Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page Age Of Conan

Old 05-20-08   #1
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Dyshade will become famous soon enoughDyshade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,453
Age Of Conan

Played the beta and bought the game. Blood, boobs, bar brawls, what more do you want
The classes are pretty much your standard fare with some pretty cool twists. The fighting system is pretty good and very involved.
I will post more as I level

Linkie--

Age Of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dyshade; 05-20-08 at 16:44.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-08   #2
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Another cool note on Conan, it has sold out its collectors edition and has sales over 1Mil which would make it a larger success than even WoW at launch
Of course we will still have to see what comes of it after launch.

S.O.D.

Old 05-20-08   #3
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

As soon as I get the update done I will start on the "Set" server. I am still unsure of what I shall make my main character, in beta I played a Cimmerian Conqueror to lvl 11 and quite enjoyed it.
Looks like funcom has delivered something worthy of Howards' memory.

S.O.D.

Old 05-21-08   #4
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Update was done to go from Beta-Closed to On-line open Very smooth.
I will have to get my puter out of storage to run it good as this laptop is slightly under specs so any lag is all on my part.
I started a Dark Templar, Cimmerian, named Xuldemios(I borrowed it freely) on "Set" server.
Can anyone say fucking cool ass death animations!!! If you get a combo off that would kill and I think crit it instead goes to a death animation. Coolest one yet besides the decapitation scene is where I stick my sword through their chest and use my boot to shove them off of it while blood splatters the screen
I cannot wait to get out of Tortage to experience the rest of the world. Might be a bit though cuz I is only lvl 7

S.O.D.

Old 06-07-08   #5
Duddy
Bacon

Duddy
Credits: 128,079
I have yet to really hear a bad thing about this game, other than the fact that it's fairly graphics intensive and requires a decent computer to run it.
Old 06-08-08   #6
thefr0g
Ooglemagthorpe
Admin

thefr0g will become famous soon enough
Credits: 50,469,744
30 gig of hard drive space.

I realize my machine is getting up there in years, but still... an 80 gig hard drive should hold more than 2 2/3rds games

Old 06-08-08   #7
~*Rebeckah*~
M.I.L.F.

Location: In the bottom of a bag of chips, with the crumbs...
~*Rebeckah*~ is on a distinguished road
Credits: 197,027
I got this game and have been playing since the servers came up.... OMG I love it. the only problems machine wise anyone in my guild has run into is the out of memory thing, and some graphics problems, but we got the fixes already. so if anyone has problems with it, let me know and i might be able to help them out

Derketo server : Gwennie: Herald of Xotli : guild name, CLEAVAGE of course...

Old 06-08-08   #8
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Rebeckah*~ View Post
I got this game and have been playing since the servers came up.... OMG I love it. the only problems machine wise anyone in my guild has run into is the out of memory thing, and some graphics problems, but we got the fixes already. so if anyone has problems with it, let me know and i might be able to help them out

Derketo server : Gwennie: Herald of Xotli : guild name, CLEAVAGE of course...
Awww Derketo Set ROCKS!!!!!! The out of Memory thing should be fixed... I have not had the problem since last patch.
How does the Herald hold up, I heard they were tissue paper that for a few seconds can cram a two hander up a mobs ass
I just dinged 36 yesterday with my Dark Templar. The Dark Templar rocks so far, I am able to handle up to 2 +2 mobs at a time if I am careful and get the right set of combos off. I am still playing with the respecs in order to get a good build. By the way if anyone is looking fo rthe respec guy try Old Tarantia, right in front of the temple under the trees Costs 50Copper first time and scales up to ouch levels quickly. I would be happy if they decreased the costs until they fix the feat trees.

This game is a definite WoW breaker as soon as they start to kick out the content. upper 30's where I am at is a bit dry for quests but I hear it jumps up in your 40's.

Is your server a PvP Becka?? I have yet to try PvP, I am enjoying the hell out of the PvE

The fatalities make this game, I love sticking my sword in a MoBs chest and wiggling it around before pulling it out and back swinging their head off
I was worried at first about the loss of damage mitigation while pulling the fatalities in multi-mob fights but they said that you are invuln while pulling a fatality Interesting to see if they stick on you if you are in a group.

The install took up about 25 gigs with an additional about 6 gigs for patches.

S.O.D.

Old 06-23-08   #9
~*Rebeckah*~
M.I.L.F.

Location: In the bottom of a bag of chips, with the crumbs...
~*Rebeckah*~ is on a distinguished road
Credits: 197,027
haha the herald is AWESOME for me... but my boyfriend plays a PoM type. so i run around a blow shit up and set it on fire and he makes sure i don't die while i'm add'ing...hehe..and thats A.D.D. not add... its a PVE server, if you get on there, you should let me know. My main is Gwennie, currently lvl 38 HoX and my alt is Vivien, lvl 11? Conquerer loving both of them...

Old 06-23-08   #10
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Rebeckah*~ View Post
haha the herald is AWESOME for me... but my boyfriend plays a PoM type. so i run around a blow shit up and set it on fire and he makes sure i don't die while i'm add'ing...hehe..and thats A.D.D. not add... its a PVE server, if you get on there, you should let me know. My main is Gwennie, currently lvl 38 HoX and my alt is Vivien, lvl 11? Conquerer loving both of them...

Pretty much stuck on Set BUT maybe I will roll one up for fun over there My main Dark Templar is now lvl 47
My secondary is a PoM lvl 19 almost 20

Dark Templars only seem to get stronger and stronger in PvE as you level

S.O.D.

Old 06-28-08   #11
Dyshade
The King Douche
Admin

Screen shot, my Lvl 51 Dark Templar in The Field of the Dead in Cimmeria.
Attached Images
File Type: png Xuldemios_picture000.png (169.2 KB, 7 views)

S.O.D.