Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page Why Don't You Believe In/Like Christianity?

Old 02-14-05   #761
Necropolis
Higher Principality

Necropolis is on a distinguished road
Credits: 107,272
I have simple reason why I dont follow the christian path.
When I was small and I was first taught about magic and what it was, I knew in my heart that I could use magic for good and it wouldn't come the devil, but the creator, and its what I was born to do (No kidding its one of my first memories, I was three or four).
I was of course discouraged to say the least from my path, but still here I am and I couldn't stop practicng magic for what I find to be an empty set of directions, on how to deny yourself living a life.
The ideals I like, Compassion, Truth and Loyalty, these things I like, pity being a christian isn't about that anymore.
But it also makes no sense, i.e
1)in its teaching it says to deny the animal instincts within you to be good, and be more than an animal... That only leads to phsycological issues, by denying something you give it power over you. If you just let the animal come out accept it as part of yourself, then you will outgrow it and transend it, become more like the ideal human.
2) Lucifer is a mistake, God is infallable,. all powerful and all knowing.... add these two things together you get the soltution Lucifer was intentional, which then means 90% of the bible is fallacy.
God said his bible would never be allowed to be tampered with oir edited, people tend to believe this would mean all bibles, but God gave the gift of free will, only the oringinal could be considered Gods Bible, so all the copies can be changed and distorted.

May Chaos Be Visited Upon You.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-05   #762
Tuilelaith
New Blood

Tuilelaith is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,055
I know this topic is old but, I'm going to add myy views on it anyway. There two main reasons I have a slight ditaste for christainity. Reason one: It is entirely to dogmatic for my tastes. I can think of a number of other belief systems that might not be that found of other religions will not go out and slaughter those people who pratice something other than their own religion. In the past christainity as even done so to its own followers the knights templar spring to mind. Even though that was the catholic church I'll file them under the banner of christanity for right now. That bring me to my second issue with the religion: the sheer and over whelming hypocrisy of its actions. Don't get me wrong no group of people are prefect and there are nasty people in every group but the church seems to have them in spades. The fact that they have the gall to call themselves the orginal religion of peace is just beyond me.
Old 03-04-05   #763
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuilelaith
I know this topic is old but, I'm going to add myy views on it anyway. There two main reasons I have a slight ditaste for christainity. Reason one: It is entirely to dogmatic for my tastes. I can think of a number of other belief systems that might not be that found of other religions will not go out and slaughter those people who pratice something other than their own religion.
interesting you bring this up...i just finished watching something on constatine, and while he may have been the "bringer" of christianity to the known world, oddly enough, he didn't seem to persecute non christians of the roman empire, simply showed obvious favor to the christian romans...at what point did they start, prosecuting non-christians for being non christian, or was it just a roman citizen thing?
Old 03-07-05   #764
Tuilelaith
New Blood

Tuilelaith is on a distinguished road
Credits: 1,055
As far as I can tell it was in the late 500's to early 600's I din't know the exact date but I did run across this passage that really gives you the ideal that the christains weren't playing nice any more. Mauricius (582- 602)… saw to it that pagans were brought before the courts 'in every region of the city,' ..."Some he managed to convert to Christianity, while many who resisted he carved up, suspending their limbs in the main street of the town." Mauricius might not have been the first roman to hack pagans, we all know the romans had a certain flare for that sort of thing, before that they might not have liked some of their citzens being non-christain but I can't find anything thing that says they were violent about it.