Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions
Home Register FAQ
Go Back   Darkforum.com - Dark Stories, Dark Art, Poetry, Photography, Debates and Discussions > Welcome > Socialize
Reload this Page Birth Control

Old 07-01-03   #21
SWITCHBLADE666
jack's loving whore

SWITCHBLADE666 is on a distinguished road
Credits: 27,587
fuck, now i dont know if i should stick with it or not...
Old 07-01-03   #22
Jasen
Repent my children

Jasen is on a distinguished road
Credits: 6,757
My girl is thinking about the patch next, because the pills make her sick (even the weakest ones), and Depo causes her to bleed constantly for months. Hell, it makes ME feel bad. So now we only use condoms. As much as I hate them, I don't want her to try something new if it'll just fuck her up again.
Are there any horrors to be weary of about patches? I don't even know what drug is used in them. Anyone else have experince with that I could pass along?

I have little other value to add to this convo... just wanted to comment that I feel bad that women got the shit end of the stick when it comes to this. I really wish they'd release that pill for men they've been talking about, supposedly it would cease sperm production or something. I would so be there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-03   #23
*psycotic lover*
Feared by the Devil

*psycotic lover*
Credits: 12,828
i was on the shot for three years and really the only problem i had while i was on it was during sex i would always discharge this not normal shit and when i finally got off i bled for six months and went to the pill which fuc*ed up my period when it was just getting normal and gave me hot flashes i got off it and havent takin any birth control since that was close to 3 years ago and before i got to be prego everything was fine.

i had a roomate on the patch and she was prett6y happy with it but that was her it may affect your girl differtly.

I am infinity

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by *psycotic lover*; 07-01-03 at 19:49.
Old 07-01-03   #24
SWITCHBLADE666
jack's loving whore

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasen
My girl is thinking about the patch next, because the pills make her sick (even the weakest ones), and Depo causes her to bleed constantly for months. Hell, it makes ME feel bad. So now we only use condoms. As much as I hate them, I don't want her to try something new if it'll just fuck her up again.
Are there any horrors to be weary of about patches? I don't even know what drug is used in them. Anyone else have experince with that I could pass along?

I have little other value to add to this convo... just wanted to comment that I feel bad that women got the shit end of the stick when it comes to this. I really wish they'd release that pill for men they've been talking about, supposedly it would cease sperm production or something. I would so be there.
...its unbelievable you actually think that way...its abotu time a guy notices all the shit we women have to go through just so you wont have to wear those rubber thingies.

i still dont know what the fuck to do. i just hope this depo birth control shit doesn fuck up my wedding night. i would hate for it to be far from perfect.
Old 07-03-03   #25
Clashing_Enigma
Wonder Woman

Clashing_Enigma
Credits: 5,229
Amen to that Switchblade.
I am lucky. My man is very understanding too. He hates seeing me go through this. Our sex life isn't the best right now because I can't stop bleeding nor am I really in the mood anymore! It will stop for like half a day then start up the next.Sometimes right in the middle of sex.I am going through hell. When I find the right slip up in documentation by Pharmcia (makers of Depo) I shall reap my vengence. Hell have no fury like a woman scorned.
Old 07-03-03   #26
SWITCHBLADE666
jack's loving whore

damn girl i feel bad for what youre going through, that sounds like it must REALLY suck. i really hope shit gets better with you soon. i really do.

Quote:
Originally posted by Clashing_Enigma
Hell have no fury like a woman scorned.
heh you got that right girlfriend!
Old 07-07-03   #27
Magic Ninjet
Hatchet Goddess

Magic Ninjet will become famous soon enough
Credits: 140,983
Quote:
Originally posted by Jasen

If it's the patch I'm thinking of, it's the same drug as the pill. So, if she's not taking the pill well, the patch will have the same exact effect. I'd advise using a non-drug birthcontroll. Such as the Today Sponge (only like 77% effective, though) or a diraphrame. (Both of which I'd pair with some spermaside, like the foam.) The new UTD's (or whatever they're called) are also great, but you do have to have it inseted and it's expensive. There's also a lot of "free" ways to fight unwanted pregancy, like the rythem method, but that would (of course) need to be paired with something like the sponge and/or spermeside.

PS: A man actually involved with the birth controll situation, YOU ROCK! My man doesn't even know anything about what I'm on or what I could be on, or even if I'm on anything at all.......

