Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page What Is More Effective, Meds Or Talk Therapy?

Old 05-20-12   #1
MainerMikeBrown
Feared by the Devil

MainerMikeBrown is on a distinguished road
Credits: 13,925
What Is More Effective, Meds Or Talk Therapy?

To me, psychotherapy is just as important when it comes to the treatment of mental illness as psychiatric medications are. But at the same time, I think that more often than not, the meds are more effective for treating those with mental illness because so many people who go into talk therapy won't do much to help themselves.

For those who do what they can to help improve their lives while seeking counseling, therapy can be just as effective as meds. But it's so much harder for shrinks to help people with psychotherapy for people who won't do much to help themselves.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12   #2
gypeWeeri
New Blood

gypeWeeri has disabled reputation
Credits: 940
mielno

Some hill supply fantastic snowfall issue quite usually but what direction to go when the problem turned into a tiny nip harder. Should of the incline grow to be organization and frozen once they don't have refreshing excellent skiing conditions on for a long time and possess been ski many times. The skis perimeters must be sharpened however this will never be ample to hold on snow. It is not easy for everyone to maintain your balance for this problem. A larger stance will assist you to be a little more dependable. In normal slope the gap between toes should about the same than your neck, about this case opt for tiny chunk more space between your feet. Include a decrease place to the by flexing your lower limbs and never your again. The athletic situation with all the belly (hard six pack or keg) kept caught is the best place in each and every circumstance. Now that you've the body steady, keep the make aiming down hill. Your uphill hands should level to the foot of the mountain. The waistline and the sides medicine separating between the lower and upper system. The account balance must be on the skiing who're from the away from the turn which indicate alpine at the conclusion of the turn. Once again it's all the identical approach you should have in each and every scenario yet crucial on these kinds of predicament. A activity out of your torso will outcome speedily to have your again facing down hill. mielno Be patient, attempting to place all your efforts at the conclusion of the turn will offer extra strain on your own snowboard butt and skid the snowboard over the snow, constructed your balance in the first place in the flip and spay out this vitality from the second the main use the end of the flip. At this time the skiing will hold about the snow it really is by now time to start your following change, the snowboard will not likely maintain you quite a while at same position in the same placement but if you alter from your small grasp to another one it enables you with additional hold. Count on rate and use the small level of snowfall on the incline to produce a consider slow down your progress. To obtain the appropriate image of this problem request a snowboard instructor that may help you get to your goal to enhance your strategy and experience more confident on this kind of ground. You will discover a snowfall expert online at Ski Professional Link.
Old 05-27-12   #3
chaddd2
No Limits

chaddd2 has disabled reputation
Credits: 1,036
Some people have a chemical imbalance and need medication to get “normal” while other people act and react according to their core beliefs “what they were taught or learned by observation” many “non-normal” people can re-learn how to behave we talk therapy. It requires them to be honest with them selves. Extremely hard to do when someone is listening. We have a tendency to put on a show for other people. “Not being honest” chemicals are not needed most the time.
Old 06-19-12   #4
MainerMikeBrown
Feared by the Devil

In my opinion, most people who put their best effort during treatment to overcome mental illness find talk therapy is just as helpful as the meds.
Old 06-23-12   #5
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
i'm a proponent of both, my experiences aren't for a mental issue though, more of a form of autism in my daughter, after almost ten years of both medication and therapy she's able to function with little more then a few therapy programs she gets at school, mostly helping her interact with her peers.

it's an experience that changed my opinion some, while medication seems to be the first thing people reach for, in some cases it's a necessity.
Old 07-27-12   #6
MainerMikeBrown
Feared by the Devil

I'm also a proponent of both meds and therapy. One without the other often doesn't work.
Old 07-31-12   #7
TheDarkPoet41
Face in the Mist

TheDarkPoet41 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,229
I currently take medication. They put me on one of the worst for my depression. However, I had the choice of therapy and I chose against it. I have a lot of dark thoughts floating around in my head and I prefer that no one has to experience them. I understand therapist are paid to keep the patient's confidenality but I still dont think its safe for me to discuss my emotions/thoughts with another human being.