Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Darkforum Support Forums > Support Forum
Reload this Page Becoming a MOD
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-04   #61
Jordyn
paraphiliac

Jordyn is on a distinguished road
Credits: 825,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by (antihero)
No offense, but you couldn't be more wrong. I've been a mod a few times, and it ain't exactly rocket science. In fact, you don't really have to do much aside from posting, moving threads, and threatening others. It's peoples' arrogance that makes their modships seem prestigious. As my bestest buddy Lillith once told me, "It's only the Internet." To which I replied, "@#$%&* you!"

I'm not trying to start a revolution or make myself feel big by dumping on a few select mods, but that's just the way it is. I find the best way to deal with 'em is to pretend they don't exist, and to jump on them the second they do something wrong. mwahaha.
some moderators like to be jumped on...
Old 01-25-04   #62
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

gArGOyLe^^ will become famous soon enough
Credits: 280,051
Anti... JobeX is agreeing with you..

Isn't that enough proof that you are wrong?
is Offline  
Old 01-26-04   #63
(antihero)
N/A

(antihero) will become famous soon enough
Credits: 297,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by gArGOyLe^^
Anti... JobeX is agreeing with you..

Isn't that enough proof that you are wrong?

Since Lillith ain't here, I'll respond for her: "Brilliant! Priceless!" That's really not meant to be a burn; it's just so fitting for that post.

But nah, I think it might mean that I'm onto something. Jobe may be the creepiest human being since Michael Jackson, but his arguments are usually cogent. Whatever, though.... my opinion is mine.

Last edited by (antihero); 01-26-04 at 00:46.
is Offline  
Old 01-26-04   #64
>FuckDoll<
hate hate hate

>FuckDoll< will become famous soon enough
Credits: -2,014
Quote:
... my opinion is mine.
Brilliant! Priceless!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline  
Old 01-26-04   #65
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

a slight alteration of:

http://maddox.xmission.com/opinion1.gif
is Offline  
Old 01-26-04   #66
(antihero)
N/A

which, in turn, is a slight alteration of:

http://garg.isabadadmin.com
is Offline  
Old 01-26-04   #67
patryn
fuck off

patryn will become famous soon enoughpatryn will become famous soon enough
Credits: 171,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_duqualle
i dont have that many posts, an nobody likes me, i think i shold mod the bitch bourd. seriously!
real original. go find someone else to tail.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jesus wants his fucking whistle.
is Offline  
Old 01-26-04   #68
Pier
Face in the Mist

Pier
Credits: 2,375
Quote:
No offense, but you couldn't be more wrong. I've been a mod a few times, and it ain't exactly rocket science. In fact, you don't really have to do much aside from posting, moving threads, and threatening others. It's peoples' arrogance that makes their modships seem prestigious. As my bestest buddy Lillith once told me, "It's only the Internet." To which I replied, "@#$%&* you!"

I'm not trying to start a revolution or make myself feel big by dumping on a few select mods, but that's just the way it is. I find the best way to deal with 'em is to pretend they don't exist, and to jump on them the second they do something wrong. mwahaha.
Really? In my experience, as a mod you're under the gun and under more intense scrutiny than you are as a member. People that once treated you as a friend all of a sudden look at you as the enemy. Newbies and even regulars follow you around and think you're Jesus, Yoda or Gandhi. Women (and sometimes men) send you compromising pictures of themselves and offers for sex.
None of that had anything to do with my arrogance or whatever you decide to call it. It just comes with the territory. Admittedly some people let it go to their head. It may not be rocket science, but it sure as heck ain't for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matter_Of_Shame
are you kidding? what afternoon tea and crumpets board have you been moderating? without *huggle*'ing the post whores, your mod career will never have a chance. EVER. perfect example is mr. pat here. if no one knew him, he'd have been eaten by now for the things he suggested, which he probably should have been anyway since he smells like creamcheese.
I couldn't care less if I become a mod here or not. That's up to Garg and my life will go on as merrily as it has been whatever happens. I'm just offering to help because of my experience. If you have an issue with that then that's your prerogative.
Neither event is something I can control and it doesn't matter to me anyway.

Besides I happen to take modship seriously. I take great lengths to avoid flaming people, maintaining impartiality, respecting members' privacy and keeping my cool when I get slammed. And you WILL get slammed as a mod. Not to say that I succeed all the time, but a lot more often than not.

Plus, consider that someone else is paying to keep this forum online, and it sure as hell ain't me.