Old 07-07-03   #28
Billy the Kidd
Self Serving Hypocrite
Admin

Billy the Kidd will become famous soon enough
Credits: 418,203
birt control is very vital today, but.. just the thought of all those chemicals going into a womans body makes me wonder.. i mean this shit was invented in what the 70s how extensive can the studies on it be?
Old 07-07-03   #29
Magic Ninjet
Hatchet Goddess

Well, they've changed it around a lot since then. (I study up a lot on this cuz I have 4 younger sisters i need to keep informed.) But, birth controll really needs to be talked about with a doctor. Not all birthcontrolls are right for all people. For example, regular pill are only 98% for women 16-40 150 or under. For every 2 lb over 150 you reduce the effictiveness by 1%, that adds up. So a women 200 lbs on the pill has a 25% more chance of getting prego than a women 150 using the pill the same way. Scary, huh? Also, if you're on any from of BC that's drug induced for to long you reduce the chances of becoming pregnant when if you ever choose to go off the pill. And, with BC like the shot, you sometimes miss your cycle all together and that is just not safe for your body. You need to clear those pipes, ya know?

Old 07-09-03   #30
Jasen
Repent my children

I just found this, you guys may find it interesting:
Quote:
Women May Ovulate More Than Once a Month, Study Says
By Maggie Fox

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - No wonder the rhythm method does not work so well for birth control -- scientists in Canada said on Tuesday they had found women sometimes ovulate several times a single month.

Their finding, if verified, would overturn the traditional wisdom that women produce an egg cell once a month. It would also help explain why "natural" methods of birth control, based on the idea that ovulation can be predicted, often fail.

"We are literally going to have to re-write medical textbooks," said Dr. Roger Pierson, director of the Reproductive Biology Research Unit at the University of Saskatchewan, who led the study.

"It's exactly why the rhythm method doesn't work."

Scientists have long known that humans have unique cycles of ovulation. Many animals come into heat -- a time when all the males around know through smells and visual signals that a female is ovulating and ready to conceive.

Not so with humans, who have "concealed" ovulation.

Standard medical science says a woman has a cycle running roughly 28 days in which an egg ripens, is released by the follicle, drops into the fallopian tube, and then is either fertilized or shed during menstruation.

Writing in the journal Fertility and Sterility, Pierson and colleagues found this did not always happen.

"We weren't expecting this. We really weren't," Pierson said in a telephone interview.

DAILY ULTRASOUND SCANS

In the study, Pierson, veterinarian Gregg Adams and graduate student Angela Baerwald did daily, high-resolution ultrasound scans on 63 women for a month, which allowed them to see the follicles very clearly.

"We had 63 women with normal menstrual cycles. Of those 63, only 50 had normal ovarian cycles," Pierson said.

Thirteen of the women ovulated multiple times, in various different ways. And of the other 50, 40 percent had up to three waves of activity by the follicles, any one of which could result in the production of an egg.

The women's hormone levels did not match this activity, Pierson said. "Hopefully this will help women explain how they got pregnant when they really didn't want to be pregnant, and it certainly will help us design better fertility therapies."

Apparently, measuring hormones in the blood is not enough to predict what a woman's reproductive system is up to.

"The hormones do what they are going to do and the ovaries just follow their merry path," Pierson said.

"We always thought that menstrual cycles and ovarian cycles were one and the same. It turns out they are just like two political parties -- sometimes they go along hand in hand for the good of the country and sometimes they go along their separate ways."

Pierson's team plans longer-term studies to see if the women's patterns are consistent from month to month.

"We don't know what's causing it -- we don't know if it is the weather or exposure to men or grapefruit juice or what," Pierson said.

The findings, which were first seen in cattle and horses, help explain some things that have puzzled obstetricians, Pierson said.

"It really explains how we get fraternal twins with different conception days," Pierson said. "Clinically, we see this all the time. We see women come in with twins and when we do an ultrasound we see one is at one 10 weeks development and another at seven."

Old 07-10-03   #31
Magic Ninjet
Hatchet Goddess

Whoa.... thank you for sharing, dollface.

Old 07-10-03   #32
Clashing_Enigma
Wonder Woman

Clashing_Enigma
Thanks for sharing dude! Where did you get this article? I found out that women do not produce eggs. We are born with them. That is why there is such a risk of Down Syndrom for women 40+ .
I found this to back http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/99-104.htmlThis is a quote about how the female reproductive sys works....
A woman is born with all of the eggs that she will ever have. Therefore, if her eggs are damaged or destroyed, she will not be able to replace them. At puberty, a woman begins to have menstrual cycles, which enable her to release an egg each month from one of her ovaries. Each cycle begins with a few days of menstrual flow. When each new cycle begins, a new egg starts to grow. After 2 to 3 weeks, a mature egg (ovum) is released from the ovary into the fallopian tubes, where it might be fertilized by one of the many sperm that may surround it. If the egg is not fertilized, it will die and leave the body about 2 weeks later in the woman's menstrual flow. Then the process begins again with a new menstrual cycle.

