Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Mayhem
Reload this Page (1012) Do you Belive Our World will End?

Old 08-29-10   #21
Pyrric
Moans in the Night

Pyrric is on a distinguished road
Credits: 3,169
depends, you want to look on the lunar calander, the jew cal (jewcal, new part of S california? hmm) the islam cal, the chinese cal, the myan cal, my cal? which

we're all dead walking, sorry

but how does the world end? man made plague, really i have a feeling. i am a betting man when ive been drinking but im usually wrong and i end up in a fight or scrap of some sort but when i get a gut feeling like this, it happens.

the real bet is which day will i start listening to myself? i give you 3:1 on sometime in may 2012, and ill bet you lunch tomarrow
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-10   #22
neonwraith
Voice of Unerring Reason

neonwraith
Credits: 109,035
Is it wrong that whilst 2012 holds no fear for me (although a mate of mine with a peter pan complex turns 40 on the day the world allegedly ends) I really hope it is correct because with the rise of fundamentalism, stupidity and reality tv celebrities, the apocolypse would be a blessing....

Neon
As much as if the deed were done.

If wishing damns us, you and I
Are damned to all our hearts content.
Come then we may at least enjoy
Some pleasure for our punishment..."

Sir Thomas More
Old 09-03-10   #23
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

Lenina will become famous soon enough
Credits: 375,069
They weren't talking about 2012, they were talking about 1012... Heh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You'll never understand it
Try to buy and brand it
I win, you lose, cause it's my job
To keep punk rock elite
Old 09-04-10   #24
neonwraith
Voice of Unerring Reason

neonwraith
Credits: 109,035
ahh my bad.... I didn't realise they were asking if the world was really going to end just shy of 1000 years ago.

obviously existance is an inadequate clue.

Neon
As much as if the deed were done.

If wishing damns us, you and I
Are damned to all our hearts content.
Come then we may at least enjoy
Some pleasure for our punishment..."

Sir Thomas More
Old 05-06-11   #25
snuggy
Moans in the Night

snuggy is on a distinguished road
Credits: 2,029
We are moving to the next era of evolution in 2012. There may be deaths due to calamities to balance the next evolution, but can’t really name it as end of world.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 05-07-11   #26
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

Sik Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 26,877
precisely, the end of the age of pisces, and the beginning of the age of aquarius. You guys are nuts, the world is fine.
Old 06-15-11   #27
Sik Simon
Ate God
Overlord

Sik Simon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 26,877
The 2011 end times prediction made by American Christian radio host Harold Camping stated that the Rapture and Judgment Day would take place on May 21, 2011

Think that's funny?

Following the failure of the prediction, media attention shifted to the response from Camping and his followers. On Sunday, May 22, Camping emerged briefly from his home, saying "Give me a day, no interviews today ... I've got to live with it, I've got to think it out."[15] He said he would make a public statement on Monday, May 23.[16][17] On May 23, Camping stated that May 21 had been a "spiritual" day of judgment, and that the physical Rapture would occur on October 21, 2011, simultaneously with the destruction of the universe by God.[18]

ROFL, what a nub.

Camping presented several numerological[24] arguments, or biblical "proofs", in favor of the May 21 end time. A civil engineer by training, Camping stated he had attempted to work out mathematically-based prophecies in the Bible for decades. In an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle he explained "... I was an engineer, I was very interested in the numbers. I'd wonder, 'Why did God put this number in, or that number in?' It was not a question of unbelief, it was a question of, 'There must be a reason for it.'

I want what he's on...

In 1970, Camping dated the Great Flood to 4990 BC.[26] Using this date, taking the statement in Genesis 7:4 ("Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth") to be a prediction of the end of the world, and combining it with 2 Peter 3:8 ("With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day"), Camping concluded that the end of the world would occur in 2011, 7000 years from 4990 BC.[8] Camping takes the 17th day of the second month mentioned in Genesis 7:11 to be May 21, and hence predicts the rapture to occur on this date.[8]

Camping was not precise about the exact timing of the event, saying that "maybe" we can know the hour
In Camping's book 1994?, self-published in 1992, he predicted that the End Times would come in September 1994 (variously reported as September 4[23] or September 6[30]). When the Rapture failed to occur on the appointed day, Camping said he had made a mathematical error.[31]

In a 2001 pamphlet, Camping asserted that believers should "flee the church", resigning from any church they belong to, because the "Church Age" is over and the "Great Tribulation" has begun
A group of Christians set up a website called "RaptureFail" with the stated intention of undermining "this embarrassment to the Body of Christ."

Evolutionary biologist and atheist Richard Dawkins dismissed Camping's prediction, writing that "he will inevitably explain, on May 22nd, that there must have been some error in the calculation, the rapture is postponed to ... and please send more money to pay for updated billboards."

