View Single Post
Old 02-12-02   #28
SilentShade
The King Douche
Admin

SilentShade will become famous soon enoughSilentShade will become famous soon enough
Credits: 804,573
Speaking of the Mad Arab.... here is another quote from the Master himself

In a letter to Frank Belknap
Dated
1/26/1921

" At the risk of boring you, I will enclose my latest- just finished and typed- The Nameless City. This had its basis in a dream, which in turn was probably caused by contemplation of the peculiar suggestiveness of a phrase in Dunsanys Book Of Wonder- "the unreverberate blackness of the abyss." The character of the mad Arab Alhazred is FICTITIOUS. The lines are mine- written especially for the story- and Abdul Alhazred is a psuedonym I took when I was about five years old and crazy about the Arabian Nights. I hardly know what to think of this story- you are the first to see it- but I certainly put enough work into it. I tore up two beginnings, only hitting the right atmosphere the third time, and destroyed or rather rearranged one conclusion."

so you see... the mad arab was completely made up....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S.O.D.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

is Offline   Reply With Quote