BTW one of the forums on my career was 3dfxgamers. During 3dfx's heyday, it was getting as many unique daily hits on its site as MSN and before it folded it had over 20,000 registered members, of which probably 1,000 were very active. All within 16 months.

I would rather be a brilliant meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The purpose of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
- Jack London
is Offline  
Old 01-26-04   #69
Jobe

Quote:
Jobe may be the creepiest human being since Michael Jackson...

http://www.seantataryn.com/myumees/i...GifBanner1.gif

ooooooh ooooh yeah I'm bad ooooooooooooh oooooooh yeah :woo:

Old 01-27-04   #70
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Wicked Lady is on a distinguished road
Credits: 653,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pier
Really? In my experience, as a mod you're under the gun and under more intense scrutiny than you are as a member. People that once treated you as a friend all of a sudden look at you as the enemy. Newbies and even regulars follow you around and think you're Jesus, Yoda or Gandhi. Women (and sometimes men) send you compromising pictures of themselves and offers for sex.
None of that had anything to do with my arrogance or whatever you decide to call it. It just comes with the territory. Admittedly some people let it go to their head. It may not be rocket science, but it sure as heck ain't for everyone.

I couldn't care less if I become a mod here or not. That's up to Garg and my life will go on as merrily as it has been whatever happens. I'm just offering to help because of my experience. If you have an issue with that then that's your prerogative.
Neither event is something I can control and it doesn't matter to me anyway.

Besides I happen to take modship seriously. I take great lengths to avoid flaming people, maintaining impartiality, respecting members' privacy and keeping my cool when I get slammed. And you WILL get slammed as a mod. Not to say that I succeed all the time, but a lot more often than not.

Plus, consider that someone else is paying to keep this forum online, and it sure as hell ain't me.

BTW one of the forums on my career was 3dfxgamers. During 3dfx's heyday, it was getting as many unique daily hits on its site as MSN and before it folded it had over 20,000 registered members, of which probably 1,000 were very active. All within 16 months.
Why take modship so seriously? It requires very little real work. Just remember to wipe your ass and change your pad on a regularly basis.. and all will be well.

And in 4 years of being here.. I haven't seen too many mods get treated like Jesus or Ghandi. Although it would be neat to watch errantrogue drink his own pee and then get a spear to the rib cage.

is Offline  
Old 01-27-04   #71
Lillith

Quote:
Since Lillith ain't here, I'll respond for her: "Brilliant! Priceless!" That's really not meant to be a burn; it's just so fitting for that post.
Gods, I had no idea you were so desperate. Besides which you had it wrong, I would have only said that to the image he posted. That was a classic.

Old 01-27-04   #72
(antihero)
N/A

Brilliant! And desperate for what? You?
is Offline  
Old 01-27-04   #73
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

I'm desperate for Lillith. She gives good head.

is Offline  
Old 01-27-04   #74
Lillith

Quote:
Brilliant! And desperate for what? You?

Evidently, you have to post on my "behalf".

Old 01-27-04   #75
Lillith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Lady
I'm desperate for Lillith. She gives good head.

Not as good as you!! But yes, oh yes... desperate for you too babyyyyyy!

Old 01-27-04   #76
Wicked Lady
A Motherfuckin' Chainsaw
AdminGuide

Don't tease, Lillith darling.

*biff*

is Offline  
Old 01-27-04   #77
(antihero)
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillith
Evidently, you have to post on my "behalf".

Lillith, Lillith.... I figured someone as detached from the Internet *cough* as you would understand. I rip on you because it's fun for me. I'm not desperate to make you mad or make anyone hate me or make anyone like me; I just do it because it's funny to watch you react so seriously, which I do believe is the thing you initially accused me of. I don't come online to make fun of you, I don't spend too much time making fun of you, and I don't particularly feel as though my insults get anything accomplished..... it's just fun as hell. The only reason I don't feel bad about it (yes, I do have a conscience) is because your Internet persona is beyond arrogant, and arrogant people deserved to be knocked down a peg. If you are in real life like you are online, I'd make fun of you anyway. And yeah yeah, I know my insults do nothing to you, which is fine.

I know you say I'm arrogant too, and I'm really not, but I can see how I'd come off that way on Darkforum. Since I tend to bash other peoples' opinions, then yeah... makes sense. Regardless, though... you're a blast to rip on, no matter how hot you may be.
is Offline  
Old 01-28-04   #78
Lillith

Much time on your hands (antihero)?

Old 01-28-04   #79
gArGOyLe^^
The ModFather

this is the fuggin help desk
is Offline  
Closed Thread