Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Top 3 Reasons NOT to watch Anime

Old 01-25-06   #81
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,473
Meh.... impressions often are not correctly portrayed over the internet....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-06   #82
Lord-IVD
DM

Lord-IVD is on a distinguished road
Credits: 61,492
LOL !! Man THIS has had some awsome kicks and comebacks !!

Ok so I watch Anime and ..um yeah Ive been perdy fat for the last 6 years or so but the 2 are not related , Im NOT GAY ! , Im older then 13 ,an i havent dressed up as an Anime character YET ..I wana be MR.Satan Just once for halloween ! LOL ( I Look alot like him ! ,an he's cool !)

However There are plenty of places where Anime has had little impact and ppl dont think its cool ...Thats just the Money makers and advertisers at work MANY PPL I know Love ANIME and just wont talk about DragonBall Z or other of the HYPED Animes ! on Self's scale of 1-5 DBZ is a 3 ..Self watched it because it was the only thing on and stopped when it just got too stupid!

However I did buy a copy of My Neighbor Totoro .. Look it up and you will see it is hardly a pointless ,Yes it can suffer DUBBING ,an ya know that in a weird way can be part of the fun to anime ..I let my 9 year old stay up the other night because our copy of TOTORO is subtitled and she noticed that the Dubbed version that was playing on tv didnt sound right etc. But hey you want culture and your too lazy to learn all the needed laguages then you deal with Dubbing or if you like what your watching SUBTITLES or FAN SUBS is the way to go .

Hell ...Im an 80's Nerd ..I have no wish to be a Jap ! but I respect the MEDIUM of Animation be it Computer , or from Japan ! It has it's good and bad ..

What you should have been picking on here is the Culture angle that Why is Japan such a big deal right now ..course in alot of places in the states you have WHITE ppl trying to be BLACK ,Blacks trying to be White ,Whites trying to be Mexicain, it go's on and on WHAT EVER SELLS !!

Your one of thoose ppl who thinks ARCHIEs are Comic books ain'cha !

Dare ya ta watch GRAVE OF THE FIREFLYS ! and say the things you've said about anime

As for the Cos play WHY THE HELL NOT ! ? ! and more power to them its just a way for fans to have FUN ! you know nothing like VAMPIRE and DEMON WANABES hangging out at a creepy website and dressing in Black or anything !
Old 01-27-06   #83
ArSiNiK
beer 12fl.oz (355ml)

ArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these partsArSiNiK is infamous around these parts
Credits: 28,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-IVD
As for the Cos play WHY THE HELL NOT ! ? ! and more power to them its just a way for fans to have FUN !
dressing up like cartoon characters is only cool if a) you're under 12 and b) it's october 31st. any other time it's ghey to the infinity power.

Old 01-28-06   #84
xiaphon
Perfection Personified

xiaphon is on a distinguished road
Credits: 58,078
I wondered where this thread moved to.

Should've guessed it'd be in the bitch board, I suppose.

Last edited by xiaphon; 01-28-06 at 11:58.
Old 01-31-06   #85
Lord-IVD
DM

Lord-IVD is on a distinguished road
Credits: 61,492
HEY walk a mile in a cape ! then see if you still think its! stupid !
Capes ROCK ESP in cold weather ..

Besides to some ppl gay still means HAPPY !!! LOL !!
Old 06-12-09   #86
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,680
Titties titties titties. I have titties.

Old 06-13-09   #87
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,680
This thread was sexawesome.

Old 06-13-09   #88
fleamailman
Embracer Of The Dark

fleamailman is on a distinguished road
Credits: 28,504
the goblin would very much like to see this pictures too, saying "...now don't forget that each picture has to have the name, the alum witch it is coming form, and be credited to its author, otherwise it won't be in line with the rules as pointed out to me here..."
Old 06-13-09   #89
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleamailman View Post
the goblin would very much like to see this pictures too, saying "...now don't forget that each picture has to have the name, the alum witch it is coming form, and be credited to its author, otherwise it won't be in line with the rules as pointed out to me here..."
If you have a problem with the Moderation take it up with a Moderator or Admin in PM (Private Messages). If you keep it up I will kick you in your nuts!

Seriously though, if you have a problem with the rules either take it up with the Moderation Staff in private or keep it to yourself; if you continue to whine about the rules in public I will be forced to temporarily silence you.

S.O.D.

Old 06-13-09   #90
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,452
shut up about the pics you homos. Just go find a woman who lives near you and fuck her.
Old 06-13-09   #91
Manifesto
Biggest Dick Contest Winner
Admin

Manifesto is on a distinguished road
Credits: 95,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade View Post
If you have a problem with the Moderation take it up with a Moderator or Admin in PM (Private Messages). If you keep it up I will kick you in your nuts!

Seriously though, if you have a problem with the rules either take it up with the Moderation Staff in private or keep it to yourself; if you continue to whine about the rules in public I will be forced to temporarily silence you.
the time for talk has passed you by, the time for action is nigh. warning without repercussion is like foreplay without sex..... whats the point?

You're my bitch, Bitch. You'll do exactly what I tell you.

<3,

WL
Old 06-13-09   #92
Manifesto
Admin

I am off to go cut the lawn. I just thought you should know.

<3,

WL
Old 06-13-09   #93
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifesto View Post
the time for talk has passed you by, the time for action is nigh. warning without repercussion is like foreplay without sex..... whats the point?
I try to separate my warnings by the offense given. This is separate from any other I may have given out to him.

S.O.D.

Old 06-13-09   #94
Manifesto
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade View Post
I try to separate my warnings by the offense given. This is separate from any other I may have given out to him.
I understand your logic... I wish you guys would just warn him about being a douchebag so the next time he posts you can ban him.

<3,

WL
Old 06-13-09   #95
Manifesto
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manifesto View Post
I am off to go cut the lawn. I just thought you should know.
as the french would say: le grass is le cut.

<3,

WL
Old 06-21-09   #96
musiclover91
New Blood

musiclover91 has disabled reputation
Credits: 1,023
i never thot..

hi..

i never thot of these reasons.. but i like animations!

regards

~spam is not tolerated.

Last edited by dk123; 06-21-09 at 10:56.
Old 06-21-09   #97
fleamailman
Embracer Of The Dark

fleamailman is on a distinguished road
Credits: 28,504
the goblin appreciated all types of anime, since there were many people who would equally think that American cartoons and comics are just too predictable by half, so the goblin simply said "...with the Japanese stuff the plots tend to be better since anime tends to come from the most popular mangas going, though at the end of the day "choice" is better than "no choice", and simply something not meant for you is just that, simply if everyone got rid of everything they didn't appreciate there would be nothing left because everything displeases somebody, doesn't it mortals..."