This site also has some interesting facts about hazardous elements in the workplace too.
Old 07-11-03   #33
Jasen
Repent my children

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news...6.htm&sc=romta
The original article is here.

Quote:
A woman is born with all of the eggs that she will ever have. Therefore, if her eggs are damaged or destroyed, she will not be able to replace them. At puberty, a woman begins to have menstrual cycles, which enable her to release an egg each month from one of her ovaries
I'm not knocking you in any way, but I thought this was common knowledge? At least it's what they taught in my high school sex ed classes.

Old 07-13-03   #34
Clashing_Enigma
Wonder Woman

Clashing_Enigma
What I was refering to in the first paragraph of the article you posted, it said that
"Women produce an egg once a month" Produce =create. Which is not the case. Forgive me if I seemed bitchy I do definately appreciate your post. Was in a weird mood that night.
Also found a great Web site about Birthcontrol & the different methods women can use.http://www.epigee.org/guide/index.html
Check it out with your partner. It has a bunch of methods.
Old 07-13-03   #35
Damian Hell
The Dark Helmet.

Damian Hell is on a distinguished road
Credits: 75,003
No..nononon you people got it wrong !

Birth control is when the fucking doctor keeps telling the girls to push hard and such , see the motherfucker keeps trying to control birth telling her things like breathe ... relax push and everything is going to be ok ...as if he could control destiny .. emm yea
Old 07-15-03   #36
Clashing_Enigma
Wonder Woman

Clashing_Enigma
LOL
You're Right! Damn What was I thinking?
Old 07-17-03   #37
apostate
REDUNDANT

apostate
Credits: 17,310
Each person will react differently. You have to remember that you are introducing large quantities of hormones into your body. As anyone who paid attention in school would know, hormones regulate everything and changes in hormone levels cause strange things to happen to your body. That's what puberty is all about, remember?

The key is to discuss options with your doctor, and pay attention. Most of the things I've heard anyone complain about should have been mentioned by the doctor, so either the doctor is unreliable or the patient is not paying attention. Or both. If you feel your doctor is not telling you what you need to know, find a different one. And always make an informed choice, whatever it may be. If you feel that you are not responding well, and cannot alleviate teh negative aspects to your liking, then simply stop. No one is forcing you to suffer for your birth control. And if there is someone forcing you, it is time to re-examine that relationship.

To answer the question of spotting, this is perfectly normal for the Depo shot. If I understand correctly, we are talking about spotting, as in not a heavy but a light flow. Depo does different things to different women, but spotting is a common complaint. Your blood flow will be messed up. I know one woman who has never had a period since starting, and highly recommends the shot. My previous two girlfriends have had similar experiences to each other; some random spotting but general happiness with the shot. Another common complaint is weight gain, though the one ex actually lost weight shortly after. We're not sure how much Depo had to do with it, and how much was her just mysteriously taking ill for a couple weeks around the same time. She never had another problem afterwards, though it's been about 3 years since I last saw her.
My last girlfriend is quite happy with Depo. Not too long ago her mother began to hear horror stories and convinced her to switch to pills. Understanding the side effects of both and knowing her like I do, I advised against this, but she tried it. She is now back on Depo after having a grueling experience with pills, and is feeling much better. There were a few things the doctor mention or check up on, though the concerns were raised by the original doctor we saw about 3 years ago. One of the other concerns when considering Depo is if you have a history of depression or other affective disorders.

And about guys learning about their girlfriend's birth control, it's sad that most don't. Maybe I'm just weird because I like reading and knowing stuff, and because I actually have a concern for those close to me. I certainly wouldn't want someone I care about to make a decision that could harm them unecessarily. I'm all about informed decisions. Still, in the end it is her decision, I can only offer input and suggestions.

And the only thing I have against condoms is that once you cum, you have to stop and with your thumb and forefinger seal off the condom base and gently withdraw. The reason is to prevent any spillage. I ask you, what's the point in being able to remain erect after ejaculation and/or orgasm if you can't keep going? Here's looking forward to a more reliable vasectomy.
Old 07-18-03   #38
Jasen
Repent my children

I'll be getting a vasectomy in several months myself.
I'm thinking I'll have some of my seed stored away just on the off chance that we want kids later on though. She already has 2, and I see no need to make any more at this time.

Old 08-17-03   #39
Jup
Chaos Theory

Jup
Credits: 2,667
im just glad im a guy !!!!!

"I would sooner die in your arms then to live without you in mine"
"I know people who have bonded over there mutual hatred for me"
"Another day..Another Defilement"
"A fight is a fight no matter what side your on"
"There are two kinds of tears...Tears for those who leave you, and tears for those who you never let go"
Old 08-19-03   #40
icp 4ever in me
Just being me.

icp 4ever in me is on a distinguished road
Credits: 49,938
hahah