Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Discussions > Topic Discussions
Reload this Page The Timeless Art

Old 04-12-01   #1
IronPsycho
Darkness Incarnate

IronPsycho
Credits: 2,184
No matter how ridculous the situation, how foolish the teachings, how inconcievable the tale is, mankind can make it into a religion. Notice this? Take Christianity for example; we have a 'savior' born thousands of years ago in a continent on the other side of the world. This man lived a pure life, never falling in to the temptations we face every single day. He called himself God and was crucified. He comes back from te dead and now lives in heaven and all we hve to do to get there is believe in him. We don't know anything about Jesus. We have the Bible, but that has been passed down for centuries and I don't consider it a prized source of information. And yet, with so many glitches and fall-throughs, this is still one of the major religions on the planet. It conquered Roman mythology, another fucked up belief in itself. Amazing. Then we have Buddhists, who worship a prince that did a good deed several millenia ago. It just...stuns me. It's fine if you believe in organized religion, I'm certainly not putting down on it. It just isn't my bag, baby.
Death is an interesting topic. Think about it; every living thing dies. People don't want to think that maybe there is nothing after death, that they just won't exist. Because, if that's the case, then all their work in life was for nothing. They would be abandoned, tossed away like a too-small shoe. I, for one, like to think that maybe there is nothing at the end. I rather like a simple ending to what I consider a long, complicated story. However, I doubt that to be true. Another theory that I'm fond of is that every night, while you sleep, you stay in the after-life. The only link between yourself and the real world is your living, breathing body. I like to think of death as just a long sleep. It's rather comforting.
Religious symbols and talismans (like the one at the top of the screen, for example. I believe that's from the Necronomicon) are beautiful and haunting in thier own way. I find crucifixes charming and pentagrams beautiful. Everything has it's own power, actual or imagined. Just thought I'd point that out.

IronPsycho hath spoken!
Old 04-12-01   #2
jaded silence
a former member

jaded silence is on a distinguished road
Credits: 6,195
bravo! ::throws iron a corpse:: now mount him in the name of blasphemy,oh great necro!
Old 04-12-01   #3
IronPsycho
Darkness Incarnate

IronPsycho
Credits: 2,184
Yippee! Fresh flesh!
Old 04-13-01   #4
Dark Prince
Embracer Of The Dark

Dark Prince
Credits: 1,677
Quote:
Originally posted by IronPsycho
No matter how ridculous the situation, how foolish the teachings, how inconcievable the tale is, mankind can make it into a religion. Notice this? Take Christianity for example; we have a 'savior' born thousands of years ago in a continent on the other side of the world. This man lived a pure life, never falling in to the temptations we face every single day. He called himself God and was crucified. He comes back from te dead and now lives in heaven and all we hve to do to get there is believe in him. We don't know anything about Jesus. We have the Bible, but that has been passed down for centuries and I don't consider it a prized source of information. And yet, with so many glitches and fall-throughs, this is still one of the major religions on the planet. It conquered Roman mythology, another fucked up belief in itself. Amazing. Then we have Buddhists, who worship a prince that did a good deed several millenia ago. It just...stuns me. It's fine if you believe in organized religion, I'm certainly not putting down on it. It just isn't my bag, baby.
Death is an interesting topic. Think about it; every living thing dies. People don't want to think that maybe there is nothing after death, that they just won't exist. Because, if that's the case, then all their work in life was for nothing. They would be abandoned, tossed away like a too-small shoe. I, for one, like to think that maybe there is nothing at the end. I rather like a simple ending to what I consider a long, complicated story. However, I doubt that to be true. Another theory that I'm fond of is that every night, while you sleep, you stay in the after-life. The only link between yourself and the real world is your living, breathing body. I like to think of death as just a long sleep. It's rather comforting.
Religious symbols and talismans (like the one at the top of the screen, for example. I believe that's from the Necronomicon) are beautiful and haunting in thier own way. I find crucifixes charming and pentagrams beautiful. Everything has it's own power, actual or imagined. Just thought I'd point that out.

IronPsycho hath spoken!
You make a very good point. People do worship "role-models" rather than Gods. Jesus was nothing more than a man who lead a good life, people worship him. Samething with Budda. Now I myself am at war with the "Chruch Of God"! So, if your theory proves correct then all people do is worship other people. So, with that in mind, fall down before my feet petty mortals.
Old 04-13-01   #5
John Preston
Listen

John Preston is on a distinguished road
Credits: 256,181

According to my one source, Jesus fell in love with a prostitute.
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-01   #6
Oblivion
....Cuddle this....

Oblivion is on a distinguished road
Credits: 29,370
and according to one of mine he learned all of his peaceful nature and righteousness fom the Druids why do u think there is a time period in the bible from the time he was a little kid until the time he was in his late twenties early thirties for

Alone together. It was all two people could ever be to each other, Alone. Together. For the dreams and secrets of our hearts may be spoken, but words are poor handmaidens. Wordes can never fully say what we want them to say, for they fumble, stammer, and break the best porcelain. The best one can hope for is to find along the way someone to share the path, content to walk in silence, for the heart communes best when it does not try to speak...
from the book "Dragons of a Lost Star

Old 04-14-01   #7
DarkProfanity
Elder God of Sith Kittens

DarkProfanity
Credits: 32,793
According to both my sources, both of you are probably correct. Also, he was part-Druid, or something like that-- tall, redhead, stood-outta-the-crowd type of guy... something like that...

I dunno... Christianity got fucked over by the weaknesses of human morality... I still value some ideals, but "religion is the opiate of the masses" and I get easily hooked into anything, so my views shouldn't be taken too seriously.
Old 04-14-01   #8
Dragons_Cry
Lord Of Dragons

Dragons_Cry
Credits: 7,877
A Very interesting point..I specially loved this one:
People don't want to think that maybe there is nothing after death, that they just won't exist. Because, if that's the case, then all their work in life was for nothing.
This leads To the Meaning Of life...If people Are So Scared to Die...They think That Religion helps Them To Live Again..It's like A closed ring and their secure to renegation ...They Think That Religion Helps them Live Again, But if There is no life after death, then all the religion in life had no point...So...the meaning of life can't be religion...religion is just a security>>>people work and think that because of religion they will live again...if there would'nt be any religions..nobody would'nt want to work..there would be chaos...This is just my opinion

Old 04-14-01   #9
DarkProfanity

DarkProfanity
"RELIGION IS THE OPIATE OF THE MASSES"

why do people take drugs? they need illusion in their lives, just like religion. and religion also stems chaos. chaos is a natural order of things (oxymoronic, but oh well)... if there was nothing after death, then we need lies to assuage our fear. the meaning of life is to live, otherwise, we'd be dead.
Old 04-15-01   #10
Dragons_Cry
Lord Of Dragons

Dragons_Cry
that i wanted to say: religion is just a lie, it can't be meaning of life (as some say), religion is an illusion and nothing more. I could'nt but my point into words as well as you did DP, but that was my meaning and I totaly agree with you.

Old 04-15-01   #11
DarkProfanity

DarkProfanity
kewlies
Old 04-16-01   #12
Dragons_Cry
Lord Of Dragons

Dragons_Cry
what a....???

Old 04-16-01   #13
DarkProfanity

DarkProfanity
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkProfanity
kewlies:
noun
slang; the mutated form of "cool" deliberately changed to give the illusion of originality and pretense of uniqueness and oxymoronically, conformity; a general affirmation that both agrees with and admires any previous comments.
Old 04-17-01   #14
Cyrus
It's Sirrus, not Cyrus

Cyrus
Credits: 4,000
My $65.99 Plus Tax

My whole take on religion is that you learn but only in pieces. I can't say why, I haven't been that patient yet. ^_^ Did it ever occur to anyone here that firstly you're trying to put a factual face on something with no reliable factual documentation to show for it (IE: life and origin of Christ and his ideal)? I see it as unimportant as there is (to me anyway) some form of divine force at work in things. There is too much structure to the world we live in, and that's not taking into account the universe blah blah zoom out as many times as you'd like. Also nothing passes away in nature, things change and things move in cycles, but there is never a once and for all cease to be for anything. I tend to think of spirits the same way, we change form and shape and size and colour an infinite number of times but we never just cease to be. The very act of creation would become meaningless then, there would be no lasting effect to the creation other than one hell of a lot of beautiful corpses. Last thing anyone wants to contemplate is god questioning his/her/its/their purpose... Just something to mull over,
Cyrus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fear the drug addled troll babies!

Old 04-17-01   #15
Dark Messiah
Half-Wit Intellectual
Admin

Dark Messiah will become famous soon enough
Credits: 3,265
Quote:
Originally posted by Dragons_Cry
that i wanted to say: religion is just a lie, it can't be meaning of life (as some say), religion is an illusion and nothing more. I could'nt but my point into words as well as you did DP, but that was my meaning and I totaly agree with you.

My opinion is that if you had an actual point you'd be able to present it clearly instead of just presenting an over-generalized, cliche, and vague statement. You might of somehow arrived at the correct conclusion, but if you did it through random luck it does me no good to talk to you.
Old 04-17-01   #16
Dragons_Cry
Lord Of Dragons

Dragons_Cry
I thinks...aa..i don't say it...I Ment that religion can't be the meaning of life because there is no life after life and you have only one life so those who say that religion is the meaning of life don't speak the truth (even if they know it or accept it)..but religion is also important..if all humans would understand that there is no such things as paradise and stuff then they would understand that they have about 60years to do something...there would be chaos...no workers...everybody would want to have just fun...so is religion important lie for foolish people.

Old 04-17-01   #17
Dragons_Cry
Lord Of Dragons

Dragons_Cry
Dark Messiah!!!!!!!!!!

You said:My opinion is that if you had an actual point you'd be able to present it clearly instead of just presenting an over-generalized, cliche, and vague statement. You might of somehow arrived at the correct conclusion, but if you did it through random luck it does me no good to talk to you.

I THINK YOUR SO DEEP IN SHIT BECAUSE YOUR OPTION IS TOTAL B-SHIT...YOU THINK IT'S EASY TO BUT YOU POINT INTO ENGLISH IF YOU HAVE LEARNED IT ONLY 4YEARS WITH A BAD TEACHER WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH SO FUCKING STRANGE THAT NOBODY UNDERSTANDS HER(((((((((((((