Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Diablo 3

Old 07-07-08   #21
bloodbath581
Lurks in the Shadows

bloodbath581 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 3,065
I dont like WoW i just thought it wasnt much fun
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-08   #22
Axantha
peripheral visionary

Axantha is on a distinguished road
Credits: 95,266
I got bored with WoW within a week because I don't like to group with a bunch of immature dolts or kids that don't have any common decency or respect for other players.

When Diablo 3 hits the stands, they talk about single player as well as Multiple online play. I wonder if they will go for more then the 8 players that Diablo II allowed for. And if there will be limitations to the magic item availablity in the online as compared to the solo play as in DII.

That which does not kill us hurts like hell.
Old 07-08-08   #23
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axantha View Post
I got bored with WoW within a week because I don't like to group with a bunch of immature dolts or kids that don't have any common decency or respect for other players.

When Diablo 3 hits the stands, they talk about single player as well as Multiple online play. I wonder if they will go for more then the 8 players that Diablo II allowed for. And if there will be limitations to the magic item availablity in the online as compared to the solo play as in DII.

WoW is going to stay top dog in the MMO market for awhile longer. AoC(Age Of Conan) is now the number 2 in the states. It has a pretty mature player base with what I have seen so far(its M rating has helped that).

Diablo multi will hopefully allow for larger mass raid parties just for fun With Blizzards know how from WoW they should be able to implement this

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 07-08-08   #24
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyshade View Post
WoW is going to stay top dog in the MMO market for awhile longer. AoC(Age Of Conan) is now the number 2 in the states. It has a pretty mature player base with what I have seen so far(its M rating has helped that).

Diablo multi will hopefully allow for larger mass raid parties just for fun With Blizzards know how from WoW they should be able to implement this
WoW wont be toppled until Blizzard makes a new MMO
Old 07-08-08   #25
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy the Kidd View Post
WoW wont be toppled until Blizzard makes a new MMO
Not if Bioware makes KOTOR an MMO. If they do so you will see WoW crumble like a deck of cards.

S.O.D.

Old 07-08-08   #26
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
Not if Bioware makes KOTOR an MMO. If they do so you will see WoW crumble like a deck of cards.
Yeah right,it would just get tossed into the pile along with every other "WOW KILLER" that has come out. WoW is untouchable until blizzard says so.
Old 07-08-08   #27
dk123
Lost Soul

dk123 will become famous soon enoughdk123 will become famous soon enough
Credits: 262,974
Anything, however inferior, is made successful by the backing it gets from the people who make, buy, sell and use it.

WoW won't die. Not even if another killer mmo comes out. Too many people are behind it. Not only blizzard themselves, but the millions of players worldwide. Until Blizz bring out something else that's even better, WoW will rule supreme.
Old 07-08-08   #28
Oezoem
Dark Ooze

Oezoem is on a distinguished road
Credits: 93,456
Well..let's just hope the 'top secret next gen mmo' blizz is working on won't be set in the warcraft universe (maybe they learned from wow and mix that with starcraft:ghost to bring a starcraft mmo out..)
Old 07-08-08   #29
Alpha
Because I was here first

Alpha is on a distinguished road
Credits: 66,564
Great news for sure. Needless to say I've already started playing D2 again.
Though it's sad that Blizzard doesn't publish a new kind of game, we've been waiting for this for a while!

Old 07-08-08   #30
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Yeah right,it would just get tossed into the pile along with every other "WOW KILLER" that has come out. WoW is untouchable until blizzard says so.
KOTOR and the entire Star Wars brand is huge. If Bioware produces an MMO on par with any of their mainstream single player RPGs it will be huge and attract a very large western audience.
People are ready for a change, WoW has become very boring. But it is addictive to the casual and the hard-core players.

Bioware has a great reputation for making only the best RPGs with in depth story lines and great dialogue which draws you in to the story.

If you have not played KOTOR you should give it a go, even for a game a few years old it is pretty damn good.

Basically think, WoW with lightsabers and blasters

S.O.D.

Old 07-09-08   #31
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Quote:
KOTOR and the entire Star Wars brand is huge. If Bioware produces an MMO on par with any of their mainstream single player RPGs it will be huge and attract a very large western audience.
People are ready for a change, WoW has become very boring. But it is addictive to the casual and the hard-core players.

Bioware has a great reputation for making only the best RPGs with in depth story lines and great dialogue which draws you in to the story.

If you have not played KOTOR you should give it a go, even for a game a few years old it is pretty damn good.

Basically think, WoW with lightsabers and blasters
Yeah they did a starwars MMO before, it sucked and failed. Mostly beause the Starwars franchise sucks and it much more limiting than say orcs, gnomes and dwaves.
Old 07-12-08   #32
Axantha
peripheral visionary

Axantha is on a distinguished road
Credits: 95,266
now there are reports of Diablo fans that are so upset with the new look they have started a petition to get a real Diablo sequal without seeing the game.

Playback 4 - Playback - Yahoo! Games

That which does not kill us hurts like hell.
Old 07-13-08   #33
Jarekk
21st Century Digital Boy

Jarekk is on a distinguished road
Credits: 84,437
Well, I don't know if it would be THAT dramatic...

But KOTOR would break WoW's hold on the industry, for sure.

you know what? i still want a girl with a short skirt and a long jacket. (%)
Old 07-13-08   #34
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Yeah they did a starwars MMO before, it sucked and failed. Mostly beause the Starwars franchise sucks and it much more limiting than say orcs, gnomes and dwaves.
It sucked and failed because Sony did a piss poor job implementing it NOT because it is a poor franchise. It was the second largest MMO in subscrips when it came out and it died fairly quickly due to shitty piss poor implementation by Sony and their cohorts.
But Bethesda is another story, but with your reply I can tell you probably never touched KOTOR and so you do not know just how awesome that game was and still is.

S.O.D.

Old 07-13-08   #35
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
I forgot to mention--- if you want different races Star Wars Universe has well over 1,000 main races; thats a few more choices than just orcs and what not Of course there would only be about 20 or so in a KOTOR MMO but it leaves a but load of room for expansion

S.O.D.

Old 07-13-08   #36
Metagion
Judgement At Last!

Metagion will become famous soon enough
Credits: 114,654
If they did a multiplayer game for "Bioshock" I know my son will be allllllll over that one!

As for me: WoW didn't do it for me either.....I gotta get an upgraded comp system before I even THINK of doing more PC games right now. It's like a few steps above an Etch-A-Sketch..... :laughs: