Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Diablo III

Old 05-15-12   #1
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,469,704
Diablo III

Anyone playing DIII? Here's a review of it that echoes my thoughts exactly!

http://venturebeat.com/2012/05/15/wo...15-00-49-30-42

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-12   #2
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,453
Yeah they bombed launch day with a nuke

Well my brother bought it for me since I have a purchase ban against Blizzard, I will play, just not purchase another Blizzard product

So far, it is not so bad. Reminds me of a more colorful D2 without the Druid. Which made me sad, though the Witch Doctor has been fun, jars of spiders make me giggle.

Luckily I was not one of those that waited for 5 hours in line only to be locked out of the servers all day so that sour taste has not biased my gameplay lol

But I expected nothing more from Blizzard myself, they have the worst customer service and account security in the business.

I had to log off yesterday due to the server lag I was experiencing in a single player game. Perhaps in about a week Blizzard will get off its ass and purchase the 40 more servers they needed at launch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.

Old 05-18-12   #3
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

Never once had my WoW account hacked, of course I was smart enough to get an authenticator.

Old 05-19-12   #4
thefinalw0rd
SaxophoniusExtraordinaire

Location: To the back of the front of the middle, slightly to the right of the left.
thefinalw0rd is on a distinguished road
Credits: 138,566
Why blame Blizzard? Did Blizzard put a keylogger on your machine?

And what other company requires an authenticator to play games? Because they are required at this point. I've seen authentication systems like it before. It was when my uncle worked for Sony Ericson in the late 90s and needed it to access anything related to his work. What more could be done?
Old 05-19-12   #5
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalw0rd View Post
Why blame Blizzard? Did Blizzard put a keylogger on your machine?

And what other company requires an authenticator to play games? Because they are required at this point. I've seen authentication systems like it before. It was when my uncle worked for Sony Ericson in the late 90s and needed it to access anything related to his work. What more could be done?
Any other MMO I played would authenticate the account before allowing any characters to be moved or well, in this case they say it never existed. So hacked or them losing it I could not even begin to tell you. Authenticators are for companies who do not have account security at mind.

So, if you purchased a DVD went home and nothing was in it, took it back, was told to fuck off, you would still shop in said store??? This is how I felt, if they had been able to assure me, hey sorry your account was hacked and it is gone.... different story.... the account was shown to have never existed... my Diablo 2 battlenet account was still in existence and untouched...

With me, I was given shitty customer service by their company, as such I will not purchase any more products.

Someone tried to steal my EQ2 account, Sony locked it until they had callback authentication. Saved the account with just a little responsible account security.

S.O.D.

Old 05-19-12   #6
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Another example, all your information is stored on their servers, just as if you had stored some valuable items at a safety deposit box in a bank vault. Bank gets robbed, items get stolen from deposit box, bank insures it and you are compensated. Someone steals all of your stuff from Blizzard with their blessing, or not, and nothing is covered. Even though they have a perfectly well placed electronic trail to follow.

Plus, customer service is the face of any business, if it is shitty that business is guaranteed to lose customers.

Great game, but the shitty launch, and the fact that you have to log into a server to play a single player RPG is going to keep alot of people away from future titles.....

S.O.D.

Old 05-19-12   #7
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

I doubt blizz is losing sleep on their beds of money.

I've had a lot of friends get hacked and everyone had their accounts returned with all items and gold in tact. I don't know what your situation is but you must have caught the rep on a bad day or something.

Old 05-20-12   #8
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g View Post
I doubt blizz is losing sleep on their beds of money.

I've had a lot of friends get hacked and everyone had their accounts returned with all items and gold in tact. I don't know what your situation is but you must have caught the rep on a bad day or something.

I went up the chain of command, got me a certified manager type in charge of customer relations. When they investigated they asked me why I was complaining about my account when it did not exist, there was nothing to be taken. All of my past payments were wiped along with the entirety of the account. They have no past record of the account ever having been activated, this after giving them the Key Code from the original package.

I think, either they lost a server and are not confessing... lol.... or someone with some real good know how hacked the fuck outta it into non-existence lol....

Mind you I really did not care as I was not playing WoW anymore, I was actually logging on to my Diablo 2 battlenet account and just happened to notice my WoW info was gone.

S.O.D.

Old 05-20-12   #9
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

I suppose I could have sold my gold lol..... I did have lots of that.... I somehow end up fairly rich ingame in lots of these MMOs.

Anyone going to be trying The Secret World???

Gah, just noticed that D3 does not save your progress if you join anothers game. You just have to guess where you were before you joined, I hope they fix that.......

S.O.D.

Old 05-20-12   #10
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

Yeah that's kind of a pain, you have to start at the beginning of the quest you are on and cant hop to the checkpoint. That's why I try not to join someone's game unless I'd just finished a quest line.

Old 07-14-12   #11
ANGELHALF
Face in the Mist

ANGELHALF is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,345
I dont like fact that you have to go line to play the bloody thing. They should made it where you play it off line. thats no very smart of them. If I made a game it would have be flexible and user friendly. i dont have time for crap