Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Entertainment
Reload this Page > Bomba redWOO Exclusive My Spy Have News Of Revolution, REV NEED SPACE TO PLAY NO PL

Old 11-10-05   #1
redWOOD
midas netal

redWOOD is on a distinguished road
Credits: 14,764
> Bomba redWOO Exclusive My Spy Have News Of Revolution, REV NEED SPACE TO PLAY NO PL

I know, I know. It seems quite unlikely. I stopped by Sam Goodyís to have a chat with the manager the other day. He was dressed very professionally, looked to be about in his thirties. He looked like he knew what he was talking about. I was just curious as to whether or not there were some kind of secrets concerning the Revolution that could be squeezed from hints in the shipping lists.

Perhaps the actual name? Maybe a list of seperate items to be shipped other than the Revolution yet for the Revolution (peripherals)? The question is would I come across an item number, an item title, or both?

None of the above of course. He said strangely enough their Nintendo Representative hadnít stopped by their location for quite a while. He said they really didnít know anything about the Revolution beyond what the public knows.

I chatted with the Sam Goodyís manager about the Revolution for awhile and he finally gave me a tip. He told me the location of a certain Gamestop that he is somehow affiliated with. He said they had recieved some kind of manual concerning the new Nintendo console system and the most effecient way to run itís kiosk.

I found this quite interesting. I promptly thanked him. What I find odd about this is that Nintendo made mention that their technology for the Revolution wouldnít work well to try in stores (as a lot of space is required). We all know this is because you get to flail around a 3d pointer, which doesnít work well when attatched to something to keep you from stealing it Iím sure.

If the manager was right this means that Nintendo has developed a kiosk in which the Revolution could be experienced hands on in a store just as well and effeciently as any other system. Another question comes to mind, why did they get this manual so early? My guess is so that the store could be slightly re-arranged ahead of time to accomodate the needed space for the kiosk.

Iím guessing Nintendo is thinking that placement is everything. Still, it is quite, quite early. I spoke with the manager at Sam Goodyís about when he thinks Revolutions will start getting shipped into all of the local Sam Goodyís here in our area. He said he didnít know as their Nintendo Rep. had not stopped by for a significant amount of time. He said his best guess though would be March of 2006. I thought that was a satisfying answer. He may be right or he may be wrong but Iíd like to think he is right. Especially with since the recent words of Jim Merrick insinuate perhaps the Revolution may launch in America first.

Anyhow, I am planning to call the Gamestop he spoke of and see what information I can get. Maybe I can go there and try to get a little friendly with one of the employees until I figure out a way to take a look at whatever Nintendo sent them. The chances of me actually finding anything are particularly slim. This is just me being bored and doing some local investigating. Nevertheless I did get a tip. Thatís a start.

I would throw this article into the rumor category but instead I put it into the Playbomb category. Iím considering this more of an investigation. Iíll certainly call the Gamestop up that he told me was the one. As far as getting there Iím not so sure how soon I can go. Itís about three hours from where I live. Anyhow Iíll keep you guys up to date. Maybe the manager was confused, who knows.

WOW HELMET OF NINTENDO ON

FURURTA REAL DEAL?

OMG I WILL OWN ALL MORONS
DOUBT FUTURNA

Nintendo made mention that their technology for the Revolution wouldnít work well to try in stores (as a lot of space is required)

GUESS MORONS

FUTURNA NINTENDOON FOR ME

is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-05   #2
Alpha
Because I was here first

Alpha is on a distinguished road
Credits: 66,664
Quote:
I chatted with the Sam Goodyís manager about the Revolution for awhile and he finally gave me a tip.
Do you ever feel like James Bond when you get information like this? Like, finding this out is like a nintendo fan's greatest secret. But then you'd blow up the building right away saying "SD6 was after me!!! Bond to the rescue!!! And away I goooo!!!!!".

Quote:
If the manager was right this means that Nintendo has developed a kiosk in which the Revolution could be experienced hands on in a store just as well and effeciently as any other system. Another question comes to mind, why did they get this manual so early? My guess is so that the store could be slightly re-arranged ahead of time to accomodate the needed space for the kiosk.
If the set up needs to be HUGE for the Rev, then yes, this makes sense. Otherwise, it looks like nintendo is planning an early release. Which in my experience isn't likly.

Quote:
Anyhow, I am planning to call the Gamestop he spoke of and see what information I can get. Maybe I can go there and try to get a little friendly with one of the employees until I figure out a way to take a look at whatever Nintendo sent them. The chances of me actually finding anything are particularly slim. This is just me being bored and doing some local investigating. Nevertheless I did get a tip. Thatís a start.

I would throw this article into the rumor category but instead I put it into the Playbomb category. Iím considering this more of an investigation. Iíll certainly call the Gamestop up that he told me was the one. As far as getting there Iím not so sure how soon I can go. Itís about three hours from where I live. Anyhow Iíll keep you guys up to date. Maybe the manager was confused, who knows.
3 Hours? Maybe you could call a friend to do it for you.

is Offline   Reply With Quote