Asphyxiation-Angel
New Blood

Asphyxiation-Angel
Credits: 636
From http://www.webster.com

Main Entry: pa·gan
Pronunciation: 'pA-g&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Late Latin paganus, from Latin, country dweller, from pagus country district; akin to Latin pangere to fix -- more at PACT
Date: 14th century
1 : HEATHEN 1; especially : a follower of a polytheistic religion (as in ancient Rome)
2 : one who has little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods : an irreligious or hedonistic person

As you can see from definition one, Wicca would qualify as pagan. Therefore, Wiccan magic is a form of pagan magic.

An earlier poster attempts to say that Wicca is inferior to another form of paganism because of the trappings. I would say in support of Wicca that the trappings referred to are the crutches of the novitiate. Wiccan "magic" requires nothing more than intention; just like any other form of magic. Both Wicca and druidism are neo-religions based on the indigenous religions of England, Scotland and Ireland. The only difference I found in my studies of both have been that Wicca is firmly based in the matriarchal fertility rites and lunar cycles while Druidism is more interested in the solar cycles and masculine energy although there are some druidic groups that try to balance somewhere between the two.
Keep in mind that neither religion has been practiced continuously. Both were basically destroyed by the introduction of Christianity to the Isles. Both were recreated after the witchcraft laws were repealed.

Pagan magic could be construed as Wiccan, Druidic, Norse, Germanic, Shamanism, or magic performed by any polytheist.

A good book to read on how magic works that contains a lot of information from various religions is Frasier's the Golden Bough. It explains the difference between contagious and sympathetic magic, the Micro/Macrocosm connection and the performance of various rites. A word of warning: Frasier writes as if he does not believe in his subject. Whether he does or not is a mute point because the information presented worth the read.

Slainte' M'hath