number of interpretations. But... if you surround it with lyrics like the following;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace Clan
"I kill a devil right now. . . . I say kill whitey all nightey long. . . .I stabbed a fucking Jew with a steeple. . . . I would kill a cracker for nothing, just for the fuck of it. . . . Menace Clan kill a cracker; jack 'em even quicker. . . . catch that devil slipping; blow his fucking brains out";
You begin to establish patterns, as the brain is designed to see patterns, and you assume the worst possible interpretation. Consider the video of violent clips involving black people involved previously; one of those clips was a black man who had just been struck by a motorcycle, bleeding from the mouth and lying on the ground, obviously in a state of shock, and other black people stopping, one of them trying to wipe away his blood with a shirt. There was nothing at all to indicate anything sinister about it- taken in isolation. But it's sandwiched between images of black schoolgirls attacking smaller asian schoolgirls, and a couple of black teenagers beating each other up. It's a simple propaganda trick designed to make you jump to the worst conclusions. If you don't have enough evidence, get some filler and sandwich it into between stronger or at least more pyschologically intimidating images. 9/11 conspiracies use this idea and spooky music to trick gullible people. Country lawyers use this technique to make a Metallica t-shirt evidence in a murder trial.

As to the given lyrics, the first one I checked out, Bone Thugs, the song actually didn't contain the lyrics given on the website you linked. I'm going to stop taking white supremacist arguments seriously now.
Old 08-25-07   #162
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,223
Yeah, I don't hate niggers, I just love to watch motherfuckers who are inferior rot away in ghettos.

Thats not racist either right?
Old 08-25-07   #163
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Messiah View Post
The important point is that this usually just the fringe. You shouldn't be surprised that there are violently racist extremes in any group, should you? The question then becomes; why would you include the lyrics of groups that are clearly in such a fringe, having no mainstream success and having achieved no real degree of fame, if your point is to prove that mainstream rap is racist? Why? Why do these lists include lyrics from these groups that can't possibly further their argument?

Fringe...??? Some of those lyrics won Grammies. That is not very fucking fringe. The Grammies are pretty fucking mainstream.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-07   #164
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,453
As a matter of fact the Grammies are the music industries Academy Awards.

It equates out to handing out a national award to a movie all about killing whites for fun and revenge. Which, hell, if it was a good movie, why not? Because you sure as shit would not see an award handed out to a movie with its roles reversed. Same goes for the Grammies. Black Artists promoting racism are given awards.

You seem to forego the facts though and promote some delusional ideal. Which is fine.

I just think that music or entertainment which promotes anger, hatred, and bigotry should be equally handled irregardless of its origin.

S.O.D.

Old 08-25-07   #165
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 2,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd View Post
Yeah, I don't hate niggers, I just love to watch motherfuckers who are inferior rot away in ghettos.

Thats not racist either right?
No, actually, it's not. Hating a culture isn't racist, although plenty of people are happy to confuse the two. Likewise, hating a culture that practices and condones civil rights abuses against black people isn't the same as hating white people, even though the latter culture may be made up almost entirely of whites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade View Post
Fringe...??? Some of those lyrics won Grammies. That is not very fucking fringe. The Grammies are pretty fucking mainstream.
Do I really have to keep explaining this? Some of those won awards, yes. Sieve the ones that did from the ones that no one's ever heard of and the argument that rap is crawling with racism becomes a lot less emotionally persuasive. That's the entire point. Did you even read my post? Should I bother continuing trying to explain things to you when you're so willfully intent on being ignorant?
Old 08-27-07   #166
Pyrric Dicktory
fuck off

Pyrric Dicktory is on a distinguished road
Credits: 86,393
when do the irish and muslums get to publicly influence mainstream culture and get away with it? if no on has noticed, any 15 year old girl knows the lyrics to "candyshop" by 50 cent and any other "mainstream top 40" hit. black culture has taken over. no longer is it the thing to do to have a family and work towards life, its about "slappin ho's" and "pop dat ass" am i the only dumbfuck, swingin cock who sees this?

JUST ME AND YOU FOREVER.............................
Old 08-29-07   #167
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,469,704
You are truly the master of observance, Pyrric. Obviously nobody else had noticed.

Old 04-11-13   #168
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

Sik Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 26,877
BUMP