Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Rock Band vs Guitar Hero 3

Old 03-05-08   #21
Quixotic Rose
Breathe in... Breathe out

Quixotic Rose is on a distinguished road
Credits: 5,234
When you are singing on Rock Band all you have to do is have the right pitch and it gives you a good grade. You could hum it if you wanted to. In my opinion, I think Rock band is way better than guitar hero. More people can play at once.

BUT ... the people that I know that have gotten rock band.. their guitars fell to shit right away and had to go get a new one. so that is the only bad thing i have experienced. My friend Riley comes to my house every weekend from college and brings the rock band and guitar hero... so yeah.. i have had lots of time to see which one i like better.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-08   #22
Manifesto
Biggest Dick Contest Winner
Admin

Manifesto is on a distinguished road
Credits: 95,882
So im pretty much settled on rock band for the following reasons.

1. more people I know own RB, not GH3
2. the multiplayer looks like lots of fun.
3. the GH guitar is compatible with RB, but not the other way around - larger selection of axes.
4. I like the animations on RB better, more fun to watch when you arent playing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You're my bitch, Bitch. You'll do exactly what I tell you.

<3,

WL
Old 03-06-08   #23
Manifesto
Admin

this is probably a stupid question but will any USB hub work on the xbox 360....

I only have 2 usb ports, but Rock Band comes with 4 peripherals - do I have to buy the Rock Band branded usb hub? or can I buy the 10 dollar belkin usb hub thats half the price?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<3,

WL
Old 03-07-08   #24
Manifesto
Admin

OK - so to answer my own question. The Xbox 360 version of rock band comes with a 4-way USB hub, the ps2/3 does not.

however, the one for the xbox sucks ass, its requires power and it looks flimsy as fuck... but it works.

<3,

WL
Old 05-28-08   #25
Manifesto
Admin

I got rock band, and I loved it.... I just ordered GH3, I will post more about that when I get it in. damn ebay making me wait for shipping.

<3,

WL
Old 05-28-08   #26
dk123
Lost Soul

dk123 will become famous soon enoughdk123 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 263,074
I now have both. I bought Rock Band the day it was released here, and shelled out insane amounts of money for the full band in a box and the game.

I am selling one of my GH3 packs

I Love it. My friends love it, we've had one RB party and are planning ALOT more. It has even persuaded many of my friends to go out and buy 360s.

In terms of which is better, I have to go for Rock Band.

Sure there are alot more pretty instruments to buy in GH3 and you can buy songs IN GAME but the simple fact is, there are alot more songs available for Rock Band, and more ways to play it solo and multiplayer. You can buy single songs as well as song packs. Really, that's why you get a game. Because of the songs. I also am happy about the fact that they plan to release at least 2 new songs A WEEK for RB but there have hardly been any released for GH.

Anyway...

The character customisation is better, and the on screen performances are alot better. I'm not sure whether the songs on gh3 are better or not really, as many by the same artists are available on Rock Band. I won't sell my GH3, because i may wish to play a song on there once in a while. But as of now, I think I prefer Rock Band to GH3

Last edited by dk123; 05-28-08 at 18:52.
Old 05-28-08   #27
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,462
I got both, Rockband is good for playing with others but fails when i'm alone... plus it sucks having to store all the crap for it... there's like 300000000 wires!
Old 05-28-08   #28
dk123
Lost Soul

Hot damn. I HATE the wires. That I forgot about. I'm so glad i have a wireless GH3 guitar. I like the new one, even though most people slate it, but I need to practice on it and I can't understand the wires. They could have at least made them disconnectable!

I am thinking about sorting out the foot pedal a bit. It's a bit shite. I might modify a real kick pedal and mount a switch inside a practice pad mounted on the rack using a rack mount clamp. In other words, make a real bass drum to kick. For me that's the worst thing about the drum kit.
Old 05-29-08   #29
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
The next GH installment will feature vocals and drums as well, in case anyone wants to hold out and see how it stacks up against Rock Band. It's a pretty shameless ripoff of Rock Band, but ripoffs do have the potential to be better than their inspiration. The GH drumkit has cymbals too, and they're supposedly much quieter, so if anyone's more interested in drums than anything else, it could be worth checking out.

I got so good at Guitar Hero that I decided to sell out and learn how to actually play guitar. I suppose it's not surprising, but I never play GH or RB anymore. +1 elitism.
Old 05-29-08   #30
dk123
Lost Soul

Haha! well done

I suppose i've really gone backwards, from playing drums, and a bit off bass and guitar, to playing RB and GH.

I wonder how long it'll take for people to get pissed off with the fact that newer games with more expensive and bigger and better instruments keep coming out, and stop buying them.
Old 05-29-08   #31
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,470,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by (antihero) View Post
The next GH installment will feature vocals and drums as well, in case anyone wants to hold out and see how it stacks up against Rock Band. It's a pretty shameless ripoff of Rock Band, but ripoffs do have the potential to be better than their inspiration. The GH drumkit has cymbals too, and they're supposedly much quieter, so if anyone's more interested in drums than anything else, it could be worth checking out.

I got so good at Guitar Hero that I decided to sell out and learn how to actually play guitar. I suppose it's not surprising, but I never play GH or RB anymore. +1 elitism.
You cant really say its a blatant rip off of a game that blatantly ripped it off in the first place. Competition breeds innovation, and I personally like where this is going.

Old 05-29-08   #32
dk123
Lost Soul

Well, i'm now watching the trailers on the guitar hero website for "guitar hero world tour"

and the drum kit, has elevated cymbals, and apparently, is reactive sensitive.

you can also apparently record your own singles and release them... i expect this to be quite restrictive.

check it out though, GUITAR HERO

oh, the drum kit is also wireless.

am i allowed to start kicking myself for buying rock band now, or am i going to have to wait a year anyway to get it after you guys get it in america - like with rock band.
Old 05-29-08   #33
dk123
Lost Soul

check out this site for more info too - Activision Unveils Guitar Hero World Tour, First Screens | Game | Life from Wired.com

drum render -

music studio screen -

Old 05-30-08   #34
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

Any clues on a release date?

Old 05-30-08   #35
dk123
Lost Soul

their website and the promo videos say 'fall 2008'
Old 05-30-08   #36
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

In time for Christmas... im shocked!

Old 05-30-08   #37
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefr0g View Post
You cant really say its a blatant rip off of a game that blatantly ripped it off in the first place. Competition breeds innovation, and I personally like where this is going.
That whole argument is always a weird one. It's true that Rock Band imitated Guitar Hero, but it was made by the guys who made Guitar Hero, and Guitar Hero 3 wasn't. Sof you go on any gaming site and say that Rock Band is a knock-off, every Johnny Douchewad on the site will jump down your throat.

I do totally agree with you in that Guitar Hero really had nowhere else to go. It's about rock music, and rock music is usually played by bands who use guitars, drums and microphones, so... yep. And there aren't really any other instruments that would do well as a scale model with a few buttons, i.e. keyboards, harps, sweetass electric violin, etc.
Old 02-19-09   #38
Uncletiggs
DF's Dirty 'ol Man
Admin

Uncletiggs will become famous soon enough
Credits: 218,114
A bump as they are releasing yet another version...
And the screw up they made..

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...-quot-/1289712

Nice guys finish last
It isn't just a saying.. It's a fact of life!

Those things that produced your ex......you know, the bitchmakers! Metagion

If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is it considered rape or shoplifting?

You're not who you are, you're only what other people think you are

Your more Delusional than you think I am! {Duck Dodgers}