Camping's prediction and his promotion of it via his radio network and other promotional means spread the prediction globally,[24] which led believers and non-believers to a variety of actions. Some followers of Camping gave up their jobs, sold their homes, stopped investing in their children's college funds and spent large sums promoting Camping's claims.[41]

On May 19, 2011, the search term "end of the world may 21st" reached second position on Google Trends, based on the popularity of the search term in the United States. The related searches "Harold Camping", "May 21 doomsday", and "May 21 rapture" were also represented among the top 10 positions.[42] The New York Police Department stated: "We don't plan any additional coverage for the end of the world. Indeed, if it happens, fewer officers will be required for streets that presumably will be empty."

Talk about desensitized cops XD

In 2010, Marie Exley of Colorado Springs made news by purchasing advertising space in her locality, promoting the alleged Rapture date on a number of park benches.[44] After that, more than 3,000[45] "Judgment Day" billboards were erected at locations across the world, including in Ghana, the Dominican Republic, Tanzania, Ethiopia, Lesotho, Jamaica, the Philippines, Israel, Jordan and Lebanon.[46][47] Some people adorned their vehicles with the information.[48]

Family Radio spent over US$100 million on the information campaign, financed by sales and swap of broadcast outlets.[4

See what happens when you silly dumbasses start believing in shit like this?
Old 06-28-11   #28
Hicquodiam
Moans in the Night

Hicquodiam is on a distinguished road
Credits: 7,105
No clue. Probably, very probably, not

Old 08-02-11   #29
kvnchrist
Face in the Mist

kvnchrist is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,121
Everything comes to an end. If you believe our world begins at birth and ends at death. Where we go from there is up for interpretation. To me, life is energy and if energy can't be destroyed, only changed, then we have to go somewhere. I just hope the ones that I know don't follow me, wherever I end up. That would be pure Hell!
Old 08-09-11   #30
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

They reckon in a about 7 billion years our world will be destroyed. Doesn't bother me, I'll be long gone. SO will you unless yer a vampire.

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 10-12-11   #31
sid1789
Face in the Mist

sid1789 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,271
Again not read the entire post. I am new and need to reply to 10 posts before I can post my own subject (How did you come to that measurement?)

The 2012 Maya calendar thing is an interesting concept, but let's face it could be that the only dude that knew about it died there and then and nobody gave a shit. Come on people, look at our society today, how much do kids want to learn from us!? Just because it is in the past historians believe that things were different! FFS put me back several thousand years and my attitude towards would be the same.... I think we are full of shit and looking for escapism. It is so easy to come up with this kind theories, but the truth of it is ever since we have been about we have been driven by one thing and one thing only. Forget god, forget Lucifer, greed and power drives our inherant needs. So, the Mayan calandar... Could it just be that some old block died because he coudln't find a youngster to take the reins? How does that differ from today's society? Oh forgot we try and find excuses/reasons for everything when we should be concentrating on the actual truth of what now is!

Cheers
Old 10-19-11   #32
Lenina
Mad Kangaroo sex

I don't know why people get all freaked about the world ending, I mean, if it's going to end and we're all going to die, we may as well make the most of our time here. Why people worry about it I do not know, I worry about bills, my kids behaviour, if the lad I fancy liked the picture I sent of me in my underwear. The end of the world though? The furthest thing from my mind.
Mainly because there's no point in debating the inevitable or worrying about it. We'll all die one day, we're mortal, that's what we do so whether it be of cancer or the world being wiped out, we all cross that threshold.

I sound like a fucking hippie. I hate hippies.

Try to buy and brand it
To keep punk rock elite
Old 12-14-11   #33
efyfseo123
Face in the Mist

efyfseo123 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 852
ya sure the end is near..very soon coming next year..so enjoy every moment of life...
Old 02-19-12   #34
MainerMikeBrown
Feared by the Devil

MainerMikeBrown is on a distinguished road
Credits: 14,025
We know the world will come to an end someday, as the Sun will die a few billion of years from now.

However, will the world come to an end in my lifetime?

I don't think so. But even if their was some evidence that the world was going to be destroyed in my lifetime, I still wouldn't worry about it. After all, their's nothing I could do about it. So there's no point in worrying about it.

I don't want to worry my life away. It's too scary to worry about things I have no control over. I want to live my life to the fullest. Not doing so is too frightening!
Old 01-04-13   #35
MainerMikeBrown
Feared by the Devil

MainerMikeBrown is on a distinguished road
Credits: 14,025
I don't want to worry about the end of the world happening in my lifetime, only to have the world not end, since that would mean I've worried for nothing.

That would be a waste of time on my part.